It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had intel to save US government, would you? I sure as hell wouldn't.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
What if we flipped the question?

What if the Government had intel that would save millions of lives and decided to sit on it to "not panic the public" and to "get rid of useless eaters" so the "upper crust" could survive with their wealth intact? You know, the whole Georgia Guide Stones, "keep humans below 500,000,000" or some such.

I mean, really, do you think the Government would tell the masses that a rock is coming to do massive damage, and if you are in such-in-such location, this many miles from this epicenter, coast line, you are gonna die. There might be some people with a conscience left that might try to warn others, but there are hard liners that would rather see the population reduced and could care less of the middle and "lower" classes. It would be these people that I would be watchful of, for they are the ones that shout orders to have some killed for what they know, and what they could divulge. "National Security" is what they would call it. "The public doesn't need to know this, as it would cause a panic, and we can't help them all, and they are JUST people, we are over populated..." and all manor of rationalizations for saving themselves at the expense of the general public.

No, I don't think I would warn them, they already know.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

Using ones ends, to justify ones means is never wise. It does not absolve one of the consequences of ones actions. Furthermore, to sacrifice innocent lives in order to take out a corrupted few, in such vast number, is not acceptable, and the only way to think otherwise, is to take on the mantle of corruption for yourself.

I am utterly appalled.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Heck no,let this witch burn! People die everyday in this country and other countries for a lot less than what is going on in the congress and white house. A meteor is an act of god. Let him take them out.But I would be squirreling away food and supplies for me and mine.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The way I see it, if you had knowledge of a certain impending doom and you did nothing to stop it or prepare others to endure it, you are nothing short of evil. That's like asking, "if you had intel that could prevent 9/11 would you act on that intel?", of course I would!. I love my fellow man. Well... when I'm not cursing their stupidity that is...

edit on Cam10Tuesday3320151331Tue, 06 Jan 2015 10:33:13 -06002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is why conspiracy theorists get looked at with suspicion. This line of thinking is twisted and I wouldn't be surprised if the nsa takes a closer look at you.
edit on 6-1-2015 by Dystopium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

So answer me this amateur, if a big rock hits D.C and destroys it wouldn't most of the east coast also suffer heavy casualties?

I bet these are the nocturnal emissions that keep you warm at night.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TryAndStopTheFuture555
I dabble in Amateur Astronomy, one night recently I was staring into the sky and it kinda dropped on me all of a sudden.

Hypothetically if I knew of a rock big enough to take out Washington DC and knew exact time and day it would hit Washington DC.

And I could warn the government so they all escape to other states to save themselves or go to deep underground bases.
They would probably give me few million, make me a hero among my peers. Offered me a nice job position.

I really doubt that they would make you a hero and offer you a job and money. They'd probably just lock you up before you could cause a mass panic.

So, for your own safety you might do best to keep quiet, as you plan

If you had that information you'd be better off doing your best to alert as many people as you possibly could whilst you could. Not just for their safety, but for your own. Give yourself a high profile and make as many grateful friends as you could.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
since this is a conspiracy site I`m going to say NO I wouldn`t tell them, and here`s why:

I would anonymously pass that info to astronomers around the world and let them confirm the information and sound a warning.
Why would I do it that way?
well if I was able to detect this threat then I`m pretty sure that the government would know about it already.since the government already knows about it and haven`t issued any public warnings I would assume that since they won`t be able to save everyone,that they aren`t going to tell us in order to avoid chaos.They will sneak out of town to their D.U.M.B.S at the last moment and let the chips fall where they may.
Anyone who has knowledge or forewarning of the impending disaster will have to be neutralized to prevent them from sounding the alarm.
Do you really want to be the lone voice sounding the alarm and putting a big target on your forehead for government assassins to come looking for you?

although it`s fun to fantasize about issuing a warning and being hailed a hero by the government it`s just as likely that the government might see you as a threat that could throw a monkey wrench into their secret plans.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
People dying will probably not cause a big system change since it will only come new people into the matrix taking their places.

