It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My REAL RANT!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
They used to have cool toys in cereal boxes, too. Kids don't know what they're missing.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
They used to have cool toys in cereal boxes, too. Kids don't know what they're missing.

Yup.

Open the box from the bottom to get the prize first!

Peace

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
YUP, breakfast cereal, we were lucky to get the kind that came in a box. That was the special treat, once a month or so, TRIX, Frosted Flakes, Alpha-bits, Corn POPs, etc. With 5 kids and 3 of them growing boys a box didn't last two days, if that.

Our usual fare was plain old Puffed Wheat, it came in a huge bag that was just as tall as me at the time. You had to eat them pretty quick as the milk could make them into mush real fast. Not only that the sugar never seemed to stick to it, just flavoured the milk. And the milk was another story.....powdered skim milk that came in a box bigger than most laundry detergents. It was called "KLIM", which I eventually figured out was milk spelled backwards. My mom would get creative and cover the empty "KLIM" box in wallpaper to match our rooms and we used them for wastebaskets.

Ah, the sixties, what a simple time it was, and yes I'm smiling as I type this. Thanks for a trip down memory lane, and yes you can still by plain old puffed wheat, only the bags are much smaller now. LOL

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
One of the US food stuffs I would love to try.
I wanted a twinkie for years and was very disappointed in them.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Was it disgusting? Just curious.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Just tasted very very fake.
Like plastic.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Did you take it out of the wrapper? I'm just kidding.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: YogaGinns

OMG you had to suffer through the ten foot bags of Puffed Wheat cereal too ?!

We were too poor to afford the good cereals. So the gigantic bag of Puffed Wheat it was... day after day, after day, after day.

Ugh... I still hate that stuff to this day. And you're right, the sugar never stuck to the cereal, it would just end up in a gloopy glob at the bottom of the bowl (which I would of course tip the bowl to drink the milk and slide the sugar gloop down my throat).

The only thing I loved about Puffed Wheat cereal was the chocolate squares mom used to make with it all the time.

And on cold winter mornings, Cream of Wheat was on the menu. My brother and I laying on the floor watching Saturday morning cartoons (Bugs Bunny and Yogi Bear) eating our Cream of Wheat and drooling at commercials showing Honeycomb, Corn Pops, Count Chocula...

*sigh*

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

And on cold winter mornings, Cream of Wheat was on the menu. My brother and I laying on the floor watching Saturday morning cartoons (Bugs Bunny and Yogi Bear) eating our Cream of Wheat and drooling at commercials showing Honeycomb, Corn Pops, Count Chocula...

Nothing better than a good bowl of oatmeal or cream of wheat, anything but....Red River Cereal.....meaning no disrespect to your neck of the the woods there....but that stuff is like eating beach sand. Ugh.
I'll take the Puffies over that stuff any day.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Oh dear lord... Red River Cereal.

My grandparents used to eat that stuff, and yes, it's like chewing on beach sand... but with less flavour.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
The only option is to let it go soggy in the milk before eating it and that's just so very wrong in any book.

Seriously true. When I used to eat this stuff each crunch piece had to be accompanied by a full gulp of milk or else the roof of my mouth was too freak'n sore to be able to eat it.

That was good stuff. I miss that stuff.

Anyone remember King Vitamin and Quisp cereals?
Cheap shadows of Captain Crunch. (good ... but not Captain Crunch!)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Oh dear lord... Red River Cereal.

My grandparents used to eat that stuff, and yes, it's like chewing on beach sand... but with less flavour.

OMG I was born in Manitoba and this was a staple on many tables in the morning.

Still can't go near the stuff.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join