It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland's Lucky Escape

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Why are you Scotish

Kingdom of Scotland

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

It depends if you think government in its present form is the problem or the solution. I see it as the problem...

purp..

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Maybe you should try getting over the Scotland thing. Why are you Scotish because some elite owned your familiy and the land they are on in the past.

Tell me disassociating your self from the rest of the UK is socically empowering you. Dont like Trident.. Neither do . Putting an imaginary line on an island and moving trident 200 miles south of it is really going to sort the problem out. Use you nouse..

No Scottish because I live in Scotland. That was one of the best things about the referendum. Outdated ideas about nationality no longer applied. A yes vote was the only real chance of constitutional reform we are likely to get. To use your trident example if a majority of Scots voted for/against nuclear deterent then that is what a Scots parliament would reflect. Under Westminster FTP you have no choice either way.
edit on 13-1-2015 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

Why are you Scotish

Kingdom of Scotland

I am aware that a bunch of elite twats cut the country up in the past. What are you trying to say..?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You didnt seem to know what made people Scottish, thought some history might help.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

. To use your trident example if a majority of Scots voted for/against nuclear deterent then that is what parlinent would reflect. Under Westminster FTP you have n choice either way.

See you are missing my point. I can understand that Trident is not wanted. I dont want it nor do the majoirty of the peeps of Scotland. Now tell me how voting the removal of Trident and having it removed south of an imaginary line is going to solve the problem. Trident is still there and if it all goes wrong we are going to know about it..

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Since I live in within comuting distance of Faslane would potentially make a hell of a difference to me.
More generally as asked before how can 4 million Scots voters overrule 40 million English ones? As long as a majority south of the border vote red or blue tory nuclear weapons will remain in Scotland regardless of the wishes of Scots voters.
To add I do agree that nuclear weapons are a international issue not a local one however that is one example out of hundreds of issues.

edit on 13-1-2015 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
People like Purp are what is wrong with the Western world today. No identity, no loyalties, no convictions. They stand for nothing, nothing real and true at least. Just willing puppets, eagerly embracing their own slavery. These are the same kind of folks who want to see nations "disappear", they want to see us all merge into an amorphous globalized mass with no real identity, all sharing one "culture" predetermined by the global elites. Pathetic.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
And at the same time, while we have Scots like 'Purp' who don't even consider themselves Scottish and latch on to a fake British/"citizen of the world" identity, nationalism among the English is rampant and growing by the day, with parties like UKIP gaining momentum at a startling pace.

So yeah, you happy Scots can go on living in your precious fantasy that you are "British". Just watch, very soon you are going to f*cked over worse than you have ever been in recent memory. All that this referendum has shown is that Scots are complacent and submissive, ready to lie down for anyone.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Connell

You are correct that I do not like nations. I have seen the use of partoristism as a wepon of mass control. But you are wrong to think I have no convictions. The difference between me and you is I think for myself and dont just jump on a band wagon when it comes around. If you think I am pro global elite feel free to. You could choose instead to do you homework and read some of my threads..

I guess however that would be too much effort on your part. Feel free to base your opinion of fiction instead of doing your homework..

purp..:-)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You are right I dont see myself as Scottish. If you want to see yourself as a member of a giant football team feel free to. I prefer to excercise the right of indivdualism over crowd mentalility.. Scottish..English.. North Korean I dont care what it is. Stop being a sheeple and start being a human..

purp.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

You are right I dont see myself as Scottish. If you want to see yourself as a member of a giant football team feel free to. I prefer to excercise the right of indivdualism over crowd mentalility.. Scottish..English.. North Korean I dont care what it is. Stop being a sheeple and start being a human..

purp.

What's funny is that you don't even realize what a pawn you are. Your views are not unique or novel, most people in the West eagerly espouse this hyper-individualism, this selfish optimism. Look where we are. Your way of thinking just facilitates their control over you in ways I doubt you could even understand.

We need more division, more instability, more volatility. Otherwise we are just going to keep grinding out an existence of indirect slavery, all these NSA spying leaks and everything, it's nothing compared to what's coming, all because of globalist zombies like you. You imagine a nationless utopia and what you get is slavery. You are such a f*cking drone and you don't even know it.....
edit on 13-1-2015 by Connell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I dont care if my views and new or novel. Heck well done you for taking part in a binary voting system. Really done a lot to bring the people of Scotland togeter now didnt it..? Almost 50/50 a nation divided is a nation divided..

No we dont need more division. We dont need more imaginary lines. We are one people. There is no them and us.. There is only us...

Think what you will though.. makes no difference to me.. They got you just where they want you..:-)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

It depends if you think government in its present form is the problem or the solution. I see it as the problem...

Excuse me for the interjection, I hope you Gentlemen don't mind.

The electoral and parliamentary procedures that produce and maintain the government and the system it represents are simply manifestations of the core issues that affect all of us on these islands.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

There is no humanity, it's a modern concept and a tool of control, masquerading as a "progressive" ideal. What a fool you are, there's just no point arguing with someone who is already too far gone.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ah, maybe I said it wrong. There is humanity, just not in the way that it's commonly understood. I may drop in to elaborate on that later, have no time right now though.
edit on 13-1-2015 by Connell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Connel,meboy,
You're absolutely right, we are going to be f*cked over, big time, because there's nothing to stop them. The Scots were terrified into voting No by propaganda, fear, and lies, yet the No vote only won by a small margin. It was hardly a victory for democracy.
The tactics of David Cameron and his buddies in the Labour party made the KGB look like angels by comparison.
We'll never forget the THREE LIARS faces on the front pages of all the "Scottish" newspapers making a "pledge" that they had no authority nor ability nor intention to carry out.
Nor will we forget the threat to zero value all Scottish banknotes. (After the vote the Bank of England instructed some European banks not to accept Scottish banknotes, just to make sure we don't get up to anything).
Its sickening, Hitler would be proud of them. If I was English I'd be ashamed. As a Scot and a European I'm disgusted.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyinghaggis

If I was English I'd be ashamed.

I am English.....and far from being ashamed - why should I, what did I do to be ashamed?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyinghaggis
Nor will we forget the threat to zero value all Scottish banknotes. (After the vote the Bank of England instructed some European banks not to accept Scottish banknotes, just to make sure we don't get up to anything).

Is this one of these evolving urban myths, or do you have a factual source for this statement? You see, Scottish banknotes have never really been accepted outside of the UK as they are not legal tender. It is true to say that they have zero value outside of the UK. A little bit of research would show that to be the case.

On the OP. Had the Scottish voted for independence, I would imagine the Scottish Government would be purposefully slowing down the process so as not to become independent when oil was so low. Much back-peddling, with the English to blame, as usual.

Regards
edit on 14/1/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
double post
edit on 14/1/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join