It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors disrupt 100 year old Navy vet during award ceremony

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

Did your name come up as being quoted? Don't get a complex on me now. We agree, the protesters are useless piles of #. If they even had anything true to say, I wouldn't listen to them because people have died because of it. The time to shut up is now. Go back into the holes you came out of and leave society alone before more people get hurt. Who knows they might be next.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Sorry, I don't have a degree in English Literature. I'm also upset about the daily problems this country is facing for no good reason. I might get a little rambunctious while I type but you know exactly how I feel about the situation. I was never one for pulling my punches. If people have to read between the lines, I'll be no better than the protesters.
edit on 6-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: Typo fix to progress the thread without being called out on it.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Sorry, I don't have a degree in English Literature. I'm also upset about the daily problems this country to facing for no good reason. I might get a little rambunctious while I type but you know exactly how I feel about the situation. I was never one for pulling my punches. If people have to read between the lines, I'll be no better than the protesters.

Don't apologize and one does't need a degree in the English language to debate or question. I was clarifying. The written word is much more clear than the spoken, so I ask. I am assuming we are coming from the same angle on this, just from different points. You present your questions clearly except your prolific use of inclusion, that isn't always clear. All, we, you, etc, denote such even if they aren't directed as such.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

It's a third world perspective.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I'm joining the NY National Guard. Might as well be proactive.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Domo1

If only he had replied to the protesters by stating pants up don't loot.

Man, I'd give you a hundred stars for that one if I could, and if I could ony stop laughing. Sad that I laugh so hard, but it rings sooooo true....

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Domo. Unfortunately it is all too commonplace any more. It's really very frustrating when one or more ethnicity of Homo Sapiens feel they are not responsible for their action. Add to that the chant "What do we want?" "Dead Cops!" "When do we..." well, y'all know the rest. Then, after acting this way, and this is the funny/sad part, they don't understand why the civilized portion of society holds them in such low esteem. Go figure, I guess....

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I'm all for protesting.

Apparently your only for protest that are government sanctioned and protest that dont inconvenience anyone in anyway.

Im making this assumption based on your posting history that ive read in similar threads.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If i was in that crowd I would of been bitchslapping people. These protesters are not doing themselves any kind of service.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I'm all for protesting.

Apparently your only for protest that are government sanctioned and protest that dont inconvenience anyone in anyway.

Im making this assumption.

You know what happens when you assume, right?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
If i was in that crowd I would of been bitchslapping people. These protesters are not doing themselves any kind of service.

I can't wait till these idiot protesters walk into the wrong room.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone
Im not against protest but there is a time and place for it..these people crawled out of a gutter.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
What if he would have pulled out a gun and shot them all. I mean he's 100 years old, what's his life sentence going to be?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I'm all for protesting.

Im making this assumption based on your posting history that ive read in similar threads.

Didn't the liberals and universities set this precedent by creating their "free speech zones?"

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Not only is the man a centenarian, but a WW2 vet. There are so few of them left, members of "the greatest generation to have ever lived". The amount of disrespect shown by these protesters is appalling. Whether the cause is just or not, the protest was certainly "wrong place, wrong time". It seems more and more respect and reverence for things that were once held dear, such as our elders and veterans, is waning in the minds of our youth.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yeah, that's not accurate. I'm for protests that aren't unreasonable and maintain a certain level of decorum. Not for protests that block freeways, block buildings where people work, or interrupt 100 year old war heroes while they are being honored.

You've done a bad job, and failed to add anything to the conversation.

Let's get you on track. Do you think that protesting in this manner is actually productive? Do you think that it is going to garner the protestors any support? Do you think that maybe when protesting people should pick certain venues, and interruptions should be less insulting and less detrimental to people who have jobs they have to be at on time? Do you think interrupting and insulting a man that's lived for 100 years, a man that fought for your right to protest, and a man that only asked for respect deserves this treatment?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Was he holding a kitten at the time, because that would make me sad.......seriously there are millions like him in fields all over europe, get pissed at the right things.

<< 1   >>

join