It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovering The Meaning of Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Or rather, the importance of our existence

Considering we as humans directly or indirectly question this on some basis at some point in our life and have yet to have an answer, we seek other avenues as seen in our existence. Some are happy to accept that a higher power has put things where they are intended, others are happy to leave our existence to a happy coincidence. Whichever one you are, this question still remains. Why and what is our relationship with our planet, galaxy and universe.

I have often pondered why this could be and I wanted to just share a little thought with the community. I do not want to reference all that I say because I want to leave some of the discussion down to imagination also without inflicting pre-assumed thoughts about things and people.

So I begin by just telling you information I have read and heard and here is my view from a rational point of view.

Life as we know it has supposedly developed to this point as we know it through natural selection and I have followed that understanding for a very long time being a atheist. However even I cannot totally condone that this theory is not without its holes. I have read from various testimonials that we have been visited at some point in our existence and with that in mind, one does ponder is this a god like figure or a higher intelligent being. I always remember from one testimonial explaining that we have been visited and our very DNA altered, to make us as we are today. I have also heard the term humans are containers, containers of what you may ask? I asked the same question and found a very interesting fact. That science has discovered that our very DNA has a language and that is contains 3 billion genetic letters which is equivalent to 12 sets of The Encyclopaedia Britannica, all 384 volumes which account for roughly 48 feet of library shelves. It is also written with in effect of grammar, spelling and proper arrangement of words. Bill Gates himself spoke of DNA is “like a software program only much more complex then anything we have ever devised.” It could contain once understood all the information to build the proteins for all the species of organisms that have ever lived on earth and still have enough room left to fill every book ever written. With that in mind, the colossal beauty that we may all hold, the question may be answered.

The meaning of life and the importance of our existence, it could just be that we have been given the very important duty of keeping what could be one of the oldest and most important collections of historical information sitting right inside all of us.

or maybe just maybe, there is a higher intelligence, species that gave us that very important job.

- BlackProject
edit on 5-1-2015 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
There is only 1 meaning to life and that is to reproduce.
I would suggest our DNA is our shared history/conciousness.
Have you ever wondered how animals know what to eat and have certain skills that aren't taught by their parents?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

Yeah I was going to cover that basis too but that was part of the reason for this post too. I was going to talk about how memories seem to be burnt into our DNA as you mentioned we are born with certain tendencies already hard wired and also I have read that supposed error in DNA structures is the cause for certain diseases or illnesses people may face. Like a baby shark swims right at birth and knows to continue swimming.

Reproduction is one reason for life but its only a survival instinct to keep alive wouldn't you agree. However the idea of information stored deep within us, is a deeper reason to do so. Universal information.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject
Interesting you would post this now. I've been pondering these very things lately. Were we "fast-tracked" at some point in our history, but just enough to nudge our evolution along without leaving a too obvious gap? A "missing link" so to speak?

Has our dna been encoded by a species so far beyond us technologically, that they would seem like "gods" to us? Does it possibly hold everything we could ever want to know about about them and ourselves? There's an Outer Limits(The new series) episode that touches on this very idea. It suggests that we just need to advance far enough to actually read those 12 sets of encyclopedia's, and we'll have our answers.

Some have also said that the only way to access that information is to go within. The so-called Akashic Records, collective unconscious, spirit, soul, etc. are all within, and with us all the time. It's just a matter of learning how to turn the key, and open the door.

Well, it's interesting to ponder, anyway.

edit on 1/5/2015 by Klassified because: clarify

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Beautiful thread, often neglected thoughts... To me, the meaning of life is finding the meaning of life, let me expand.
As an agnostic person (I was going to write atheist but my views have recently changed), I also strongly believed whole heartedly in Darwinism and evolution and just like you, as of recently I have too started to question things a lot more and seeing a lot of holes in a lot of our science including Darwinism and material philosophy in general. Have you read "the science delusion" by Rupert Sheldrake... To be fair and I don't care what people say he has some incredibly relevant points. His theory on "morphic resonance" like "ORGONE" theory by Wilhelm Reich share similarities in not only the huge amount of suppression and ridicule of their studies but equally have essentially ceased or put a stop to all current study on said areas. These two theories seem to suggest there is some sort of "spirit energy/particles" to give it the most pseudosciencey label I can. However none the less they are reasonably backed with a load of testimonials. These theories are almost equally similar to ancient theories such as Chi or Ether.

Unfortunately we choose to ignore these studies and also suppress them from growing or being explored by not funding them and hugely by simply not allowing the future generation to even know of their existence. Why? I can only speculate.

