It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of the Red-Haired North American Giants?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Was reading your post and froze on postaxial polydactyly. I have a friend in Ca I've known for many years. She is half white (unknown origin but will ask) and half Cherokee. Shes 6ft tall with light red hair and average skin tone. To the point, she exhibits postaxial polydactyly. But only on her right side. She is LITERALLY divided right down the middle! Her right hand has an extra functional pinky and her middle finger is slightly elongated. When her hand is flat the middle finger extends over an inch past the rest. The same goes for right foot; extra pinky toe and elongated middle toe. She also has a second nipple on her right breast. Shes very attractive and secure with herself and as kids was ok with us marveling at her uniqueness(except for her nipples of course lol). Her left side is very average or "normal" you might say. Neither of her parents exhibit these traits including the red hair. After reading your post, I couldn't help but to wonder if possibly this is more than just a genetic anomoly and not a gene passed to her by her Cherokee father. She is very versed in her Native American ancestry. Ill have to give her a call and ask if she knows anything about the red haired giants.

Oh yeah, she has only one row of teeth btw, but her right incisor is a little pronounced.
Anyone else witness a genetic treasure such as this?
S&F for you!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TopCat1

You might find this interesting: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1
Wow thanks! And very interesting. I live in Pahrump, Nv right in the middle of early Paiute territory and know there were no Cherokee here with exception to the southpoint rodeo in las vegas lol. Very interested in how many North American tribes share this legend. Ill have to ask one of the local elders for more info.
On a side note, I also wonder if these giants could be related to the giant skeletons the Smithsonian has admitted to destroying evidence of. More coffee and research for me!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TopCat1

I think you will find this interesting too. Scroll down to the first picture and notice the hands on the Native on the left. Look how long his middle finger is?? Interesting clips too.
bigfootevidence.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1
another *4U! That pic clearly shows the traits of that elongation I was describing. And a terrific story to boot
Am gonna check and see if there are other references to this among other tribes. So far the legend of the giants seems to be most prevalent among the Paiute, though the stories of sasquatch stretch across almost all the tribes.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It appears the red haired giants story is across the board. Cherokees even laying claim to killing off the white Indian. Would definitely explain her traits with exception to the polydactyly. Very cool.

edit on 6-1-2015 by TopCat1 because: typo

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This may explain the the PaP... "Polydactyly has an incidence in the American Indian twice that of Caucasians. A minimum estimate of this incidence is 2.40 per 1,000 live births. Preaxial type 1 has an incidence three to four times that reported for Caucasians or Negroes. The overall sex ratio in Indians is distorted with more males affected than females. The preaxial type 1 anomaly has a strong predilection for the hands and always is unilateral in contrast to postaxial type B where more than one-half are bilateral. The evidence to date, consisting of varying incidences of specific types of polydactyly among American whites, Negroes, and Indians in varying enviroments, suggests different gene-frequencies for polydactyly in each population. The incidence in Indians with 50% Caucasian admixture suggests that the factors controlling polydactyly are in large part genetically determined.
"
But I'd still like to believe it had an origin due to the frequency and similarity among the occurances. GIANTS!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Q

It would be interesting to see where these legends take place, eastern, central or west America's?

First thing that popped into my head was vikings. Larger more robust peoples, and at the time surely would have been 'giants' to the natives at the time.
If most of the legends come from eartern side of Canada, and the U.S, along rivers and such it could be a good start.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Considering the nagging reluctance of mainstream archaeologists, and other so-called experts to even consider renditions to their iron-clad suppositions and conclusions of what's what... The truth about Earth's and humanity's actual history may be hard to come by. I've little doubt that so much of academic history is rife with omissions and designed "facts", that the truth may be completely unrecognizable-- and utterly fantastic to boot. It's extremely frustrating to feel in your bones that there's so much more incredible knowledge to be had, if only the entities who harbor, hoard and guard that information from the rest of us, would share it.

But then we'd have to know why they've kept it secret to begin with. And with that disclosure, there may be so much anger over being left out of so much, heads might swing. I've learned so much in my lifetime, and so much in just the last couple of decades. Things that are difficult to fathom, but true and actual none the less. I hunger for more, because I 'feel' there is so, so much more. And I want to know.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: be4ne1
Considering the nagging reluctance of mainstream archaeologists, and other so-called experts to even consider renditions to their iron-clad suppositions and conclusions of what's what...

