It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick question for ATS parents???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
How many parents here have decided not to or to vaccinate there kids and why??

Ive given my kids first few but have decided not to beacuse both of my children have had febrile siezures same day vaccines were given, im traumatized by it and have lost faith in all vaccines...
edit on 5-1-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

I had a whole bunch of vaccinations when I was a child, and despite not being a fan of the needle at all, I have to say, I get sick once in a blue moon, and I rarely get touched by the simple bugs that everyone else gets. If it is going to touch me at all, it has to have nuts the size of a county, and teeth big enough to chew up tank armour with.

It it was me, I would get them every protection going. If they have had seizures after a jab, then you need to look into the reason why before making any decisions, and I do not mean look it up on the net. I mean you need to get a doctor to do a full panel of blood work, a whole bunch of nervous reflex tests, perhaps a brain scan or two, to ensure that the reason for those seizures is not some sort of rare delayed pain response, perhaps related to epilepsy, or some other thing of that nature.

Once all other factors have been RIGOROUSLY discounted by medical professionals (again, do NOT google this one. It will give you nightmares, and still will not yield results definitive enough to base a choice this important upon), THEN start thinking about the vaccine issue!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
How many parents here have decided not to or to vaccinate there kids and why??

Ive given my kids first few but have decided not to beacuse both of my children have had febrile siezures same day vaccines were given, im traumatized by it and have lost faith in all vaccines...

I chose to get the important ones but refused the pointless ones

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well that's because you don't stop drinking. We don't need a live stream of your alcoholism via your avatar. We all know its streamed and not a loop. lol

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
My kid had all, same as me (for some reason I didn't had the smallpox one but my kid did). Living in the tropic there are some very nasty disease that will ruin you for life that could be easily avoided with a mostly risk free vaccine.

He didn't had any adverse effect.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
They say a neuro doc and found nothing on both plus epilepsy does not run on either me or my wifes side so it was strange it was wierd because on the same day they gt vaccinated was the same day they had siezures a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Damn it! My true identity, that of a suit wearing, rum guzzling robot pirate from the future, is plain for all to see! ARRRGHH matey, tis a hard age in which to be a professional pirate! *mutters sea shanty as he walks away*

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well said TrueBrit! I couldn't have said it better myself! I had every vaccination known to man, and with 20 years in the Navy, I had even more. I turned out fine, LOL! Okay, not everyone would agree with that, but seriously, I rarely get sick. I get my flu shot every year. Now that I'm 50, I will start getting a pneumonia shot every year also.

My Mom had polio in 1946 when she was two years old, before the polio vaccine came out. Believe me, after seeing what she has gone through and continues to go through, you bet your sweet bippy I get my vaccinations. I don't listen to some twit of a celebrity tell me that vaccines cause autism and that nonsense.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I delayed all vaccines, insisted on no more than two at a time, thimerosal-free only and no Tylenol or Ibuprophin before or after ( so as not to interfere with a normal immune reaction).

Fevers are your friend, it's the body's natural defense. As long as it doesn't go above 103 for a child...beyond that you need to loop in your pediatrician.

I have a great pediatrician but we do come to blows. She knows me though and realizes I am NOT anti-vaccine....just determined to protect my child.

For instance, the Hep B vaccine is given at birth. I refused it and went through hell at the hospital with both of my kids. I was harassed by hospital staff and, as recenly as this fall, had a call from the local health department. Thing is, Hep B is not *required* until a child starts school or pre-K.

Ultimately, the oldest is fully vaccinated for his age and the youngest is 85% - but he's not in school yet.
edit on 1/5/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

We vaccinated our two kids. I remember how concerned we were after they received their shots. My wife and I watched them like a hawk. All the stories you hear really plays on your nerves. I can understand your concerns, my wife and I considered what could happen if they did get sick without the vaccine, which eventually outweighed our concerns about giving them the vaccines.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Your Dr. should not be pushing the standard vaccine protocol after a serious reaction like that. The physician should explain why everything changes when you have a serious reaction. If they didn't, seek a new Dr immediately.

I've read a number of horror stories that start just like yours and end horribly with "we trusted the DR and took another round."

Make sure you know exactly what vaccine caused the reaction. Read the package insert and find NVIC.org They have all the package documentation online. They also have information on how to get exemptions for school. You can still do this in most places, but the Nazis are winning and you may not have a choice in the future. Don't worry about negatively affecting the "herd" .They are vaccinated -right?

I explained Aluminum phosphate adjuvant to my kids Dr. and I was disappointed at having to do that. I explained that getting measles and varicella is a better long term health outcome than the vaccination. She agreed and fortunately, she signed my waiver. There are some viruses that impart long term damage even after you recover. You might consider trying to work out a program to get those vaccines. Space them out and get single vaccines only. Flu vaccine is useless or worse.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I vaccinated both of my kids. Because there is a difference between believing a conspiracy is possible, and putting my kids lives at risk.

"The mark of an educated mind is being able to entertain a thought without accepting it" - Aristotle

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

In my mind it has little or nothing to do with "conspiracy" but, instead, hubris and greed - the hubris of doctors and the greed of pharmaceutical companies.

edit on 1/6/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I vaccinated both of my children. There have been recent cases of measels and a lot of immigrants, who knows what kind of illnesses they have or if they received their vaccines. I am protecting my children from others who fail to take care of themselves.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I never believed in conspiracies till i saw my daughter c-zing out and her lips turned black before my kids had thier episodes i gave a Frick about nothing i could care less about nwo and vaccines and bigpharma but when i almost lost my daughter it made me realize something was off luckily my daughter was fine and had no side effects unfortunantly my son had the same issue and now has a speech impediment..a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I think breast feed kids have more natural immunity. So, since I breast feed, the option I chose was to refuse vaccinations until they entered school. So, many of the vaccinations are repetitive, "boosters'" for the previous round of shots.

But, that was 30+ years ago. I also, had a child in my 40s and I let her have the shots, my older kids had the chicken pox, mumps etc, and everyone is fine. My youngest however that had the shots to keep from getting these things, spent 5 days in and out of a cool bath, trying to keep her temp under 103. It kept spiking to 105. Of course I took her to the Dr. I wish I would have let her have the chicken pox. Her best friend who also had the chicken pox shot as a baby, never had the chicken pox, but he got a horrid case of shingles at 15 years old.

Its a personal choice. I would breast feed, use common sense keep them away from too much exposure to public places, and wait until they go to school. Let their own natural immunity develop for the first few years.

Most of all, listen to your own intuition, no one is going to love your children like you do. So, listen to that love, you will know the best option for your family.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ckhk3

Chances are, the vaccines your child receives are not going to target the diseases coming over the border. I doubt that anyone even knows what all is coming through the border, and so there would be no way to create vaccines for these diseases fast enough to vaccinate the new babies.

Someone mentioned a Hepitius B given to a newborn, that just kinda shocks me. Unless someone in your family is Hep + why would you need to vac a newborn for it? How would a new born be exposed to Hep? So, I think you should find out exactly what diseases you are protecting your child from and then weigh what the chances of exposure to these things are vs the possible side effects from the vaccines. I would rather let my kid get the chicken pox than let them have the pox shot.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Yes, be aware of what vaccinations your child would receive. The recent outbreak of measels in my state were due to immigrants, only immigrants who weren't vaccinated got the measels. There are no cases of people in my state who got vaccinated and received measels. Was the measels vaccination worth it, yes, my children are protected.

new topics

top topics

join