It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard bitten by the Obamacare monster it helped spawn

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Damn! They don't even give women equal pay either.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Damn! They don't even give women equal pay either.

I noticed that too.
Nothing like failing to live up to the ideals you preach at others.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
a reply to: xuenchen

Harvard has $36 billion in their endowment. BILLION.

They've average 10% ROI over the last 40 years. With $3.6 billion in passive income from their endowment PER YEAR...

THAT'S $3.6 BILLION PER YEAR.... the can afford to pony up to pay for their employees health care.

Oh... and their tax exempt too, and get over $600 million in U.S. Federal funding every year. I'm sure they don't care about Obamacare.

Why SHOULD they care? They can just pass the "savings" on to the staff and faculty that came up with the hare-brained scheme to begin with... just like everyone else is doing!

First rule of making the lives of others better - stop and think would it make YOUR life better? Harvard in in the practical exams for that now. I bet they fail.

F-

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

originally posted by: macman

Too funny. The Progressive School gets it in the end by the Progressive policies.

But Proggies never see it that way. They are in a constant state of denial and have the annoying tendency to always blame others for their failures. It's never their fault...ever.

They could be drunk behind the wheel of a car and run over a pedestrian on the sidewalk and they will claim it's the pedestrians fault.

They are totally, completely delusional and should be institutionalized. They are mentally incompetent.

TDawg! I'm shocked at you! Have you not heard?

Progressives never made anything by themselves! If they had, there would be no one else to blame!

They are incapable of making anything by themselves - that's why they think everyone else is incapable, too!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
And to make it even worse, they are whining about deductibles and co-pays that are still overly generous by most standards.

Suck it up, buttercup.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I never understand articles or posts talking about their lofty protected behinds that didn't think it mattered if the unwashed masses had to pay for the increase in medical. But if it hits close to home, oh my! Anyone who doesn't care about what the poor and struggling middle class is paying is beyond evil. Do the math. Work out wages and costs of living and good healthy food and add personal wishes and savings, etc, breakdowns, and then go and shove your head in a sewage drain because if you support that, and think its ok to harm the poor and be safe, you don't deserve heaven and no one will be concerned with your plight in the future. Its like watching a horror movie.

These guys are evil. These so called nice well healed, well spoken, advanced thinking teachers are evil. It makes me ill to see the pictures in this article and see what I would call advanced thinking, open minded, teachers like my family was, my father and uncle and the kind of out of the box thinking, and yet these guys are like jack the ripper. That sick.

No one can afford their medical system. The world has normal ones, that are free for many or low cost. Its not like replacing a window where you pay several thousand out of pocket first either. Its all covered.
edit on 6-1-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

TDawg! I'm shocked at you! Have you not heard?

Progressives never made anything by themselves! If they had, there would be no one else to blame!

They are incapable of making anything by themselves - that's why they think everyone else is incapable, too!

Yea...color me bitter for seeing reality for what it is.

Wait...is bitter a color? Oh Crap! That may make me raaaaaaaccccciiiisssst!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Welcome to the club B@tches...

My military retirement health care went up 1000%

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
But they're not actually hurting, which kinda pisses me off. As Jamie1 pointed out in recent threads of hers, that university is making absolutely insane amounts of money, measured in the BILLIONS - ANNUALLY. Their reaction is akin to screaming about a papercut while the average citizen is moaning about having limbs hacked off. Theybmay be screaming, but for them, at the end of the day, it's still just a papercut. And the average citizen is still having limbs hacked off.

Useless pricks.
edit on 1 7 2015 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yep, Another case of liberals making unrealistic and counterproductive laws they think only apply to other people and becoming upset when those same laws are applied to themselves . As the song says "when will they ever learn"?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Harvard bitten by the Obamacare monster it helped spawn

Just goes to show a 'Havard' education isn't what it use to be.

Actually I think the appropriate statement would be "education in general isn't what it use to be". ObamaCare wouldn't even exist if that statement were false

ETA. I really should have said people in general aren't what the use to be. Saying education is the sole cause of this isn't fare. But it does play a part.
edit on 7-1-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

But, but, Obamacare is great for everyone... Why can't people have hope for a bill that was never read and which according to Nancy Pelosy we just should "pass Obamacare as law to see what's in it"... What's not to love?...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

how would anyone at harvard understand what poor people need?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

how would anyone at harvard understand what poor people need?

By reading idealistic statistical reports and theoretical anomalies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join