It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If shared dreams exist, what are the implications.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I had an OOBE last night. Which got me thinking that if the shared dream can be a fact of human consciousness. Then that proves that the environment that it occurred in has a far less chance of being a personal dreamscape. The environment seems to be outside linear time,and when lucid, its where you can think your way around. So the speed of light, time, and distance all have a different conclusion, from this side of consciousness. Like most constructions of reality the realness is one of subjective interpretation. So only anecdotal evidence, or personal experience will suffice. www.dreamviews.com...

After what seemed to be a chaotic dream, I awoke on a bed in an unlit room, I was scared as it wasn't my bedroom, I got up and opened a door, which opened up onto a plush bar , I walked over to the barman, and said "This is a wowser of an OOBE". I looked around and felt the bar top and took in the general real time, subdued ambience of the place." The man smiled and served another guy a drink, which he took over to what I presumed was his date at another table. He said "You've been out for eighteen hours straight" "Has it been that long,? how much do I owe you then? I replied" ..He said not to bother with money as I'd been no trouble. The Barmaid looked up, and said, "You have to book OOBES in advance", and something to the effect its your life and you chose it." That's about it, except, my shoes were under the Bar, so I grabbed them and came back to this world.It appeared that I had emerged from a dream into a lucid state , so I must have done a double sleep, like a false awakening.

So how plausible is it, that the human condition is in reality a bi polar state, where since the one half, the " dream state," having nothing to do with this so called "Waking state" is poorly remembered, and is never taken into the equation. Because generally its survival value in the awake state being minimal, but becomes more relevant after you become aware that it might not just be an artefact of consciousness, but possibly the primary one. If people actually do meet up in the Dream /OOBE, states, then each states defining factor, only depends upon the state of consciousness, which randomly generates one of the many states. Until some form of lucidity is reached. Then the user has control.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I used to believe in shared dreams.

Now I realise it was romantic fantasy.

We may share a universal 'energy' that connects us at a subconscious level, and we can pick up on the quirks and subtle differences in it, giving that common sense of something.

not not dreams... our brains make the dream... I guess if we all have a sense of dread or joy, our dreams will reflect it.

but I no longer submit to the concept of being able to share dreams with another human being, in the sense we enter into the same realm.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This is one of many sites about people exploring the idea of shared dreams.

dreamstudies.org...

sn0rch, what changed your mind? Being skeptical is fine, but don't rule out possibilities entirely.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have had shared dreams before. In my experience they are never exactly the same though. Its like the theme of the dream is the same, but the setting is different. The colors and buildings and people might be different but the activities and themes are similar.

For instance, my roommate and i will have a dream about being in war together, we both realize its a dream and fly around, steal a boat plane, crash land it and wake up.

We mentioned it to each other and described being in war, being lucid and flying, and stealing the boat plane. However the setting will be different, like i'll be in the city and he will be in the trenches or something like that.

I've only been able to to this twice. I think it helps with him, because we have known each other for ever, he is really good at lucid dreaming and I am really good at astral projection. We both have to be in sync which is hard to do though.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Being in synch, with the same state of consciousness, must be the clincher in this deal. I guess its a learned thing, where you filter out the randomness and once lucid you have some degree of control. Its a very interesting concept, because it sort of seems to add up. If the human body, is a tool to lock consciousness in this plane, but its primarily composed of recycled parts. Then it might be animated from a place outside the physical world, where the speed of light is substituted by the speed of thought. Thought and consciousness give it purpose.

Another thing which seems interesting is the amount of detail in a dreamscape, to consciously navigate, a full blown scene, with people and buildings, makes me think the scene generation is also beyond the dreamers capability to not only generate it, but also to consciously navigate it at the same time, One could conclude the dreamscape, has little to do with the dreamer, until lucidity is managed.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
In my opinion, shared dreams are further proof of telepathy.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Yes interesting thought. I have had the same thought. All matter in our dream scape and our physical reality is created from consciousness which creates probable realities (outside of time) which our consciousness then chooses which reality to jump to, billions of times a second.

The dreamscape being a lighter reality which is more malleable through our thoughts. While the physical reality is still created through our thoughts just at a much slower pace because of the density of this reality.

Which makes me think, does physical reality change subtly from person to person? And we just don't realize it? Maybe one person see's black where another see's red. Or one person see's it sunny outside and the other see's cloudy?

Supposedly everything we see is a spiritual symbol our consciousness has created to make sense of this reality...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saurus
In my opinion, shared dreams are further proof of telepathy.

