It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Illegal Immigrant at DMV: ‘Nobody’s Passing’ Written Test

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I don't see an issue with it.

*sigh*

This type of opinion is detrimental to society. 'I can't see any negative consequences after studying the issue for ten minutes, so there must not be a single problem with that stance. Now time to become an ardent supporter of said stance!'

Discourages assimilation
Rewards those who willfully break the law
Costs taxpayer money to implement
Puts thousands more ill-trained drivers on the road
Costs taxpayer money to care for those injured in accidents as a result

Those are off the top of my head.
edit on 7-1-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatisurproblem
Really?

Is it they can't read or they shouldn't drive?

*thinks about all those road signs*

If you can't read, you shouldn't drive. It's not that hard to figure out.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Ummm, I did.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Oh you know how long I have studied it?
Didn't know you you had that kind of all powerful knowledge.
I would say making things up about people is rather detrimental.

Discourages assimilation

How? How many american citizens get one every day? Seems like they are doing the same thing the rest of us are.

Rewards those who willfully break the law

What is the reward of getting your license? It puts them on paper like everyone wants.

This can save money if half of the people who get DL's get insurance, I know you want to think that none of them will just don't see how you can have that thought process when they are doing this to be able to drive here legally.
Insurance is part of that process of driving here legally.
And how much more does it cost in taxes to give them something they give out in this state all day every day?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

And what are the driving records of illegals? I'll bet most insurance rates go up as a result; however, just because they get licenses is no reason to assume they will likewise get insurance.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

It doesn't mean they are retarded. They just don't understand English.

many of them pretend not to understand english.

i always thought it pretty funny when i had my shop open, and they would bring in something to have repaired. most of them would go on and on saying no habla ingles, until i started talking about how much it would cost to repair what ever they brought in. then they could habla ingles just fine.

edit on 7-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why is it no reason to assume they will get insurance?

If they want a license to be able to drive on our streets then they will need insurance to do so as well.

They are trying to make it so if they get caught driving, they can continue to drive without losing their car.

And you are right about the insurance rates, but that bone you need to pick with the companies not the people.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Why is that the insurance companies' faults? You are asking them to take on a bunch of lousy drivers. It makes the risk pool worse off. We will be asked to cover a lot more accidents and claims.

Again, just because you have the license doesn't mean you have the insurance. Why would they pay for it beyond what they need to get the license? There are plenty of people who don't carry it who are legal. Why are the illegals who already broke laws going to suddenly be superior to regular residents in that regard?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Won't get into the insurance thing, that is a whole other thread.

And again, I am not saying that they all will go get it, cause that is just unrealistic.
The other side of that coin is that you can't assume that none of them will, to me that is equally unrealistic.
I live in San diego, you should see the amount of hole in wall insurance companies in places.
You can find all their cards in the awesome mexican food we have out here.
I am not calling them superior, I think we are all the same.
Some people carry insurance, some people don't. Not sure why they can't be seen as the people that will.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It discourages assimilation because learning the primary language of a country is one of the first steps toward assimilation. Period.

It is a reward in the sense that driving on US roads is a privilege afforded to legal citizens who must meet legal requirements to be granted a license, and pay for road maintenance through taxation.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And what are the driving records of illegals? I'll bet most insurance rates go up as a result; however, just because they get licenses is no reason to assume they will likewise get insurance.

Having a license only matters if you care about getting caught. Driving without insurance isn't much better than driving without a license. If they're going through the effort of getting licenses opposed to other forms of ID you can reasonably assume they'll be getting insurance too.

originally posted by: ketsuko

Having them paying into the pool is a whole lot better than them getting into an accident without insurance. How much does that cost people?
edit on 8-1-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Ding, Ding, Ding!
I think this is the major push for them to be licensed. Unlicensed then the police let them go because writing a traveler up is too hard. You are not a 'driver' (where all teh commercial laws kick in) until you have a license and have pretty much signed away your rights.
Tickets = money for the state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join