It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Ready for this? Anti Matter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I dont see how its an energy source, when it takes more energy to create it ,then it releases?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I dont think that tests of the magnitude of reactors would take place in some populated area but either remote locations deep underground or even in space on the moon if we ever get there.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
well i think this technology could be here sooner than everyone thinks, with recently developed superconductors which create enormous magnetic fields that are allowing fusion to be possible. And also the fact that this time a hundred years ago we were at the same point with plutonium, now we have so much of the stuff we dont need to make anymore.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufi0o
well i think this technology could be here sooner than everyone thinks, with recently developed superconductors which create enormous magnetic fields that are allowing fusion to be possible. And also the fact that this time a hundred years ago we were at the same point with plutonium, now we have so much of the stuff we dont need to make anymore.

Thats true thats why I posted, not to mention we could already have this technology. I am sorry I couldn't keep up with the conversations, HUGE english report, I guess anti matter would be a good source of engery since it doesn't cause any pollutants, or leak radation, and also a droplet of it could power New York for a day! Nuclear Fussion is only 1.5 % effetive if I remember correctly(no idea I think I heard this somewhere PLEASE correct me if I am wrong) But with anti matter it is 100% effcient, this is why it would be a better energy source.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
It would be like carrying nuclear material around in a paper bag. It is not something that you should "experiment" with. Not until they understand more about it.

Would you hand a gun to your 4 year old?

acutally raw uranium ore (before its purified and turned into pellets) can be handled safely without any major protection

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think thats why he called it nuclear material, not raw unraium. It is turned into pellets,too didn't know that, lol I always thought that they were just kept in bars or whatever. Learn something new everyday

top topics

<< 1   >>

join