Never mind the fact that the whole concept of the peopling of the Americas has been turned on its head over the last couple of decades, and in a very public manner. You are talking nonsense.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Considering the nagging reluctance of mainstream archaeologists, and other so-called experts to even consider renditions to their iron-clad suppositions and conclusions of what's what...

Never mind the fact that the whole concept of the peopling of the Americas has been turned on its head over the last couple of decades, and in a very public manner. You are talking nonsense.

"Nonsense?" Well, you've got me there. I have no idea what you're going on about. And considering your rather curt description of what I wrote, without any discernible explanation for your rudeness.... I probably don't want to know what you're going on about. There are far too many people here, such as yourself, who think they're somewhat superior and this gives you the go-ahead to demean anyone of your choosing, rather than counter their ideas with some of your own, on an adult level.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

"Nonsense?" Well, you've got me there. I have no idea what you're going on about. And considering your rather curt description of what I wrote, without any discernible explanation for your rudeness.... I probably don't want to know what you're going on about. There are far too many people here, such as yourself, who think they're somewhat superior and this gives you the go-ahead to demean anyone of your choosing, rather than counter their ideas with some of your own, on an adult level.
I am directly addressing your words as quoted above, and I gave a pretty ironclad example of just why they are nonsense. Really, what's unclear? Mainstream archaeologists, as you call them...and I assume that you mean educated and real archaeologists...work within scientific methodology. If a paradigm shift is called for, if new evidence is introduced, and it is sound, then the knowledge base is adjusted accordingly. That process is consistently demonstrated, should you choose to look.

As to me thinking that I'm 'somewhat superior'...well, you're the one making blanket accusations against archaeology as a whole, without demonstrating much of a knowledge about it. It's more than just reading a post on the internet, and if you're interested, I'll try to steer you towards getting your hands dirty. No offence meant eh?
edit on 9-1-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
There are also Egyptian mummies found buried with tobacco and coca..

Simply put, the above is just not true.

Harte

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i believe the people in northern Nevada before the northern Paiute bands were the last of the Clovis people.

The Great Basin is mainly high altitude desert, but during the Pleistocene it was quite different. Lake Lahontan covered a large part of the northern Great Basin. At its peak around 12,700 years ago, the lake had a surface area of 8,500 square miles and was 900 feet deep at present-day Lake Pyramid and 500 feet at the Black Rock Desert. Lake Lahontan, during the early Ice Age, was one of the largest lakes in North America. Around 12,800 years ago a bitterly cold period known as the Younger Dryas occurred, and as it ended around 11,500 years ago the climate warmed considerably. This climate change around the end of the Pleistocene led to a gradual desiccation of the great bodies of water, and Lake Lahontan broke up into a series of smaller lakes and marshes by 9,000 years ago. Early man hunted large game such as mammoth and mastodon, camel, and horse at the end of the Pleistocene, but subsisted also on smaller game such as hare, sage grouse, and waterfowl, and also gathered plants and seeds. More than anywhere else on the continent, the most important subsistence patterns were tied to foraging around available water sources: lakes, springs, rivers, and most importantly, marshes around the edges of these great lakes.

www.arrowheads.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED
The main problem with that idea is that the ancestors of the piute had been in the area for several thousand years before the Clovis show up.
Also one thing to remember is that , "giants " in NA lore are an amalgamation of different tales.
In California, the giants are variously either an anthropomorphic character, the giant that has a house and kidnaps and eats Indians, or an anthropomorphic monsters that lives in the forest(bigfoot) or in the case of the southern yokuts the giant is an eagle, that carries Indians through a hole in the sky.
For the most part among the eastern cal an Nevada Indians the giant is a "man" that kills and eats Indians and takes Indian women as wives to breed with.
The southern miwok also have a tale of a great chief that gathers the local tribes together to go north to fight, near the snake river, but the way is blocked by a wall of ice.
In another tale it is mentioned that

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join