It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Boom again Hamblen County TN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I searched for this and found a thread from 2013, but nothing more recent.

MORRISTOWN — The Morristown-Hamblen Emergency Management Agency in Morristown is asking residents of the Hamblen County area if they “felt or heard a loud boom” early Tuesday.
Knoxnews

In 2013 this was heard quite a bit, and by some members here. The odd thing is last night, around 5:45 EST, we heard a boom that shook the house. All the people on the road were outside asking what that was. I live about 50 miles from Morristown. The people that heard it last night were confined to a small 1 mile or less radius apparently. I called the number in the Knoxnews post and reported it, even though it wasn't this mornings boom. They said they are getting all sorts of calls from the area. Maybe fracking or drilling is starting up again?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Isn't Oak Ridge National Laboratory close by? Could be doing some funky stuff there.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Double trouble post
edit on 6-1-2015 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hmmm, I dont think the spallation neutron source is up and running right now, but I could be wrong. ORNL is about 20 miles west of me, puts them close to 70 miles or so west of morristown.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tnhiker

All these loud booms that are shaking houses and shattering windows, yet the ATF isn't called in to investigate? My sister experienced the same kind of boom in her neighborhood. Calls were placed, yet the police, nor the city government looked into it. Something's very fishy about all this, when no federal agency has decided to investigate over the public's alarming concerns.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I didn't hear anything unusual yesterday, I'm in the Nashville vicinity. Can you describe the noise a little bit? Like a deep rumbling boom or sharp cracking boom?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

They study decomposition of human bodies there. How much noise does that make?
Munch, munch...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
When the booms were heard here they investigated it. I'm in south eastern Virginia . On the Chesapeake bay. a reply to: WeRpeons

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Special Use Airspace AR633A was in use last night overhead that spot from 23:45 to 1:15.
sua.faa.gov...

While it looks like a tanker track, it could have been boomed by some fighters they were refueling. It's almost right overhead Hamblen County.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Considering that lightning storms seem to have intensified quite a bit to what appear to be unnatural amounts of activity in one single storm cloud I would link this "unexplainable boom" phenomenon to whatever is causing storm clouds to intensify (personally I think the cesium and other pollutions from Fukushima is sqarely to blame). Thinly dispersed radionuclides are like steroids to our weather systems. That's pure conjecture, of course.

originally posted by: tnhiker
I searched for this and found a thread from 2013, but nothing more recent.

MORRISTOWN — The Morristown-Hamblen Emergency Management Agency in Morristown is asking residents of the Hamblen County area if they “felt or heard a loud boom” early Tuesday.
Knoxnews

In 2013 this was heard quite a bit, and by some members here. The odd thing is last night, around 5:45 EST, we heard a boom that shook the house. All the people on the road were outside asking what that was. I live about 50 miles from Morristown. The people that heard it last night were confined to a small 1 mile or less radius apparently. I called the number in the Knoxnews post and reported it, even though it wasn't this mornings boom. They said they are getting all sorts of calls from the area. Maybe fracking or drilling is starting up again?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear
Almost like an explosion. But it was short and quick. Thought my crazy neighbors had fired off dynamite again, except louder. Lasted about 5 seconds maybe?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

They do much more than that. Here's a list of the facilities there. Oak Ridge facilities

That's just what's public.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Do they do anything noisy?a reply to: jtrenthacker

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
There have been lots of them this morning.
2 miles from east industrial park.

History this far:

1/3/16
4:15 am
Boom sound
Shook house, dishes rattled

2nd
4:19 lighter

3rd
5:06am boom, house shook, dishes rattled

4th-5th-6th
5:09am boom, house shook, dishes rattled

7th
5:10am boom, house shook, small movement of hanging pictures

8-11th
5:11am rolling booms (2-5 at a time), lighter

12th
boom, light

13th thru 16th
6:04 3 series of several booms
First was hardest. Shaking the house, rattled dishes, moved hanging pictures.

17th
6:10am light boom, sounding distant

18th
6:11am boom, moderate, house shook, nothing moved

19th
6:13am boom, house shook hard,
rattled dishes, moved hanging pictures.

20th
6:14am Rolling booms (3-5), light, didn't shake house

21st
6:16an boom, distant

22nd
6:16am boom. Hard, shook house, rattled dishes, moved hanging pictures.

23rd
6:20am Booms, distant sounding.

This is my experience thus far.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: KatEastTN
From my experience in Oklahoma, we frequently hear booms from small earthquakes that originate close by (some have been within a mile of my house).

The sound is a bit deeper than thunder, like when it's far away that you only hear the rumbling part.

Might the booms and shaking be that? There was one week two years ago that we had more than one an hour, but they were so small that the USGS either didn't detect them or just doesn't post on their site.
edit on 8Sun, 03 Jan 2016 08:21:37 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I don't see anything on the USGS...

Small earthquakes are not all that uncommon here.

Could there be blasting/drilling near your location?

USGS

I'm near there so, of course, I am curious!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Here's another idea I remembered while researching the new "booms"...

I first heard of this a year or so ago...it is called cryoseism. It is an unusual weather phenomenon.

You may remember hearing about them as "frost quakes" or "ice booms".

Anyhow, it got down somewhere in the 20's here last night and I imagine it got below freezing there also...

Here's a link to a story that WATE did last year...

Frost Quakes

Cryoseismic booms, or frost quakes, are caused when frozen water expands quickly in the ground, according to the National Weather Service.
When water runs into the ground and freezes, it expands when the temperature drops dramatically, putting stress on the surrounding soil or rock.
The “explosion” is the result of the pressure being released with a booming sound and slight tremor.

Perhaps that is what you experienced.

edit on 3-1-2016 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

edit on 3-1-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
it's just acetylene bombs.....they young crowd does it for kicks.....it's real cheap and easy.....

they can make mushroom clouds by shaping the 55 gallon barrel top, too... do it over a fire and the ash goes up like crazy...it's real loud like artillery.....it's what is used in basic training in the army....as you crawl under the barbed wire....to see if the recruit is gonna freeze....

edit on 3-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

new topics

top topics

join