It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush jr. for a 3rd term.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This whole thread is based on a false premise - Bush was not appointed by the Senate in 2000. The Supreme Court stopped the partial recounts in Florida, thereby awarding the state and it's electoral votes to Bush. This gave him the same majority in the Electoral College that all presidents have used to claim the office.

Bottom line, no basis for a 3rd term.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
quote]Originally posted by Skibum

Originally posted by elaine
Franklin D. Roosevelt was elected for a third term. It's possible
that Bush could be too.

The 22nd amendment was passed after Roosevelt. So no it is not still possible

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Skibum]

Remember prohibition? Bush could get rid of the 22nd ammendment.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Remember prohibition? Bush could get rid of the 22nd ammendment.

History lesson. Prohibition was brought about by the 18th amendment.
Prohibition ended with the 21st amendment. Since Bush does not have the power to create constitutional amendments he would not be able to change the constitutuon.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

By all rights, this thread belongs in the education forum as a perfect example of the break down of the American educational system.

There are some people who should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for their total ignorance of the Constitution and the way our government works.

This is embarrassing, people.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If Bush gets a third term ... watch out world

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
He wasnt elected by the people????

Now, there's real news...no offense.....

Lets all welcome the dictatorship please.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Here i go again...I'm here to tell you that George is ours forever. This is it.
Republicans voted him in, the powers that be, the shadow government, whatever you want to call it---This is it.
They will do whatever it takes to keep him in. "whatever"

Never has a signature been so prophetic as mine..........

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
Well, there is always Jeb Bush to continue the dynasty, actually he has a more sophisticated look and feel than GW.

Uh, what???????

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe751
you think its bullchit? well just hold on a second and think about this. i have heard from several friends of mine the bush is going to try and seek a third term on technical grounds. it seems that bush was appointed by the senate in his first term. he wasnt elected by the people. so therefore he really has only been elected to the presidency one time. what do you guys think about this? could it happen?

Such a move would be viewed as hugely unpopular by most American. Democrats and Republicans would frown on it. Lets face it a person like Bush is no ones real choice for president. He finished 2nd in votes to someone like Gore and only managed 51% against someone like Kerry who got his 49% of votes for anyone but Bush. People don't trust him as it is. I don't think the Republicans would even offer to run him again. Rudy will likely be the man in 2008 and he'll most likely win.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think it's common knowledge that Bush isn't the real power in the White House. I mean honestly, even diehard neo-cons have to admit he really isn't up to task to run anything (look at his past failures). The real question is, will Cheney, Rove, and whoever else runs the USA, go with Bush again?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Bush can do anything he wants to do. Whether it's in the
Constitution or not. If he wants a third term, I'm sure that he
will get a third term.
He could suspend the Constitution and stay in office.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by elaine]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

He could suspend the Constitution and stay in office.

He could? Where does that idea come from? Where does this mythical power come from?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
That mythical power comes from within the walls of the White House. The constitution is used in the bathroom now...Cheaper than regular you know what.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join