It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Texas paramilitary style group is organized in response to police brutality

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I give it two weeks before they're labelled a "terrorist organization".

Maybe a month.

too bad they weren't white and defending clive bundy on his ranch....those people pointed their ar-15's at the LEO's and the LEO's backed down and went home...none of them was shot or arrested, of course they were white, belonged to the NRA, so they were labeled as patriots.
The LEOs didn't shoot because they didn't want a massacre on their hands. Not because of their skin color. Additionally, the Bundy Ranch "patriots" (I stretch to call them such) didn't actually fire upon the LEOs. If this group DOES fire on LEOs, then the LEOs have every right to shoot back. So far, they haven't. Until then, I put them on the same level as the bundy ranch people. Armed people trying to make a point.
edit on 6-1-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: grammar continue to elude me

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Maybe a month.

too bad they weren't white and defending clive bundy on his ranch....those people pointed their ar-15's at the LEO's and the LEO's backed down and went home...none of them was shot or arrested, of course they were white, belonged to the NRA, so they were labeled as patriots.

the people at the bundy ranch also held their composure and didnt attack the cops........the only violence that happened came from the police .....

They peacfully protested, yes armed, but they never assaulted the police and what ended up happening? no one died...

They werent tearing things apart and burning things down.......

Violence begets violence, and the people at the bundy ranch werent yelling white power.......

Apples and oranges

i always love when theres blatant racism coming out from the black community people rush to defend it.......but when its the other way around its a travesty......

apples and oranges???.....what black guy could point an loaded AR-15 at a LEO, and not get arrested or shot?....are you kidding me?....they even threatened violence if those LEO's tried to take clive bundy's cattle.....

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

and the call to attack police.......

Your view is that its skewed, i disagree......

I think its apparent

So far the only difference is some cows and the phrase black power

Thats a pretty big difference........minimizing outright racism isnt helping any of this.....racism needs to be condemned no matter where it came from......

If the bundy people were screaming white power, you know damn good and well how the media and the people would have responded....

Stop being disingenuous.......
edit on 1/6/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant
They will definitely not bring a good light on themselves and their cause that is for sure, and yes they will get infiltrated, haven't they learned what happened to militias in the wake of Oklahoma city?

You made a point that more people should focus on concerning egos, yes you can't really control a persons nature, but the there should be a higher bar set, that the ego or super ego should play zero role in how officers act and interact with the public, I remember once a upon a time, you could ask a police directions, or anything but I have also seen some that act like they are gods and what business do I even have speaking to them, this is a problem that really is prevalent, does this mean they are bad officers? no but, there are many programs that would weed some of these individuals out, because ego + weapon + authority to kill or use force are bad recipes to mix.

We all know there is a balance but, these are plain and simple, public servants, they are supposed to carry themselves with a higher moral standard, in order for them to get more respect these image issues will also help, not just wearing the uniform and going through the motions and even worse, those that do it and hate their jobs as officers.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I missed any calls they made for members to commit crimes.

As far as the claim of the term black power being racist it truely is a matter of intent. yes on the surface it seems racist but we have to know there intentions before it can be proven and even then it is not much to go on.

disingenuous is the correct stance for learning

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

I missed any calls they made for members to commit crimes.

As far as the claim of the term black power being racist it truely is a matter of intent. yes on the surface it seems racist but we have to know there intentions before it can be proven and even then it is not much to go on.

disingenuous is the correct stance for learning

If a bunch of white guys got together and talked about how they were all for people of their color joining their cause if they have weapons, and then started chanting white power.......

How do you think people would react? Would you consider that racist? If it isnt racist then why arent other people of different color welcome?

Just stop man.......youre just trying to confuse the issue.......

Youve already gone into the whole metaphysical diatribe......

Dang it sucks they have to resort to the black power view cause they do not want to be infiltrated by the fallen angels.

Im not going to engage in misdirection........you want to be intellectually dishonest or obtuse thats your own prerogative.....im not going to bite
edit on 1/6/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You missed the key in my response and it covers every aspect of your post well.

INTENT

I am not intentionaly trying to confuse. It comes natural for me cause i view things on more than one level at a time.

The fictional white guys you just created would have to be judged by there intentions to be fair.

Accusing members of this and that and then a couple post later saying i am done talking to you seems to be the depth of your postings very often.

Do you understand that intent is the basis for our justice system?

Do you care to take a stab at saying based on the evidence so far what are their intentions?
edit on 6-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Maybe a month.

They are Black racists. Under Eric Holder and Obama, Eric Holder will probably give their leader a position in the DOJ and Obama will probably award the group for advancements in Civil Rights.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Maybe a month.

The LEOs didn't shoot because they didn't want a massacre on their hands. Not because of their skin color. Additionally, the Bundy Ranch "patriots" (I stretch to call them such) didn't actually fire upon the LEOs. If this group DOES fire on LEOs, then the LEOs have every right to shoot back. So far, they haven't. Until then, I put them on the same level as the bundy ranch people. Armed people trying to make a point.

Ultimately, I could agree with your last point "armed people trying to make a point", however the difference between Bundy Ranch and whoever these assholes are is the Bundy Ranch folks weren't racists.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I applaud their effort to resist violence, but must denounce them as a racist organization. If their charter had said "any oppressed people" I'd be a lot more receptive. All lives matter. It shouldn't ever be about race. Were all people with a common interest of freedom.

I for one, as a white male, would love to support them. Unfortunately their charter disqualifies me :down:

Just my 2 cents!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join