It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland's Lucky Escape

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

There would be know proportional sharing out of the oil wealth.. Wtf you think you are going to put it back in public hands..no pay the share holders..business as usual..

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
They tax the oil industry you know. How that tax is distributed and spent is the issue. Not who owns the oil companies.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
They tax the oil industry you know. How that tax is distributed and spent is the issue. Not who owns the oil companies.

Do you ever feel like giving some people a good slap..

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Ofc it is the issue. See what you proposing is carry on as normal. The U.K. has the biggest wealth disparity in the western world. Share out the bread crumbs and leave the cake in private hands. Now you can see why you never got my vote.....

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

is that really your level of debate skills....

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Ofc it is the issue. See what you proposing is carry on as normal. The U.K. has the biggest wealth disparity in the western world. Share out the bread crumbs and leave the cake in private hands. Now you can see why you never got my vote.....

No, What YOU voted for was the Status Quo, for everything to remain as "Normal"...... WE, The 45 chose to change things. YOU on the other hand @@@@ it and chose " The biggest wealth disparity in the western world. YOU Chose to Share out the bread crumbs and leave the cake in private hands. not us.
edit on 12-1-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

is that really your level of debate skills....

My debating skills??? You are hardly making sense in this thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Lucky Escape?

We'd be EXACTLY where we are just now.

The referendum was a vote to express our INTENTION to declare Independence. (Some 18 months later?)

Actual Independence would NOT have been declared yet, so we'd be in the same position as we are now.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So many English shills on this website. The OP claims to be Scottish but referred to Scotland in the second-person, calling it "your economy". And then he openly admitted to trolling and creating this thread "for a laugh". Then another guy claiming to be Scottish comes in on page six and makes the same mistake.

There were many in Ireland who were hoping you guys would have the balls to do it, I was there and talked with plenty of people. But you let us down, in part due to spineless shills like the ones infesting this thread. Sad day. Not enough Scots in Scotland.....
edit on 12-1-2015 by Connell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
So you basically wouldn't vote for any change that wasn't the exact change you wanted? Good luck with your campaign to become supreme ruler of the universe.
By voting no you gave your approval to carry on as before with all the inequality that entails.

edit on 13-1-2015 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

What makes you think your would make anything different to all the other governments in the western world. If you want to kill an enemy you need to first know it.. All you are doing is exacerbating a problem. I know you want change thats something I can understand and I do feel for the 45%. But use your nouse dont just jump on a bandwagon unless you want to give your consent to a failed system..

purp..

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

No son.. By voting you have removed your right to complain about the present political paradigm. You are giving it your consen. You really think there is demcoracy in the UK. Go learn some and do some reading. You think that voting will make any real change if it did it would be illegal. If you find it empowering to go and tick a box... go ahead im not going to stop you.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
No one claimed that voting yes would fix all the problems in the western world. Scots voters cant do anything about democratic accountability anywhere else but Scotland. However a no vote was a vote for the status quo and however much you might protest your dislike for the system you voted for it.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Connell

If you are talking about me feel free to ask. Dont make assumption.. I live in Scotland I do not see myself as Scotish. I live in the Western Isles and we too have our own identity...

purp...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

thank you for your reply..
We need real change and we need it now. The same change that is needed in England, Cornwell and Wales too... We are one island and one people. Lets not set up more puppet governments. Peeps need to be pissed we need that now..

purp..

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Personally I grew out of the voting doesn't change anything angst around age 14. Not voting just says go ahead and continue to shaft me. However feel free to continue to believe your indifference/cowardice is a better way to make a difference.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18875609]purplemer[/post
The one island one people chat sounds a bit ethnicity based for me. If you can explain how 4 million Scots voters can change things for 40 million English ones I will start to listen.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Are you for real you think you have democracy in the UK. I remember going on one of the biggest protests the UK has ever seen. The antiwar protest against the war in Iraq. The people of the UK where against the war. Show me the democracy there....!

I find better ways to express my political intent through actions of civil disbodiance and direct action. That is demoracy not going to a ballot box and ticking a box..

Good luck if it does it for you though..

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Maybe you should try getting over the Scotland thing. Why are you Scotish because some elite owned your familiy and the land they are on in the past.

Tell me disassociating your self from the rest of the UK is socically empowering you. Dont like Trident.. Neither do . Putting an imaginary line on an island and moving trident 200 miles south of it is really going to sort the problem out. Use you nouse..

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18875641]purplemer[/post
We live in a far from a perfect democracy in the UK, a vote yes would have been a important step in making it a little bit more Democratic. The Iraq war protests are a perfect example, mass protest against, yet the government was comfortably reelected afterwards under the Westminster system. Whatever way you cut it by voting no or not voting you have supported the continuation of that system.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join