It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Describe Your God

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I think God has a personality, but that it operates on a totally different level to the one you and I experience. It is interesting that you mention this being a scientific query as much as anything else.

The way I see it, science is the methodology that we apply, to allow us to gain some small understanding of the complexity and the function of the universe around us. We can examine all manner of things, from the universe itself, in background radiation images and in mathematical formulae to describe its depths, and we can observe the tiniest and most short lived of things using apparatus like the LHC experiments at CERN.

However subatomic particles are just more created stuff, and so by examination of them, all we examine is the creation, rather than the creator. So as wonderful as science is for determining the mass of a thing, or working out the displacement effect that a certain tonnage of vessel will have on the volume into which it is floated, it cannot tell us about the creator, it can only illuminate level after level of the complexity of his creation.

That is why, despite the fact that I have a deep love for science in terms of the wonders it can expose a mind to, the fantastic intricacies of creation itself, I have to rely on faith in order to even believe in God, and I do not think that science will ever allow mortal minds to encompass even the tiniest fraction of His form as an entity. I believe that God as a being exists outside of the material universe, as well as occupying space within every particle and even absence of particles therein, from the formless voids between stars, to the writhing hearts of black holes and gamma ray explosions. However, even as He is everywhere, His construction is such that we cannot observe it directly, or even indirectly using scientific endeavour.

When we think about our lives, and our universe, the stage upon which the existence of the species plays out, we consider these things in terms of matter and energy, atomic and subatomic, ionic and covalent chemical bonds, electrochemical transfers in our brains, organic and inorganic chemistry. These are the many facets of the languages we use to talk about our experience in technical terms, but they are limited to what we have experienced. It is my belief that none of these things can be used to assist with our understanding of God the creator, because He is not constructed from any of these, but called them into being so that WE could exist, for reasons that at present we can only guess at, and with rather too little information to make speculation wise, or likely to provide any useful answers.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I don't have a god. I see no reason why I should submit myself to a higher authority that doesn't deem to let us know it exists and instead lets people do its talking for it.

I find that quite sad.
However, that's why it's called faith.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

OK I'll bite.
He is loving, giving, forgiving, condemning, fearsome, jealous, awesome, omnipotent, glorious, loving, mysterious, protective, healing.... Everything positive, truthful and creative.
And these just come to mind in a few seconds.

How is "jealous" a positive attribute? Last I checked, humans consider jealousy a character flaw, so why is god celebrated for having an attribute that humans consider to be bad among other humans.

Same questions for "condemning" and "fearsome" as well. Your god sounds awful.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I don't have a god. I see no reason why I should submit myself to a higher authority that doesn't deem to let us know it exists and instead lets people do its talking for it.

I find that quite sad.
However, that's why it's called faith.

Yes, have faith that your fellow man is speaking correctly for god. Lol that is a HUGE stretch of my faith. Humans are notorious liars, ESPECIALLY when put in positions of power and authority over others.

But what's sad about not having a god? It doesn't change my life one iota. I had a god before when I was Christian and now I don't. I feel EXACTLY the same as I did then as I do now.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Guys...

I respect both of your rights to have an opinion on whether God exists at all, and the ethics and morality of relying on human beings to correctly relay his message to his people. However, this thread has been specifically authored for discussion of His make up as a being, and it was authored diligently, was well written, and the topic itself is interesting. In short, this thread deserves to be respected, and the best way to do that is to discuss the topic within the framework set out by the OP.

It certainly deserves enough respect, to ensure that this thread does not turn into yet another spat between atheists and Christians.
edit on 6-1-2015 by TrueBrit because: Corrected malfunctioning reply tag.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

Most of you atheists, do succumb to temptation of treating people as animals because you see only short term alive primates of which we have a lot. And so what if they get used, abused, killed, or whatever.

I have never met an atheist that even resembles those you describe. But I have certainly met those who believe in god that resemble this... If you had intel to save the US government, would you? I sure as hell wouldn't.

