It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Describe Your God

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I don't have a god. I see no reason why I should submit myself to a higher authority that doesn't deem to let us know it exists and instead lets people do its talking for it.

Maybe one of these days he will reveal himself to you.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I think God has a personality, but that it operates on a totally different level to the one you and I experience.

Think about a higher dimensional being and the relationship we, as 3-D beings have to the Sunday comic strips.

The character in the comics says 'Do you think 'God' has a thought bubble above his head like we do?' His friend says 'Oh yes, but the writing in his thought bubble is more philosophical and meaningful'.

We laugh, because we know they're apply their paradigm because they know no other way.

It's Newcomb's Paradox. You can't understand or conceptualize that which is outside your reality and everything that is of higher dimension or outside in the Multiverse we literally have no words or concepts to describe. Any 'description' would be like gibberish.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. Extrapolated, that would mean we witness parts of God in every experience and moment. Interestingly, this also makes it incredibly hard to find since there is no place God is "not" for comparison or contrast.

Because of this, it also means any construct I come up with in my mind is a false idol of sorts. It is still like a finger pointing at the moon, but it is not the moon itself. Most seem to argue over who points best, or how there is nothing to point towards.

I do not see what we know as "the universe" as accurately encompassing all of existence, only our spectrum of experience. The possibility of realms without as much spatial motion opens the possibility for realms based more on temporal movement. If these parts of the universe interact, it would happen in ways that would appear as a paradox. The word 'temporal' tends to refer specifically to the non - spiritual, but a purely temporal realm with no material movement could provide a solid foundation for actually understanding the different cogs that might drive varying parts of our very existence.

"God" would be the entire system, as well as each individual part. But the true expanse and scale of such an experience is far beyond our spectrum of experience. A bit like the cells in our body attempting to understand the consciousness of the whole body. If this universe is one among many, we have little to no foundation for reliable exploration or explanation.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

For anyone that reads scripture, go find out who the True God is and express that nature.

God is love. God is invisible.
I can't see love but I can see the expression of love through you.
The expression of love is the Son of God.

What is Gods purpose?

To replicate his complete self in you.

What is your purpose?

To let God enjoy his creation through you.

It's that simple.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Precisely!

The trouble here is frame of referrence, and we simply have not got a frame of referrence to describe God.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
My God Created the Universe...via the Big Bang started by some, as of yet, unknown reason or mechanism. That God could be but a small part of a larger God who is in turn part of a larger God...this cycle perhaps goes on forever? My God Created all of this wonderful systems, and energy and cells and atoms and processes that we are as yet still discovering almost daily via science. In this Universe our souls are set free or apart from God to experience being apart from God. When we die we go back to be with God...while on earth most of us have no idea what happens after death or what life is really about or who or what God is. When we die we know...and can choose to stay as part of God in heaven or come back to life via reincarnation.

Of course I could be totally wrong, but that's a close summary. My God generally lets our lives play out as we create them via the choices we make and what we experience and learn...My God is not one of the Bible or any of that crap. He isn't vengeful or hateful and doesn't enjoy rape or killing and doesn't require sacrificial animals or anything. Why would she? She's a God after all who can create Universes upon Universes.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join