It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Tax Dollars Spent On War Since 9/11 = $250K A Minute

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
And just how much have we spent 'fightng' the US longest war in Ameircan history ?

Th 'war' on poverty.

22 trillion dollars. Current federal spending is over 2.2 trillion dollars PER YEAR.

Horrah for selective outrage.

We can blame the Crony Capitalist Military Industrial Complex and we can blame the Crony Capitalists Corporations that want to keep the doors wide open for cheap labor.

Done and Done.

It is not Juan from Mehico or Joe Six Pack lobbying to bring Amnesty to Illegal Immigrants.

Top Corporate Executives Descend On Washington To Lobby For Amnesty… - See more at: www.teaparty.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Think about it guys.... its worth the investment! We should spend more money on war! Lets invade the Russia and really get the economy going! Hell would borrow so much money from having to save the world from Russia that we could be in debt until the next millennia!

This is an extravaganza people!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

And just how much have we spent 'fightng' the US longest war in Ameircan history ?

Th 'war' on poverty.

22 trillion dollars. Current federal spending is over 2.2 trillion dollars PER YEAR.

Horrah for selective outrage.

HORRAH FOR THE GD WELFARE INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX.

I wish to GOD people would stop misquoting Eisenhower.

www.washingtontimes.com...

This year marks the 50th anniversary of President Lyndon Johnson’s launch of the War on Poverty. In January 1964, Johnson declared “unconditional war on poverty in America.” Since then, the taxpayers have spent $22 trillion on Johnson’s war. Adjusted for inflation, that’s three times the cost of all military wars since the American Revolution.

Whats your point?

War on poverty is a seperate issue.

What are you saying?

Afganistan,libya and Iraq have been good value for money?

Because more has been spent on a corrupt wellfrare system you should ignore the foriegn wars?

What is it?

As it seems you just used this thread to post off topic about your own pet pev.

I doubt I will get a straight awnser from you.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Another aspect of the United States Government that is absolutely ridiculous and a bit enraging. I knew this number was high but this puts a different perspective on it. Our tax dollars being spend on violence, hatred, and fear.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm a pacifist.
I don't want my hard earned tax dollars go to useless wars

I wonder if that is covered in the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
9/11 may not have been an inside job, but you never let a good tragedy go to waste.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Even BOTHER READING the GD article?

Adjusted for inflation, that’s three times the cost of all military wars since the American Revolution.

'
I thought we were discussing blowing money, and not have anything to show for it.

Other than the FACT those wars is what pays for those programs.

But what I want to know what GD difference does it make to someone who doesn't even live in this country?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
And then I want to know why people cherry pick Eisenhowers speech.

Throughout America's adventure in free government, our basic purposes have been to keep the peace; to foster progress in human achievement, and to enhance liberty, dignity and integrity among people and among nations. To strive for less would be unworthy of a free and religious people. Any failure traceable to arrogance, or our lack of comprehension or readiness to sacrifice would inflict upon us grievous hurt both at home and abroad.

That bible thumper!

Progress toward these noble goals is persistently threatened by the conflict now engulfing the world. It commands our whole attention, absorbs our very beings. We face a hostile ideology -- global in scope, atheistic in character, ruthless in purpose, and insidious in method. Unhappily the danger is poses promises to be of indefinite duration. To meet it successfully, there is called for, not so much the emotional and transitory sacrifices of crisis, but rather those which enable us to carry forward steadily, surely, and without complaint the burdens of a prolonged and complex struggle -- with liberty the stake. Only thus shall we remain, despite every provocation, on our charted course toward permanent peace and human betterment.

That GD NEOCON Eisenhower!!!

A vital element in keeping the peace is our military establishment. Our arms must be mighty, ready for instant action, so that no potential aggressor may be tempted to risk his own destruction.

That means WHAT ?

Oh yeah carrying the BIGGEST GD stick on the globe, and that sure the EFF isn't accomplished paying walmart prices for defense.

coursesa.matrix.msu.edu...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Shocker to see you on this side of the argument.

So tell us, you support all of these wars, conflicts, etc? You support money being spent this way with no signs of slowing? At this rate just imagine how much we'll be spending in the future. Maybe even more on war than poverty?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I support going after the heads of the snakes over there.

Saudi Arabia. and Iran.

The Sunni, and Shia from where ALL that bull snip comes from.

Banning their oil.

Sanctions on both.

And if need be regime change.

Watch how fast they clean their houses up.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And you think we've been making progress fighting in the Middle East?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Even BOTHER READING the GD article?

Adjusted for inflation, that’s three times the cost of all military wars since the American Revolution.

'
I thought we were discussing blowing money, and not have anything to show for it.

Other than the FACT those wars is what pays for those programs.

But what I want to know what GD difference does it make to someone who doesn't even live in this country?

Because my country is involved in those wars too...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Presently spent over 1.6 trillion.

Really? That's it? Wow that's like a drop in the bucket considering what we "owe" to unfunded liabilities (read "welfare programs"). We are currently in the red due to ULs to the tune of -$130 trillion. And here is the kicker, national defense is an enumerated power of the Federal government in the Constitution, welfare is NOT.

edit on 7-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

useless wars

Who said they were useless? We helped a crapload of Muslims get the opportunity to meet allah in Iraq and Afghanistan. That's a beautiful thing.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Do you have a link to the thread with the Bin Laden quotations? I would love to read into that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join