It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cornell Police Chief Apologizes for Saying “All Lives Matter”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

originally posted by: Jamie1

I'm glad ATS is a fringe website, because you guys are on the wrong side of history way too often.

How can discussing different view points put anybody on the wrong side of history?

Can you clarify what you mean by that?

Classic troll behavior.

Feign ignorance in an attempt to get me to engage. I've looked at your thread and posting history. Lots of race baiting. Almost exclusively race-baiting, actually. Lots of people toss around the word agenda, but I wonder what yours is, considering you like to take the unpopular opinion in just about every stance, I would almost be convinced that you are doing some kind of paper on fringe beliefs and how to incite vitriol and hared amongst a group of people discussing race.

But, then again, we're on a conspiracy board.
You see a troll, I see a person with their own views and opinions. Jamie and myself may not agree on a lot of things. In fact we've traded metaphorical blows more than once, but I'll never call her a troll, or a race-baiter. Instead of attacking the poster, why not instead refute her logic, answer her questions honestly, and give fact and sources to make your viewpoint more concrete? I understand you're a supporter of the protesters, I am too. But to jump headfirst into any social movement without first giving it a critical eye would be a fallacy. A critical mind would see there are flaws in the tactics of the protesters that should be addressed, and attacking the semantics of a few people takes away from the overall message. Focus on the REAL issue, don't dawdle in petty debates over wordplay. You won't gain any new friends.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Instead of attacking the poster, why not instead refute her logic, answer her questions honestly, and give fact and sources to make your viewpoint more concrete?

Because her logic changes depending on the thread. Which is, of course, classic troll behavior. Don't take my word for it, check her post history for yourself.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Again... what makes you think you are entitled to dictate what others should do about anything. Harvard makes it's stands where it does, not for me to say. Same for it's student body. I take my stands where I do.

a bizarre perception you've come up with. What are you talking about?

You won't succeed in baiting me. Your agenda is ridiculously obvious.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Instead of attacking the poster, why not instead refute her logic, answer her questions honestly, and give fact and sources to make your viewpoint more concrete?

Because her logic changes depending on the thread. Which is, of course, classic troll behavior. Don't take my word for it, check her post history for yourself.

As luck would have it, we tend to post in the same threads pretty often so I see a lot of her post history. I see an intellectual with a very slight conservative viewpoint (just my view, Jamie, correct me if I'm wrong) making logical arguments to support an emotional stance. Again, I don't see the troll here. Just because her views are often at odds with your own does not a troll make. A more simple conclusion would be incompatible personalities.
edit on 6-1-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: Ah, my perennial foe Grammar rears it's ugly head.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Again, I don't see the troll here. Just because her views are often at odds with your own does not a troll make. A more simple conclusion would be incompatible personalities.

Yeah, okay. And the nippled avatar she had when she made her first post, coupled with the confrontational censoring of that avatar later on isn't trollish either, right?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I would love to continue this discussion but it's nearly noon here in Tokyo and I need to get to sleep. I have to be at work by 11 PM and I have yet to eat after getting home. I'll read through posts later tonight and respond as appropriate. Thank you all for a (mostly) thoughtful and civil discussion, I hope to continue it!

Oyasumi Nasai.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Again, I don't see the troll here. Just because her views are often at odds with your own does not a troll make. A more simple conclusion would be incompatible personalities.

Yeah, okay. And the nippled avatar she had when she made her first post, coupled with the confrontational censoring of that avatar later on isn't trollish either, right?
Okay had to respond to this one.

Really? You're now attacking her first choice of avatar? MY first avatar was removed as well, newbies make mistakes, it happens. You really think that's evidence of a troll?

Okay, NOW I'm really closing my laptop and going to bed.
edit on 6-1-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: And spelling has joined the fray

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
All lives matter. Say it loud and say it proud. And please, never feel compelled to apologize for saying it. If the "black lives matter" movement wants to segregate themselves then let them do so. They can barge into eateries and call on people to stand with them while excluding those same individuals. Though I'm afraid their cries will fall mostly on deaf ears.

Perhaps when they stop being exclusive and become inclusive they will find more people standing with them.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
“All lives are equal, but some lives are more equal than others.”

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Your last statement, quoted above, is a bizarre perception you've come up with. What are you talking about?

Again with the feigning ignorance.

You've gotta pick up your game.

If Im picking up on it, and Im not that smart, others will see it as well.

What are you talking about? Try not being so obtuse if your goal is to effectively communicate your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I'm glad ATS is a fringe website, because you guys are on the wrong side of history way too often.

How can discussing different view points put anybody on the wrong side of history?

Can you clarify what you mean by that?

Classic troll behavior.

Feign ignorance in an attempt to get me to engage. I've looked at your thread and posting history. Lots of race baiting. Almost exclusively race-baiting, actually. Lots of people toss around the word agenda, but I wonder what yours is, considering you like to take the unpopular opinion in just about every stance, I would almost be convinced that you are doing some kind of paper on fringe beliefs and how to incite vitriol and hared amongst a group of people discussing race.

But, then again, we're on a conspiracy board.

Can you give me one example of me unfairly characterizing any race, or attacking any race?

Just give me ONE specific example.

Saying that people who claim they believe "all lives matter" and then block highways and protest inside restaurants aren't acting like they think all lives matter isn't race baiting.

Why do you find what I say so important?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Jamie1

Again... what makes you think you are entitled to dictate what others should do about anything. Harvard makes it's stands where it does, not for me to say. Same for it's student body. I take my stands where I do.

a bizarre perception you've come up with. What are you talking about?

You won't succeed in baiting me. Your agenda is ridiculously obvious.

Where do you see me trying to dictate that anybody do anything?

I'm pointing out that those claiming they believe "all lives matter" have demonstrated repeatedly by their actions that certain people's lives do NOT matter to them.

Can you give me an example of what you think is race baiting? Have I spoken negatively or unfairly about any race?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You mean this photo? This nippled avatar?

Then I replaced that avatar because some posters were saying they were offended because they could make out the outline of nipples in the above photo. Seriously. You can't make this up. They said it was inappropriate.

So I replaced it with this photo, which is now being characterized as a confrontational microagression. No mod told me to replace the other avatar btw.

So thank you for providing a stellar example of how to deflect discussion from the topic, and try to personally attack the person, instead of discussing the issue. I believe that's a much more serious violation of the ATS T&C than struggling to see nipples through a woman's sweater.

On topic, do you feel that those claiming "all lives matter" are acting like they believe all lives matter? Or do you think they''re being inconsiderate jackasses by not giving a sh!t about certain people?
edit on 7-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join