On Topic: I don't believe in gods, goddesses, deities, or divinity. However, I am not opposed to entertaining the idea of a creator(s). But describing such would be an exercise in futility, because I see religion and metaphysics both as sorely lacking if the creator is spirit. And science as lacking if the creator(s) is flesh and blood.

edit on 1/6/2015 by Klassified because: add

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Omnipresent
Nurturing
Energy

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
God is infinite.
God takes up all Space there is.
God is absolute neutral.

Since God is infinite God must be a part of all there is. Everything formed/created is of God.

The Properties of the singularity posess all Properties to form life. I dont believe God directly formed life. BUt God New what would come from the singularity as it evolved.

The singularity is a lot like a seed growing into something we dont know yet. Acording to the Bible it is going to be good for some and not so good for others.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
My God is the light of life. No not Jesus, the light we see with, the image of God. God isn't anything supernatural, God is everything that is natural. He doesn't send fireballs down from heaven and doesn't flood the entire world, "he" is a passive observer of motion and is within all of us. He doesn't condemn anyone to torture and has already forgiven us by giving us life.
edit on 1/6/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TryAndStopTheFuture555

There is no your god my god

There is only GOOD and EVIL

if you are hurting others and yourself, you are evil

if you are helping others and yourself, you are good

But what if you help a grannie across the street (and she doesn't want to go)?

What about 'tough love'?

And finally, are you saying the fire and brimstone God of the old testament is evol?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The closest term is Tao, like imagining an Ocean of Love/Goodness/Intellect that is Spirit and yet cannot be expressed as One in the normal sense as infinity does not do ones. It is mind boggling and boundless and if you can define something, even if you perceive it's an infinite something (and note, we are all infinite parts of infinity and all snapshots of all simultaneous life times and moments in infinity is happening at once without linear time and is also like an infinite photo, that anyone can return to, and this universe is not God but is an infinite DVD internet of information, like a training manual dvd and your body renders it); but even if you perceive that God is an infinite something, well you are too, and infinity the wild card that it is, has infinite things just like that, or beings just like that, and infinite variety of beings just like that, and infinite things that are NOT that, and variety of those things or beings.

In the end, God is comprised of all the Love and Good in all of us and yet the Infinite Oneness Connections between all infinite beings is also an Intellect of Love and Goodness that is the Ocean and Tao of Consciousness and is what I call Mom and Dad.

Not controlling, not smiting, never dominates, does not set all these weird rules, is boundless Love and waits patiently and supports all souls that starts to choose to be loving, and never sets limits. If it takes a million lifetimes or beyond life, sessions or 10, each soul is made Love and home in wonderful advanced management positions of counseling, teaching, loving, learning and growing as its infinite learning and growing and loving and teaching and counseling.

In infinite realms and frequencies.

Always a hand down, always forgiving, never ever into karma, only learning.

Its our souls that are the judgemental ones and hard on self and that is the element that must be overcome in ourselves to grow up more so we are freed up from this level.

To me that is also the Tao, Zen, Buddhism, Pure Gnostic, Christ Consciousness, True Metaphoric and Real Christianity and Free Form spirituality.

And yet don't want to be limited to anything that may have codes from the elites in them who only wish to control and harm others, except for the few who probably feel rather stifled and in danger in this world as they can't help the way they should be able to in a true free will platform. There would be no deaths and death threats but free sharing of beliefs and shining help to people, it would be equal presence, whereas this one is dim and controlled and unbalanced.

However in order for it to still have so much Love and Goodness in people's hearts, despite their programming to support injustice and inequality and harsh judicial systems, this must still give the school some merit and people still have the chance to create paradise or naturally it would be over here. And its not, so there is still work to do.

God is NOT all however, for God is All Consciousness/Spirit, and if we call this Light, though it may be a different type of light than sunlight, we could perceive that in Infinite Progressed Consciousness there is More Love, More Understanding and Compassion, More Intelligence and Creation, Talents, Insight, More of all the Good, but even though that Consciousness is you, as well, if you shrink your own awareness and compassion and withdraw empathy to enslave or murder or harm, its shrinking.