So what could these theories have to do with the meaning of life? Well imagine if morphic fields is proven, accepted and can be further explored.. This theory suggests we are interconnected by a level of consciousness or energy that surpasses out own levels of consciousness however our subconscious seems to be able to receive small implants of information "somehow" and that this is why animals seem to possess a sixth sense and we can sometimes "feel someones gaze" amongst other studies.
This could be god... not in the sense we think of god as a divine person, but as this energy... As the reason for creation and evolution etc. (Just a theory I have no evidence of this) but there are huge possibilities here.

If this is the case, does that mean we have a purpose in life? No it still doesn't necessarily but yet here we are and while I have this life, I chose to explore this as much as possible.

edit on 6-1-2015 by Judgie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Reminds me of the game Assassins Creed. You might like that game cause it's about the ability to access ancestral information through our DNA then recreated in a virtual reality to explore.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Dystopium

Yeah I am actually a gamer also and I have played that game and playing it I was surprised that they had put such an idea into a game. Exactly as the game states however the ability to not only read the DNA like a very clear book but access actual memories stored. Considering also projects by the government like project looking glass, to see into the past. I would keep an open mind as what could be possible or already is.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think it was Carl Sagan who said it best:

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."
edit on 6-1-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: corrected quote

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Judgie
Beautiful thread, often neglected thoughts... To me, the meaning of life is finding the meaning of life, let me expand.
As an agnostic person (I was going to write atheist but my views have recently changed), I also strongly believed whole heartedly in Darwinism and evolution and just like you

Thank you and for adding such a different view to the thread.

I have read and heard before from what you are saying and often question various aspects of various theories and studies. i think the best way to behave in life is to keep an open mind about all aspects, be critical in your rational thinking about those aspects and develop a kind of whole theory of all you ever find. Develop it as science and findings progress, thats how I deal with information we are given.

I once read into the pineal gland that we have in our brains, its called this simply due to it looking somewhat like a pinecone. It supposedly resides dormant in all our minds but has the ability to, if exercised like any muscle to contact one another telepathically. Having the feeling someone is looking at you and you look around and there, someone is looking at you seems somewhat 6th sense or that some tribal people have once noted to visitors that if one of their pregnant tribe give birth away from camp, they have felt that birth as a collection and run exactly to where the pregnant mother is.

Giving the above a good think, I would certainly say we have more abilities then we understand or realise. It is being suppressed somehow? maybe. Do we have too many distractions in day to day life to fully realise ourselves, probably.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I think it was Carl Sagan who said it best:

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

I like that quote friend and I am a very loyal fan of Carl Sagan. Considering what I discussed in this thread, well that could possibly be down to many things but being the carrier all information could certainly play part of that quote.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: BlackProject
Interesting you would post this now. I've been pondering these very things lately. Were we "fast-tracked" at some point in our history, but just enough to nudge our evolution along without leaving a too obvious gap? A "missing link" so to speak?

Has our dna been encoded by a species so far beyond us technologically, that they would seem like "gods" to us? Does it possibly hold everything we could ever want to know about about them and ourselves? There's an Outer Limits(The new series) episode that touches on this very idea. It suggests that we just need to advance far enough to actually read those 12 sets of encyclopedia's, and we'll have our answers.

Some have also said that the only way to access that information is to go within. The so-called Akashic Records, collective unconscious, spirit, soul, etc. are all within, and with us all the time. It's just a matter of learning how to turn the key, and open the door.

Well, it's interesting to ponder, anyway.

Thanks for adding to this topic.

I am glad that others, like yourself thought about these things too. Not that we agree but that thankfully yourself and seems others are certainly thinking further then what we are being told, religiously and scientifically.

I certainly think the missing link is due to some intervention. The intervention of what or who, I am not sure. I personally feel that we have been in contact with more intelligent life and they have aided us on our progression. There is a reason religion has a hold as it does, something happen in our past that made us look up to the sky and believe we was somewhat saved.

I would certainly say in those DNA codes we could have blue prints, helpful hints how to progress, detailed information on our past and the list goes on and on. What makes me curious mostly is that we are slowly able to read this information as if to say, in time you will be able to decode this puzzle and when you do, you will be ready to ascend to a higher place. Technological wise and as a race. There has been those talking about such visitations and alterations of DNA by an intelligent race, one place on our universal map of intelligent life could exist Zeta Reticuli. Considering its 40 light years away, very far in normal space travel but when a race so developed could be using anti matter to distort space to simply next door it does put such a helpful hand being all the more plausible.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Above where I mention that it is being suppressed, what I mean to say, that though available most people do not know or are not aware of these studies "censored" should be the more correct way of saying it.

