It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Illegal Immigrant at DMV: ‘Nobody’s Passing’ Written Test

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78
I am gonna have to be that guy then. The written test was stupid easy..... I almost flunked the driving part, because I was stupid nervous, and forget left from right. Good thing there was no one way streets

I took my test in a full-sized "minivan", I spent the whole time worrying about the parallel parking section.
edit on Tue, 06 Jan 2015 06:39:02 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RedmoonMWC

California doesn't have any common sense. I once failed the written portion of my motorcycle endorsement test in Cali.

One of the questions I missed?

When you arrive at a 4 way stop, just because you make eye contact with the person on your left, doesn't mean..

I answered : That they will yield the right of way.

Correct answer according to them; That they see you..

C'mon, we made "eye contact". Common sense would say they had to see me.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

GOOD!!!

Guess Cosmic Karma is there after all.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Justacasualobserver
It could be both though, especially on a bike. I have almost been killed by idiots I swear looked right at me before trying to merge right on top of me while riding lol. I think that question is more about assuming someone saw you, you might perceive it as eye contact when they are off in lala land looking right through you.

edit on Tue, 06 Jan 2015 08:46:08 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
They haven't yet hit the gold mine yet then. In the UK it was quite prevalent for foreigners, with the same surnames or look the same, to get some one else who had already done the test to do the test for them. It still goes on but greatly with reduced numbers supposedly.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedmoonMWC

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: Caver78
Hate to be a party-pooper but here goes, NOBODY passes the driving test on their first try. Haven't in years! White , Red, Yellow, Purple.....it's been known for years that no one passes on the first try as the DMV peeps want to ensure you aren't too cocky out there on the road and want to make you sweat it a little.

Where have all you people been since the 1970's????

Sure....now someone will come along and say...I DID! I DID!!
yeah....you were the one example to give the "DMV Illusion" legs!!

Who have you been hanging with? I only know one person that failed the test first try. Sorry dude but your friends must be morons.

I'm with you.
The written test is easy if you actually read the material and the driving test is, for the most part, common sense.
But then I was also licensed to drive in Japan for a while so maybe I'm just good at taking tests.
As for Illegals failing these tests, They are ILLEGAL, send them home!
But we all know they will just dumb down the test until they get a higher pass rate.
Japanese license tests are hard. I have a license to drive here, but I don't own a car. Getting anywhere in Tokyo by car is basically wasted hours.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I would prolly fail a written exam if i couldn't read Spanish, or Chinese or any other language not written in english.

It doesn't mean they are retarded. They just don't understand English.
edit on 6-1-2015 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Its funny Im American born here my parents and parents parents ect.....
And I had to pass a citizenship test in high school....You know name 3 branches of govrnment ect...
I had to learn Americas chain of command ....President ..vice prez speaker of the house ...
And now not only do you not have to read english to get a drivers license but you dont even have to pass if your here illegally.
Everything is going crazy ...oh goody.
I hear that the naked singing cowboy is running for prez.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: SubTruth

If we do nothing America is going to become a 3rd world country in the next 20 years.

Take a stroll through my local Walmart.
I think we may already be a third world country.

If our government had to live within it's means, we definitely would be.

I feel the need to point out most third world countries don't have walmarts or the equivalent and if they do there is only one.

I definitely get what you're trying to say but to me that statement just seemed a bit ironic.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Hate to be a party-pooper but here goes, NOBODY passes the driving test on their first try. Haven't in years! White , Red, Yellow, Purple.....it's been known for years that no one passes on the first try as the DMV peeps want to ensure you aren't too cocky out there on the road and want to make you sweat it a little.

Where have all you people been since the 1970's????

Sure....now someone will come along and say...I DID! I DID!!
yeah....you were the one example to give the "DMV Illusion" legs!!

I've taken the test twice. Once when I turned 16, and once years later when I moved to California and had to retest for a license. In both cases I passed the written and driving portions with a perfect score. It's not difficult.

I am honestly blown away by there being a 58% failure rate in DC for licenses. That thought is utterly incomprehensible to me.

originally posted by: sweets777
And now not only do you not have to read english to get a drivers license but you dont even have to pass if your here illegally.

Not reading English actually makes sense. Reading while driving is distracting and they take your eyes away from the road, that's why traffic signs and symbols are largely symbolic so that they can be identified without focusing on them. As a side benefit, that means you don't need to know English in order to drive, you just need to know the traffic laws.

As far as licensing illegals goes, as long as they're here I would prefer them trying to obtain licenses that encourage them to learn the traffic laws, that leads to improved safety on the roads for everyone.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I would think that the car insurance companies are having a Tissy Fit on illegals driving. Or they are leaving. One or the other.
edit on 7/1/2015 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
you know every cop in calif is going to know that these are illegals just by looking at the drivers license.

that means a ticket to every illegal from cops that do not like illegals driving.

a number of cities are going to make a lot of money from tickets.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

Car insurance companies are going to love it. More customers for them.
If these people are getting a lisence in fear of not losing their car, why would they not get insurance when it is the same penalty?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

These criminal immigrants are not suddenly applying en masse for fear of loosing their cars. That would imply some measure of respect for the rule of law.

Threat of legal repercussion has been there all along. Laws didn't deter their first offense (illegally entering the country), so why would they worry about driving illegally?

They are showing up at the DMV now because they have been offered another free lunch.
edit on 7-1-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

So these guys are following the law by getting a license, which is not free, just to show a non willingness to follow the law?
Makes sense.

They are here and on my streets, I would rather them have a license, which opens the door for them to get insurance, than stomp my feet and hold my breath and mutter that they shouldn't be here in the first place.

edit on thWed, 07 Jan 2015 13:14:53 -0600America/Chicago120155380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

No. They are lining up to receive yet another benefit once reserved for legal citizens. The word is out that certain states will grant a license to anyone who breathes, so why not take advantage of that and become a little more 'legal?' I imagine most are surprised and irritated when they find out they may have to pay anything for it.

Serial killers, theives, and rapists are also on our streets. Maybe we should just change all of the laws so that no one is a criminal anymore. Wouldn't that be Utopia?

Sadly, my facetious suggestion could probably be carried out in tday's America...and without a single piece of legislation...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Oh yes, the great benefit of having a DL, god forbid these people get the same sacred right of having this lamented card!!!!

This documents them and opens them to have insurance which is a benefit to us all, I don't see an issue with it.

Serial killers, theives, and rapists are also on our streets. Maybe we should just change all of the laws so that no one is a criminal anymore. Wouldn't that be Utopia?

Ya lets avoid things like this, not very productive to just make # up.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It should assist ICE in finding and deporting them.

They have no rights here. They are illegally here.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: macman
Well it does document them so it does do that.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Agreed. Japanese license tests are hard.
I had a motorcycle, it was much more convenient than trying to drive on their two way roads that were designed for a horse and carriage not autos.
I did really like the mirrors on the turns though, would like to see that here in the U.S.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join