It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police union pushes for cop killings to be included in federal hate crimes law

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The executive director of the National Fraternal Order of Police says a hate crime victim should include someone wearing a police uniform and not just "skin color" and anything else currently classified as a hate crime.

Words to that effect at least.

This is controversial indeed.

Police union pushes for cop killings to be included in federal hate crimes law

Bias attacks against police should be prosecuted more harshly, union argues

In the wake of the murder of two New York City police officers and a national debate about policing, the National Fraternal Order of Police is asking for the Congressional hate crimes statute to be expanded to include crimes against police officers. The union has more than 300,000 members.

Violence against police officers that is motivated by anti-police bias should be prosecuted as a hate crime, the nation’s largest police union is arguing in a letter to President Barack Obama and Congressional leaders this week.

WELL?

edit on Jan-05-2015 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that when you murder somebody regardless of skin color or career choice there is some hate involved.

So in reality isn't every murder a "hate crime?"

Regardless, murder is practically the worst crime one can commit and carries the most harsh punishment.

This is stupid.

Good move FOP.

edit on 5-1-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

WELL?

LOL.

This is a sneak attack...

Go back to the Old West when both the Sheriff & the suspect could be armed & Duel...
Ten Paces & Turn...

"Law" writers changed that... Correction: No they didn't!

I can't say I'm surprised they'd try to do this.

Violence against police officers that is motivated by anti-police bias should be prosecuted as a hate crime

How would it be labelled "anti-police"...
Brain probes? Thought intrusion?
Well they're not possible! For public consumption.

Taking the police & prosecutors word for it... That exists already anyways.

This is a checkmate really!

How could anyone argue that it's not a hate crime?
A dislike crime maybe?
Crime of passion?

This has Police State preparation written all over it!

Edit: Just re-read my post and noticed it could be taken in the context that I currently endorse cop killing... I don't.

edit on 5-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Stated!

edit on 5-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Correctional Edit!!!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

attacks against police should be prosecuted more harshly

It's that way already. Kill a citizen or kill a cop, see which one gets you more time.

Because they're better and more valuable than us.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I didn't realize police were a religion+Ethnic culture

This is actually big news.

if this is allowed. That means that corperations can recieve the same types of protection that a religion or culture...

For instance, if this passes. that means Coca-cola can encarserate you for spreading hate about it and diabetus. Even if its true.

This is trying to cross over capitalism with civil harrasment rights.
That's crossing the line right there...

We mise well call this Police land of America. Or if you view it economically. Wallmart land. Proudly owned and operated by Wallmart and protected by Police of America.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

They are a minority group though!

That's the checkmate!

For instance, if this passes. that means Coca-cola can encarserate you for spreading hate about it and diabetus.

You're funny

But you do make a good point.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Does that mean that a scuffle with the police could result in a "Hate Crime" charge, in addition to resisting arrest?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: AnuTyr

They are a minority group though!

That's the checkmate!

For instance, if this passes. that means Coca-cola can encarserate you for spreading hate about it and diabetus.

You're funny

But you do make a good point.

I'm a White/Ukrainian/Polish/Irish with a little bit of Native American thrown in...

I think I'm also a minority. Do I count?

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

This is actually big news.

if this is allowed. That means that corperations can recieve the same types of protection that a religion or culture...

For instance, if this passes. that means Coca-cola can encarserate you for spreading hate about it and diabetus. Even if its true.

This is trying to cross over capitalism with civil harrasment rights.
That's crossing the line right there...

We mise well call this Police land of America. Or if you view it economically. Wallmart land. Proudly owned and operated by Wallmart and protected by Police of America.

It will be that way when the TPP goes through.

Peace

link   
a reply to: windword

to put it lightly, its like a white man wreasling a black man because hes black and giving him a hard time.

Yes.

If somthing like that were to be taken to court. The white guy would be pushed for racism. Just a hypothetical situation.

But in this case. This applies to police. So, basically doing anything that my be interprited as racial dscrimination also applies to the police.
So even saying police suck would be a hate crime.
edit on 5-1-2015 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: jude11

No doubt, Sir!

Given the wonderful mixture you have, probably the minority's minority.

link   

originally posted by: windword
Does that mean that a scuffle with the police could result in a "Hate Crime" charge, in addition to resisting arrest?

It depends how they write the law.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The sooner people realize COPS are NOT heroes and should not be treated any different that anybody else the better!!

Cops in general are cowards and these days promote themselves above other people. Hating someone is a damn right....and how can the police class themselves as a group that deserves protection over being hated.

They are hated for a reason and the hate is strong. Im looking forward to this year 2015...something has to give...what will it be?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What if a shoutout occurs between a gay black transvestite & a female Muslim cop...

& they shoot each other but survive...

Will they both be charged with 3 counts of hate crime each?

I'll be over there>>>>>>>
edit on 5-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
I am pretty sure that when you murder somebody regardless of skin color or career choice there is some hate involved.

Regardless, murder is practically the worst crime one can commit and carries the most harsh punishment.

This is stupid.

Good move FOP.

The hate crime law is about protecting a GROUP.
Since such a crime indicates that the said killer is killing not one person but a whole group if they murder someone because they are a part of that group.

I personally think to include cops in that law is very reasonable.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

It really isn't because police are a corperation.

And not exactly the most weathiest among them. It won't be long till microsoft is pushing for this in court to monopolize PC and cut out Apple.

And if you so much as breath a word against the Gates ( Bill gates that is) or any of the microsoft cronies after this stuff is implimented. Even so much as utter a word about them in your own living room where they are listening through the xbox headset and watching through the Kenetic your every move.

Soon you won't beable to say things even on your cellphone. It will be like demolition man with the sware counters only there won't be paper it will just deduct money from your RFID personal account lol. And then prompty sign an application for a court date. Yes the near future will be quite convinent. for corperations.

In the ruins of the corperate wars, there will only be Taco bell. And the police. lol.
edit on 5-1-2015 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
A can of worms and a slippery slope come to mind in this thread .You know hate always starts with a thought so ..just sayin a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

What if a shoutout occurs between a gay black transvestite & a female Muslim cop...

& they shoot each other but survive...

Will they both be charged with 3 counts of hate crime each?

I'll be over there>>>>>>>

Wow....bravo sir!!!! Very well done.

Now if only this entire topic were a real joke......I would laugh for days.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

WELL?

LOL.

This is a sneak attack...

Go back to the Old West when both the Sheriff & the suspect could be armed & Duel...
Ten Paces & Turn...

"Law" writers changed that...

In what alternate universe did this happen?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

This is stupid.

Good move FOP.

The hate crime law is about protecting a GROUP.
Since such a crime indicates that the said killer is killing not one person but a whole group if they murder someone because they are a part of that group.

I personally think to include cops in that law is very reasonable.

The hate crime law is about protecting a GROUP in regards to race, religion, disability, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.

Professions are not included in that. This is a boneheaded move.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join