It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Texas paramilitary style group is organized in response to police brutality

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: butcherguy
Sometimes cops have to shoot people because they are a threat to their lives or others.

Is this something that only happens in the states? Because Europe doesn't seem to have this kind of problem.

What happens in Europe is irrelevant in this discussion of the US situation.

People here own guns.
Some of them are criminals.
Sometimes the threaten the lives of cops or other citizens.
Sometimes shooting them is the only way to neutralize that threat.

Contrary to popular belief, gun ownership in Europe isn't outlawed in many countries, though their use is restricted. Yet, somehow, people being killed by cops in European countries are a fraction of those in the states.

Let's not blame guns for cops killing people, okay?

I guess we can't blame the cops when a paramilitary group like in the OP end up being killed by them for justifiable reasons after trying to attack police...of course that would REALLY skew the numbers because they are all black....methinks they should add some whites in there but that would detract from the Black Power racial divide they are pushing.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

Let's not blame guns for cops killing people, okay?

I didn't.
I gave you an example.
You blamed me for saying something that I didn't.
More than one thing, actually.
You seem to be a disingenuous person.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Sooo, yeah. They are the same thing. Racism is racism, is doesn't matter which race is dishing it out.

White Power is a means to keep all other races down.
Black Power is a means to bring black people up.

Pretty big difference.
I'm sorry, I don't see a difference. If you advocate for only one race, or if you mean to diminish another a race, you're a racist. Plain and simple.

Racism implies using your prejudice because you believe you are better than another race. These people are not doing that, nor is there any indication to believe they think that.

Racism doesn't "imply using" anything. Racism is a belief in one's superiority to another race. You can be a full blown racist without ever "using" your racism.

"Black power" was started as a movement in support of rights and political power for blacks. Unfortunately for one reason or another the slogan is associated more with militants than how it was initially intended.

So is a bunch of people running around with guns doing military drills yelling "black power" inherently racist and promoting violence? No, not necessarily. But the totality of the circumstances would lend a credible possibility that it is.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Sooo, yeah. They are the same thing. Racism is racism, is doesn't matter which race is dishing it out.

Pretty big difference.
I'm sorry, I don't see a difference. If you advocate for only one race, or if you mean to diminish another a race, you're a racist. Plain and simple.

Racism implies using your prejudice because you believe you are better than another race. These people are not doing that, nor is there any indication to believe they think that.

Racism doesn't "imply using" anything. Racism is a belief in one's superiority to another race. You can be a full blown racist without ever "using" your racism.

"Black power" was started as a movement in support of rights and political power for blacks. Unfortunately for one reason or another the slogan is associated more with militants than how it was initially intended.

So is a bunch of people running around with guns doing military drills yelling "black power" inherently racist and promoting violence? No, not necessarily. But the totality of the circumstances would lend a credible possibility that it is.

Completely agree and want to add that this is an easy transition when the leaders are not carefully screened for their views...one bad leader can change the direction of a group overnight in a less than productive manner.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Pretty big difference.

At the behest of the Mod I won't be discussing the subject of racism in this thread any longer.

The paramilitary group has every right to be doing what it is doing, so long as they don't begin telling their members to commit violence against police officers.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Pretty big difference.

At the behest of the Mod I won't be discussing the subject of racism in this thread any longer.

The paramilitary group has every right to be doing what it is doing, so long as they don't begin telling their members to commit violence against police officers.

Unfortunately the route the are taking only leaves that option in the end.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Dang it sucks they have to resort to the black power view cause they do not want to be infiltrated by the fallen angels.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Pretty big difference.

Should that happen, they'll be labelled terrorists. Heck, maybe even ol' Barry will drone 'em.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Go to your kids crayon box white is a color but don't call us for backup.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Pretty big difference.

Should that happen, they'll be labelled terrorists. Heck, maybe even ol' Barry will drone 'em.

So you are pro anarchy?

That is what will happen if they start bombing people in the homeland and others see it first hand. If they ever bring those tactics out of the sand then everything automaticaly changes.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

Why would we need backup to look at kids crayon box?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

Why would we need backup to look at kids crayon box?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

If someone wants to disprove me, so be it, but I just can't be bothered most of the time.

First off, welcome to ATS. Since you are new here, you may want to read around a bit to understand how adults discuss things.
If you make a statement and you want to be taken seriously and treated like an adult, be prepared to back up your words. If you don't, everyone will assume you are a troll, and they will ignore your silliness.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Pretty big difference.

So you are pro anarchy?

That is what will happen if they start bombing people in the homeland and others see it first hand. If they ever bring those tactics out of the sand then everything automaticaly changes.
I was being facetious, of course. But the "terrorist group" classification would certainly be a possibility if this group turns violent. It would likely culminate in a raid any compound they have, in an attempt to arrest everyone in the group.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Pretty big difference.

So you are pro anarchy?

I was being facetious, of course. But the "terrorist group" classification would certainly be a possibility if this group turns violent. It would likely culminate in a raid any compound they have, in an attempt to arrest everyone in the group.

There is a difference between violence and breaking the law. Any such raids on them without them breaking laws would tip the boat over. It is legal to arrest citizens and police if they break the law. The lines of probable cause have been stretched too far. simply labeling them terrorist will not be enough because now we have millions of people that have been labeled terrerist and they do not get harassed. We call them rednecks and vetrans.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I give it two weeks before they're labelled a "terrorist organization".

Maybe a month.

too bad they weren't white and defending clive bundy on his ranch....those people pointed their ar-15's at the LEO's and the LEO's backed down and went home...none of them was shot or arrested, of course they were white, belonged to the NRA, so they were labeled as patriots.
edit on 6-1-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Maybe a month.

too bad they weren't white and defending clive bundy on his ranch....those people pointed their ar-15's at the LEO's and the LEO's backed down and went home...none of them was shot or arrested, of course they were white, belonged to the NRA, so they were labeled as patriots.

the people at the bundy ranch also held their composure and didnt attack the cops........the only violence that happened came from the police .....

They peacfully protested, yes armed, but they never assaulted the police and what ended up happening? no one died...

They werent tearing things apart and burning things down.......

Violence begets violence, and the people at the bundy ranch werent yelling white power.......

Apples and oranges

i always love when theres blatant racism coming out from the black community people rush to defend it.......but when its the other way around its a travesty......

edit on 1/6/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: jimmyx

Maybe a month.

the people at the bundy ranch also held their composure and didnt attack the cops........the only violence that happened came from the police .....

They peacfully protested, yes armed, but they never assaulted the police and what ended up happening? no one died...

They werent tearing things apart and burning things down.......

Violence begets violence, and the people at the bundy ranch werent yelling white power.......

Apples and oranges

i always love when theres blatant racism coming out from the black community people rush to defend it.......but when its the other way around its a travesty......

Your whole post is skewed.
Your claim of apples and oranges is false.
This group has not comitted any violence that you make the claim that they have by linking them as being part of the furguson protest.
So far the only difference is some cows and the phrase black power.
Even if i wanted to agree with you i could not because of the falsehoods.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join