It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My REAL RANT!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I love how these cereals are advertised to little kids when they aren't the ones who actually pay for it. I guess they have more power over their parents than they think. Marketing companies seem to know this very well.

Silly parents, tricks are what your kid plays one you!

And there was only one cereal worth eating back in my day...

Jude, shouldn't you be eating meuslix and grape-nuts by now? Or are those too hard for you? How about a hot steamy bowl of WHEAT GERM!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

That might work. I used to eat beerios. That's Cheerios with beer in it, instead of milk.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Grapenuts are another one. It's like eating gravel. Have you ever had them?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Grapenuts are another one. It's like eating gravel. Have you ever had them?

I have and they are really expensive for the size of the box and the Name "Grape Nuts" fits perfectly with what happens in the morning after a cup of coffee or tea......grab the readers digest and run for your life! :-)
And hell yes that cereal is a killer to chew.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

It is high fiber and guaranteed to clear you out. I read somewhere that it was first made as a coffee substitute but I'm not sure if that's true. I think it could be an effective cat litter, as that's what it feels like you're chewing on. You could probably even put it under your tires for traction in icy weather.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

But Jude. The free comic book . THE FREE COMIC BOOK.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Iwinder

It is high fiber and guaranteed to clear you out. I read somewhere that it was first made as a coffee substitute but I'm not sure if that's true. I think it could be an effective cat litter, as that's what it feels like you're chewing on. You could probably even put it under your tires for traction in icy weather.

LOL its a bit pricey here in Canada to use for traction for your vehicle and the birds would surely eat it before you even got moving:-)
As a good cat littler.....I concur as any smart cat would not eat that stuff even laced with cat nip.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: Iwinder

I love the stuff, too. Not so much how it cuts the roof of my mouth up. Letting it sit in milk for a while does seem to help.

Yeah it reminds me of "Honey Comb" that crap cut the roof of my mouth every time I ate it but, it was what I did whenever my Mom sprang for the big bucks and bad for you cereal.

The Honey Comb game stayed alive for years because I kept my mouth shut about all the blood and pain, I always knocked it off about two weeks before a dental appointment and she never caught on at all.

I loved my honey comb:-(
Have not even thought about it now for 25 years plus.
Regards, Iwinder

Betcha I know what you are gonna but next grocery Day...

Peace

Well I would be dishonest if that in fact did not cross my mind, I actually drooled when I posted that.
Yep now that I can afford 10 boxes in the cupboard it just is not going to happen. :-(
Not all is lost though, we do have some left over pizza in the refrigerator for breakfast and the bonus is it will not cut the roof of my mouth.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
My beef was with Harvest Crunch . They really should warn against pouring a bowl full for breakfast .My jaws still ache when I think about it . :>)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
I love how these cereals are advertised to little kids when they aren't the ones who actually pay for it. I guess they have more power over their parents than they think. Marketing companies seem to know this very well.

Silly parents, tricks are what your kid plays one you!

And there was only one cereal worth eating back in my day...

Jude, shouldn't you be eating meuslix and grape-nuts by now? Or are those too hard for you? How about a hot steamy bowl of WHEAT GERM!

I's actually Honey Nut Cheerios or Raisin Bran but every so often I slip.

FROOT LOOPS are still on the list as well.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
My beef was with Harvest Crunch . They really should warn against pouring a bowl full for breakfast .My jaws still ache when I think about it . :>)

Yeah, about 3 tbl spoons is enough as well.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

But Jude. The free comic book . THE FREE COMIC BOOK.

I KNOW!

That's the REAL reason right?

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
"So FRICKIN' DELISH but so much damage. It's like brushing the inside of your mouth with a cactus."
lolol I couldn't get past this quote without cracking up!
lolol

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
See how serious some people get about the Cap'n?

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
There is a very small window — a precious few moments when the cereal is neither wholly crunchy nor entirely soggy — and that is when you must strike.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Years ago (to date myself lol) in the mid 80's, there was a comedian named Will Frederman I believe, who did an act comparing grape nuts and mini wheats to hay and little rocks lol. This is the best cereal comedy since imo
thanks for the laughs! And excellent rant btw. *4U!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
1st
Oww!
2nd
Oww!
3rd
Oww!

Rinse and repeat!

Liked them as a kid, however I haven't had them in years...
Breakfast for me, is usually an omelet. Cheers for the memories...oww!

Peace,
Liberty Lost

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
There is a very small window — a precious few moments when the cereal is neither wholly crunchy nor entirely soggy — and that is when you must strike.

It's a very tactical maneuver with precision timing but it can be done.

You must truly believe.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ecossiepossie

Never Heard off it?

Take its a serial

Porridge Man meself.

Although I use muslei to make my porridge its delisious.

Never heard of the Cap'n?

I have nothing but sympathy for you my friend. Muslei is not even on the same shelf...

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Lmao who designed that packaging, it looks like the cover of a Dr Seuss book.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join