That consciousness can grow to infinity and be shrunk infinitely and though it never disappears, its not equal. Infinite Good and Infinite withering insanity is not equal. Good and Evil is not equal. God is only the Pure Goodness Love Growth Infinite Wisdom and all these steps are to redeem each infinite cell or part of this Whole Tao.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
A giant hand that could be an open palm coming down to reach his children, or a giant fist coming down like Lucifer head when he hit earth after the fall.
edit on 6-1-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

JJ

Interesting. Best about it is that you are entertaining it. I find that entertaining ideas far exceeds belief in ideas. Entertaining ideas is creative, believing them is static and I entertain the idea that our real "Firstness" is anything but static.
There is a certain flow to your idea, amorphous as it seems in its present consideration. So, if you don't mind, I think I will toss it in my gumbo and see if anything boils to the top. Thanks

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
My Khod is female. Her name? Aluna. This is what I learned from the Kogi tribe of South America. They say that she existed before light was thought into creation. The hidden pattern in nature is feminine. She is the animating principle.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Due to knowing, what this is, and absolute faith in Goodness only, and the lower nature and insanity of the dark side, I only believe in the Good. I have no doubts that its the only true Higher Up and Power, empowering the least and neglected and overflowing Love and Understanding, and when you hold light with your spirit, some may it see it as a light sword in dreams, like mine, that does not cut or harm, but I knew anything that had that output rain down on them woke up, even the lower dimensionals I was captured by in a series dreams years ago. I couldn't fight, but woke them up and they avoided my light. But here is the thing, Love can't be overcome, it blocks infinitely, and all you do is draw the line, close the door, see it over, give thanks for the Hero's and Teamwork that all Good is about.

And everyone is Loved, counts infinitely and no one will ever be lost so be brave and have faith and never follow bad orders but seek the way to help others because Love hurts with everyone pain and doesn't want someone stuck for a zillion perceived years in hell.
edit on 6-1-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Well, I'm about 5'11", long brown hair, bad skin and an intolerance for ignorance and shallowness.

What else do you want to know?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I like to picture God in a tuxedo t-shirt. Like he's formal but also likes to party. I also like to picture him as a bum on the street and he like walks up to me and I'm about to just sock him right in the face but I'm all like, "whoa, this might be God." So I don't and then we go party and stuff.

edit on 6-1-2015 by Feltrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
IMHO, GOD is EVERYTHING. IT is all people, all animals, plants, insects, inanimate objects, the space between objects and the spaces between spaces.

IT is each, both and neither high vibration(good) and low vibration(evil); I believe what people usually perceive to be God is the very highest of vibrations/frequencies - LOVE. I believe that the low vibrations, Evil; is simply a 'part' of GOD (as we all are) and is expressing its self in these ways which we perceive to be 'bad' or 'wrong'. It however is not evil, bad, or wrong; simply low vibrational and in some cases 'Extremely' Low.

I believe that in the 'beginning' (which I think was the Next or New start from the last thing we did) was GOD, a lot of people think and believe that there was darkness and nothing and GOD was inside of it, I believe that 'nothing', all of it, was GOD. However far out that nothing and darkness reached is ALL GOD, there is nothing BUT GOD in my opinion. And that 'Nothing' I think was Infinite potential waiting to pop off and create all of this.

I recently looked up these simple words that help to define the undefinable for me:
OMnipresence - Present EVERYWHERE at the same time.
OMniscient - Having complete or Unlimited knowledge, awareness, or understanding; perceiving ALL things. (That is currently in EXISTENCE.)
OMnipotent - Almighty or Infinite in power.
OMnificent - Creating ALL things; having Unlimited powers of creation.

OM, the first Vibration/Word.
To me GOD is intelligent Vibration/Frequency and can manifest ITs self in WHATEVER way it chooses to; for Expression, Pleasure and Challenge.

There's my two cents.

In Lak'ech Ala K'in
edit on 6-1-2015 by MidNight sun because: Clarification,

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
God is like me but better.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Well, I'm about 5'11", long brown hair, bad skin and an intolerance for ignorance and shallowness.

What else do you want to know?

Priceless

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join