To give another perspective on this dilemma. Every day the war machine kills innocent people all over the world and politicians are allowed to get off the hook with lame excuses. And the citizens are inactive to do something to really change that making excuses also. Where is the empathy and action for the innocent in other parts of the world that do not get the coverage they deserve in the media so the insanity stops?
edit on 6-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The best option would be to find some way to splash the proof out over every outlet I could find, so that the government wouldn't have the opportunity to simply sit on it until they could save the important people first. They should have the same chances to get out everyone else has.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

If you had that information you'd be better off doing your best to alert as many people as you possibly could whilst you could. Not just for their safety, but for your own. Give yourself a high profile and make as many grateful friends as you could.

What do you mean as I plan ?

Dude if this scenario was real I would not be posting to ATS nothing about it. You think after 5 years of reading ATS I don't know that this is NSA/CIA central.

everything else you wrote is spot on

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
OK everybody

so far only a few agreed with me

some of you also agree with me but would never be open about it on ATS due to government surveillance

Most of you would indeed save the US government, and why not. US government owns your bodies and your souls.

Most of you have crossed over to the dark side loooong time ago. I've been reading ATS for about 5 years, I know a lot of you.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TryAndStopTheFuture555

originally posted by: berenike

What do you mean as I plan ?

Dude if this scenario was real I would not be posting to ATS nothing about it. You think after 5 years of reading ATS I don't know that this is NSA/CIA central.

everything else you wrote is spot on

In your OP you said you would not say a word. ie planned to keep quiet in the event that you should find out a rock was on its way to destroy Washington DC.

That is what I was referring to.

edit on 7-1-2015 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

so far only a few agreed with me

So it seems like most people have something called compassion. You and some others seem to lack this not to mention the others know the government isn't the problem Wall Street and the bankers are the problem.

Most of you would indeed save the US government, and why not. US government owns your bodies and your souls.

Just because people don't want to see innocent people killed like you do doesn't mean the government owns them.

Most of you have crossed over to the dark side loooong time ago. I've been reading ATS for about 5 years, I know a lot of you.

You know next to nothing. Just because you read what a person posts on this forum doesn't mean you know the person.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

You need to understand that it is an error of fantastic proportions to conflate the desire that people here would have, to see the residents of Washington DC saved from cometary obliteration, with a desire to save the government.

The fact is that if one wants to remove a government because one distrusts it, because it has been needlessly barbaric, foolish, and underhand, then one does not allow a single innocent to come to harm in ones effort to remove that government. One removes that government by way of surgically precise means instead.

If you were to fail to inform someone that the city was under threat, you would be killing potentially hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people, by your inaction. That is unacceptable in every possible regard. This is nothing to do with government, this is about the people. You cannot protect the people from a government gone mad, by way of a mechanism which leads to the deaths of innocent people. To do so would be morally reprehensible.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You sound so righteous and correct. All super nice stuff.

But where is your heart for those US government has killed for the last 50 years and for those US government WILL KILL in the future.

Where is your heart for them ?

(tsk tsk tsk)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

read post above this one so I don't have to type twice

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

No doubt, that account must be balanced at some point, but spilling innocent blood will not tip the scale. Removing the perpetrators from power, and publicly destroying them, putting them on trial, showing their deeds for what they are and making them pay for every single misdeed, THAT would balance the scales. Taking the people who pull the strings out of their lofty offices and gaudy palaces of profit, and identifying them before the public, stripping those who have usurped the democratic voting rights of generations of their power and wealth as punishment, THAT might make a difference.

And by the way, my ability to empathise with and show compassion for innocent lives in Washington DC, does not make me incapable of having compassion and sympathy for those who have been abused by the government which uses that city as its Capitol, and furthermore, that extends to people all over the world, who have been hurt by ANY government, theirs, mine, or yours. I am disgusted by the fact that my government here in the UK has supported the war on terror, which has killed HUGE numbers of civilians, and a relatively small number of actual combatants, when compared with the civilian death toll.

However, killing more innocent people would just fan a flame, and allow something worse than what we have now, to come into power, riding on the storm of grief. No. Freedom must be attained, but enough innocent people have died already. It is time that a solution was found, which only involves harming those responsible for these horrors. No endeavour which means the death of an innocent is valid, or morally sound, and therefore should be discarded, not just because they are morally unsound, but because to do so will make things WORSE long term, not better.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

well while you wait and.......hope

perhaps fate will indeed send a rock to the right place

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join