I was interested one day and googles "suppressed talks" and found pretty quickly some censored Ted talks... One by Graham Hancock about '___'. (I understand from an outside perspective of why this talk shouldn't be aired however I disagree and very much maybe naively trust Graham Hancock as he is one of my favourite writers" Never the less the public ideal of "drugs are bad mmkay" is obviously a problem with his speech.

The other two talks if found "Rich people don't create jobs" and "Morphic resonance/the science delusion" I simply cannot see any reason for the censorship putting aside some much deeper level of political/economical problems they may cause. This is purely my own speculation.

Of those three videos "the science delusion" definitely sparked my curiosity the most... So I looked into Rupert Shelrake, his studies etc some more and can see huge amounts of "speculative evidence" that he may be on to something big.
Most of the critics of his work really do not have sound bases (in my opinion) to ridicule his work... most of the skeptics simply refer to character assassination and other scientific ideals, which oddly, is exactly what he is arguing against.. Yet he is still struggling to make gains on his studies and many people are not aware of his theories. This is in my opinion, blatant suppression or censorship. Why? I can only speculate...

Another idea I gained from watching the movie "The book thief" and after witnessing the book burning scene on the movie I started looking into other historical cases of book burning and censorship (history is a huge passion of mine). One that came up quickly (wikipedia) was the studies on (ORGONE) by W. Reich. I haven't had the time yet to read his books or, even if I can find copies of them to read, but essentially the crux of what he believes he had found was "god energy". The history of him is incredibly controversial which fuelled my interest to say the least.. Does it sound reasonable? I don't know but the fact he had been singled out and ordered to burn/destroy and remove all his studies is well documented. These studies still got out however. But why the effort to censor these ideas? Is it much less than it seems? People say its because its so simple and he may have found the cure for cancer and other amazing benefits.

What do these studies have in common? The same thing as the ancient ideas of Chi or life energy essentially they explain a lot of phenomena (partly) that we cannot understand today (which we might be able to do if we actually studied these).. They are an area of science so unexplored, underfunded, under advertised. Though we have explored and mapped most of our physical world now, there is still so much to explore if you simply wish to explore it.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Mystic (or rather metaphysical) problems.
My problems rather unusual.
Please check my blog. fromspace.blog.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Judgie

Weirdly timed Thread, I just finished reading Junky by William S. Burroughs for probably the 40th time this past weekend and he makes his own Orgone Accumulator in there. I also understand that Devo's red hats were supposed to keep Orgone from escaping from the top of the head...or at least not float off. LolOrgone.

I would say that Sagan's wonderful quote is about as close to the truth as we are likely to get on this one. We are all stardust, we were created by the universe as an intelligent extension that investigates and questions itself. I do believe that is the true "meaning" of life. Now what is the meaning of a life less aware? An ant doesn't question its surroundings to any meaningful degree...why does it exist? are all living creatures on this planet just a byproduct of life forming with it's ultimate goal to make a human?

So many questions and every answer brings up 1000's of more questions....and that is our purpose, to ask a question and answer it, which unlocks the next set of questions. By doing so we know ourselves and by extension our universe better and we are that universe.

Mindbending stuff and great thread! S and F

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nowyouseeme
a reply to: Judgie

Weirdly timed Thread, I just finished reading Junky by William S. Burroughs for probably the 40th time this past weekend and he makes his own Orgone Accumulator in there. I also understand that Devo's red hats were supposed to keep Orgone from escaping from the top of the head...or at least not float off. LolOrgone.

Thanks for adding to the thread.

I have read into such Orgone subjects before, not something I have studied or looked into much and probably should read into more as I do like to be up to date with all subjects. I have heard various people talk of it before, considering it as a energy force that connects us all. I do not know if the study of Orgone was the right place to start but I do agree that there is energy all around us. Being somewhat a Tesla fan, I consider his work of energy not just that of useful findings but that of energy that we subconsciously use.

If we picture our brain working as it does, electrically. These electrical impulses as any are working at frequencies and like all frequencies, information spills. How far do those neurological connections expand, just internally or wirelessly too. A very interesting thought I once found was that astronauts had to wear suits to give the ability to breath yes but some have said that it was not just for that basis alone but our brains needed to be electrically charged within the suit after we leave our planet. Saying that our earth allows our brains to electrically work, outside of the atmosphere we would mearly shut down.

edit on 6-1-2015 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Partially yes and at the same time we hold the DNA of very old Races as well yet to be discovered. On top of that not many know but the truth is we are also elemental beings of all elements.The human race is a DNA library filled with abilities,memories, knowledge etc.

Some open the door and some don't remember that!

top topics

join