It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon, Ohio, will change its name for College Football Playoff title game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Oregon, Ohio will officially change it's name to Oregon, Ohio: : Buckeyes on the Bay, City of Duck Hunters for the college football national championship games.

Don't be surprised if you see a statement from PETA condemning the name "Duck Hunters" in the strongest terms, and demanding the change the name back.

Source[ed itby]edit on 6-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Please explain the significance of this?

Being a simple British chap, I have no idea what could possibly make this news worthy!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Being a simple British chap, I have no idea what could possibly make this news worthy!

The significance of this is that Jamie dude is offended.

Again.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

The U.S. college football championship game is between the Oregon Ducks, and Ohio St. Buckeyes. There's a city in Ohio named Oregon. Just for fun, they changed the name of the city to Oregon, Ohio: Buckeyes On The Bay, City of Duck Hunters for the game.

It's just a light-hearted news story for fun. I guess news worthy is relative. 100 years from now not sure any of these news stories are going to matter!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: th2356

The significance of this is that Jamie dude is offended.

Again.

Why are my posts so important to you that you have to troll me on a thread about a college football game?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Ah! I see! A massive bit of pre game banter and gamesmanship!

I understand perfectly! Thank you!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Pardon me if I sound ignorant, but is a 'Buckeye' what we call 'black-eyed peas' in the South?
I've also heard them called 'buckeyes.'
And screw PETA. I can make up some smoked duck gumbo that will change the attitude of any vegan.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Ah! I see! A massive bit of pre game banter and gamesmanship!

I understand perfectly! Thank you!

You're welcome! Should be fun to watch instead of all the serious stuff.....

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Indeed so. I hope all the people who watch the game have an entertaining time! If the events leading up to the game are anything to go by, it ought to be an interesting game at any rate!

Personally speaking, American Football does not do much for me, as I prefer to watch a pub and club league cricket match, or play a frame or two of pool, however I can understand the fun that folk get out of big sporting events!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Politicians should have much more important things to do than something so trivial.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Politicians should have much more important things to do than something so trivial.

I'd prefer politicians stick to the trivial rather than important matters.
The world might be a better place.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: Blueracer

I'd prefer politicians stick to the trivial rather than important matters.
The world might be a better place.

I prefer that they do nothing at all other than repeal some of the stupid laws already on the books. They don't need to add more.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Buckeye is actually also referred too as Horse Chestnut. As an herbal medicine it is ground, decocted and used to treat vericose veins. Its is considered mildly psychotropic and mildly toxic.

Its a nut that grows in a nice spikey green ball of a shell...similar to its tasty roasted cousin the chestnut. Ohi grows rich with the Buckeye tree some of its growing companions are Birch, twin leaf, goldenseal and ginseng.

We also create a local confection made to look like the shelled buckeye basically roll up a ball of sugared peanut butter stick a toothpick in it, dip it in molten chocolate leaving a small circle of peanut butter exposed so that once dry it looks like a pretty spot on representation of a Buckeye post shelling, only much much tastier.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Go Bucks!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

A good gimic by the town, but yeah, I'm sure not everyone in the city is cool with 'Duck Hunters' as part of their official-name-for-the-playoffs.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

A good gimic by the town, but yeah, I'm sure not everyone in the city is cool with 'Duck Hunters' as part of their official-name-for-the-playoffs.

Yeah, the people who aren't cool with it will somehow have to get over it though. Or they can protest I guess. Reminds me of this meme, not that your post offended me lol

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Yes, but who speaks for the ducks? I know. A duck call.

I hope Ohio State wins, the quarterback makes for a good Cinderella story.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

No im in ohio and they are not plack eyed peas.
They are big ,,,, a little smaller than a golf ball and almost black with a light rond spot in the middle .
Hense buckeyes.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Im your typical guy guy and im in ohio 35 married two kids.
I just wanna say... I hate sports I cant belive all the time and money and wasted thoughts and energy is wasted on this junk.
Who the hell cares how fast this person can run and jump and blah blah blah .
To me its the same as in rome with the games and gladiators anything to keepthe people unaware that they are getting raped
and the system is falling apart.
I mean grown men can tell me all the players names their personal lives ect... but cant tell me one person in the white house .
Except Obama .
So as for me in Cincinnati ohio i say for all of us here who dont watch sports who cares ?

new topics

top topics

active topics

join