It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial DNA Startup Wants To Let Customers Create Creatures

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LionOfGOD
Being ripped apart by a chipmunk/gorilla would be a hell of a way to go though!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
Oh come on spoiled sports, we've been doing this for years. How many different types of dogs are there in the world? How many were there before man? Same with thousands of different plants and animals we changed to fit our desires. Instead of waiting for many generations for our creations to breed over and over again, he's trying to do it quicker and in one generation.

:

This in no way compares with breeding dogs. Mixing genes from different species and creating chimeras is a little more worrisome than selective breeding.

As far as crop splicing, I am sure you can trust Monsanto to keep our best interest at heart, whats a little herbicide and insecticide genetically spliced in to our food going to hurt people?

You see no down side to this?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Mixing genes from different species and creating chimeras is a little more worrisome than selective breeding.

But why? We already do a lot of this stuff — glowing rabbits and what not. What's the difference?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'll take one adamantium-plated bearmadillo, in silver and red.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: solarjetman

This would be awesome.

I wish we had apps that we could download to augment human DNA, too.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: solarjetman

Ooooo I want a dragon!
XD

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

As far as crop splicing, I am sure you can trust Monsanto to keep our best interest at heart, whats a little herbicide and insecticide genetically spliced in to our food going to hurt people?

You see no down side to this?

No.

Our bodies will evolve and adjust.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
OMG if you didn't believe we were in the end times before this here is ur sign
this is more scary than the possibility of AI gone mad!!!

On a less serious note an eagle/leopard gecko talk about one bad arse raptor imagine a flock of these guarding your home. I think the neighbor kids would think twice about cutting through your yard after one or two of there friends were ripped apart an ate and you won the law suite. the parents filed against you cause the kids were on your private property

i would like to see some of these ideas people have drawn digitally and photo's posted to see the new evil incarnate possibility not actually made but rendered, I think that would be enough to scare the poo outta people so they might think twice about this insanity.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

There are down sides to everything, the fact is humanity moves forward. Tell me one technology we didn't pursue because we were too scared. It wont' happen, either we do it, or someone else will. If it's possible, it's going to happen, but I don't think the world is going to end because someone wants a giant chicken...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is awesome progress!!

One day after generations of designed humans, everyone will be perfect!

No more obesity or balding!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Cool. I want an Anne Hathaway mixed with a long-necked female swan, some kind of beautiful butterfly, and a cuttlefish.
edit on 6-1-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
a reply to: LionOfGOD
Being ripped apart by a chipmunk/gorilla would be a hell of a way to go though!

I think they're called Grizzly Bears.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Regardless of the "shoulds" in tis thread....

I for one would never, ever allow myself to partake in something along these lines. I love kittens, and have frequently joked "Wow, let's engineer a cat that never becomes a cat!"...

Joked.

It's just not in me to take such a flippant approach to the life, welfair, and happiness of a being not yet created.

Not going to throw labels or damn anyone here. But, for me? It' s a no go.

-NF

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

Um, *sure*....

Evolve and adjust.

Almost has a night time fairy book tale sound to it, doesn't it?

Here's a thought though...does "evolve and adjust" always mean something that the average person would want out of life?

Not trying to attack the person I am replying to, just throwing a different angle of it out there for thought.

-NF

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Like Claudia?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
manbearpig! where's Al?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
edit on 6-1-2015 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So when can I order my miniature hippopotamus/rabbit hybrid? I want a tiny little floppy-eared hippopotamus. I'd give him/her a little a water dish to play in, and all the baby carrot that adorable little bastard can eat!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have ALWAYS wanted my very own Battle Giraffe....

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
I'm looking forward to finally getting my little pocket sized elephant who can walk around on my computer desk while I work

He'll eat three peanuts a day

I want one!!!! My hubbie is always accusing me of wanting every animal under the sun, including a baby elephant! This way he can't complain!

joking of course. My cats would be unhappy.

Oh, and regarding a 3 storey chicken... I raise them and they are without a doubt omnivores. We'd be like tiny crickets running fruitlessly for our lives. Also, has anyone seen Chicken Football? One chicken will have a juicy bit of cricket and run with it, while the others try to take it away. Horrifying!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join