Or proximity in a shared environment?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I'm sure their is a lot in what your saying. The aspect with regards to the mind/body arrangement is I find interesting is that of the seemingly non existence of linear time in the mind aspect of it. That's to say that theirs a distinct difference between the physical aging process , which is wear and tear etc. But the mind part of the personality seems to exist in , not so much an ageless state but an experience modified one. The simple "memory scape" generated from this side in linear time , compared to a "Dreamscape", generated outside of linear time seems to have a great deal more substance.

The fact that the "Dreamscape" state exists at all. As an environment which can be considered as all encompassing and as real at the time, as normal waking life. Must suggest that it is more than an artefact of consciousness . Going further it might be the prime state where consciousness exists, and where this reality gets the energy to manifest. If you don't return there, regularly holding this waking reality together becomes increasingly impossible, for the individual. To an observer it would seem the individual is cracking up, but to the subject, he/she would see waking reality as a chaotic dream ,where the states seem to have been reversed . Which tends to back up your suggestion, of personal reality generation.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Interesting, I have never heard of shared dreams until this thread, but my older brother and I shared on when we were young. I would have been about 15 and he about 18. About 20 years ago.

My dream was about him and I getting lost while driving around. We happen upon a house and knock on the door for help. I ask to use the phone to call home. I remember the layout of the house, the exterior as well. I also remember walking into the kitchen and seeing blood all over the walls. We knew we were in the house of a witch. She came down the stairs to a landing and down the rest of the stairs to the main floor, and I wake up.

About a year later, my brother says to me, "listen to the dream I had last night" and he goes on to explain how he, my dad, and my grandfather go to a house to kill a witch. He didn't know how they knew she was a witch, but when he said that my blood ran cold. I told him to stop and I explained the layout of the house and he was shocked when I explained it in detail. All we could figure was that we got out safe in my dream, and in his dream they went back to finish her.

It scared us something crazy at the time, but I have since learned to appreciate that it happened.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Shared dream hint much about our shared reality. Dont you think?

Why wouldn't it be more common? We seem to have many shared totems and representations appear in our own dreams but everyones had the same types of dreams before.

A truly shared dream however.. Is probably more real than our shared reality considering the common elements in all 3 experiences.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Huggiesunrise
Shared dream hint much about our shared reality. Dont you think?

Why wouldn't it be more common? We seem to have many shared totems and representations appear in our own dreams but everyones had the same types of dreams before.

A truly shared dream however.. Is probably more real than our shared reality considering the common elements in all 3 experiences.

Yes I agree , the whole concept at least anecdotally seems to stack up. Memories made up of experiences, combine to make us who we think we are. As I see it once we were just pure consciousness, as the experiences grow , and the memories build, we become more self aware that the memory stream pertains to us ,and that we are at some stage, think we are an individual. I think the memories are stored everywhere like a hologram, outside of linear time. We are in fact the sum total of our personal memory stream. The stream must get close to make a shared experience.

I seem to notice that identical twins seem to have more shared dream experiences than the general population, I wonder how Siamese twins that essentially share the same nervous system get on. Would they in fact not have to speak to each other ,but share the same internal dialogue. Ill have a check on that it might be relevant to the thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Me and my cousin had a shared dream.

Years ago when I was a teen I was staying at my cousins house for a few days, anyway we went for a nap one afternoon and we both had a dream about a big black spider with red eyes.

That's the only one I ever had though.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I came across this with regards to conjoined twins, I'm not to sure of the implications, but it sort of proves consciousness, memory streams etc. Have far more implications in fact than would appear on the surface. www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
several years ago on a Christmas eve after we put out gifts and stuffed stockings for the kids the wife and I went to bed. Anyways in my sleep I had this funny dream that I got up and walked over to my wife's side of the bed, knelt down and whispered in her ear "I have to go." Anyways the dream kind of woke me up and suddenly my wife jumps up and gasps. I asked her what was wrong? She says " My God I had the weirdest dream that my dad walked into the bedroom and knelt beside me and whispered in my ear that he has to go!"

Before that night I would never ever have believed that shared dreams exist.... after that night you will never convince me that they don't.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bronco73
several years ago on a Christmas eve after we put out gifts and stuffed stockings for the kids the wife and I went to bed. Anyways in my sleep I had this funny dream that I got up and walked over to my wife's side of the bed, knelt down and whispered in her ear "I have to go." Anyways the dream kind of woke me up and suddenly my wife jumps up and gasps. I asked her what was wrong? She says " My God I had the weirdest dream that my dad walked into the bedroom and knelt beside me and whispered in my ear that he has to go!"

Before that night I would never ever have believed that shared dreams exist.... after that night you will never convince me that they don't.

So the anecdotal evidence is mounting. That another state of consciousness exists.

top topics

join