It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Illegal Immigrant at DMV: ‘Nobody’s Passing’ Written Test

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It’s true. Statistically speaking 70% of all people taking their driving written test fail their first time. - See more at: www.dmvcheatsheets.com...

Just for some context, it is not an isolated issue.
Seems lots of people have issue with this test. They ask some pretty off the wall questions.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

If we do nothing America is going to become a 3rd world country in the next 20 years. Look around this is not the American way or dream.

Too late.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kismetpair927
a reply to: xuenchen

Not sure if this is everywhere, but here in WA you can take the written test in any language you want. I think they have about 20 different ones on hand,from Tamil to Swahili to Arabic to Espanol. And if they DONT have it on hand they will get a translator.

You should see the f***ing driving here...It's like Moscow and Hong Kong had a baby, and that baby CAN"T READ THE F***ING ROADSIGNS.

Korean Lady once explained "Yield" to my dad: "It means wait for one car then it your turn you go." Perfect.

Spellbinding gasping Irony

boying ing ing ing

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

It’s true. Statistically speaking 70% of all people taking their driving written test fail their first time. - See more at: www.dmvcheatsheets.com...

Just for some context, it is not an isolated issue.
Seems lots of people have issue with this test. They ask some pretty off the wall questions.

made even more difficult when you cant read or write the language its given in....just sayin

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

They come from a tird-world country and expect a civilized nation to bend rules they don't like.
But laws are what makes the USA.

Take a trip to Tijuana...in a rental car.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Sure that would make it harder, but not by much it seems.
Good thing signs are also separated by colors and shapes are universal.
www.roadtrafficsigns.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What I find funny is wait till they start getting to the road test stage. If they have been driving sans license for any amount of time their bad habits will doom them to fail. What we tend to do in day to day driving is not what we are supposed to do.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Good, now we have more people on the roads with cars. I hope i don't get hit.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hate to be a party-pooper but here goes, NOBODY passes the driving test on their first try. Haven't in years! White , Red, Yellow, Purple.....it's been known for years that no one passes on the first try as the DMV peeps want to ensure you aren't too cocky out there on the road and want to make you sweat it a little.

Where have all you people been since the 1970's????

Sure....now someone will come along and say...I DID! I DID!!
yeah....you were the one example to give the "DMV Illusion" legs!!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Lmao... thats pretty bad .. america the easiest country in the world to get a driving license in ..

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I still can't get past 1.) Illegally in the country

much less facilitating a means to license somebody to drive in that country. It's like a law that facilitates how felons convicted of violent crimes can obtain firearms once they're out of prison. I know analogies and such don't always pass muster, but #e! we're talking people who are in the country by criminal means.

Maybe my view has been jaundiced by an illegal alien that had a profound negative effect on my family, but we either have immigration laws and border laws or we don't. It's the most contentious thing between the government and the population it's supposed to represent. The federal government view on illegal immigration IS NOT the same as their constituency. There is, beyond any doubt, an economic influence that encourages illegal immigration and makes it tolerable to the federal government to the extent that they actually go out of their way to make sure our border patrol does not stop the illegals. I've seen that first hand, because I lived in both San Diego, CA and Yuma, AZ and had good friends who were border patrol agents. I heard repeatedly of how they were diverted from patrolling areas where known incursions were taking place and they were directed by their supervisors to go elsewhere. Coming from a logical-minded engineer type such as myself, these things are hard to accept. And they're only accepted as impropriety.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Umm our test is easy compared to the European test.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Hate to be a party-pooper but here goes, NOBODY passes the driving test on their first try. Haven't in years! White , Red, Yellow, Purple.....it's been known for years that no one passes on the first try as the DMV peeps want to ensure you aren't too cocky out there on the road and want to make you sweat it a little.

Who have you been hanging with? I only know one person that failed the test first try. Sorry dude but your friends must be morons.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

If we do nothing America is going to become a 3rd world country in the next 20 years.

Take a stroll through my local Walmart.
I think we may already be a third world country.

If our government had to live within it's means, we definitely would be.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It isn't surprising. One of the dirty secrets is that a large portion of the hit and run accidents are illegal aliens.

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
If this is true, you know the next step will the gobacks will be waived the written test....

Which would piss me off extremely, since my two, now 22 & 24 had to start with 3 points on their licenses just because they were new drivers. I'd like to see them try that!!!! I would personally be infuriated!!! Bad enough how the teens got to deal with all the crap now, & us with the 4 point system.......what's the point?? Certainly not for safety anymore, since their letting every Tom Dick & Harry in???? No more reason for having a 4 point system.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: Caver78

Who have you been hanging with? I only know one person that failed the test first try. Sorry dude but your friends must be morons.

I'm with you.
The written test is easy if you actually read the material and the driving test is, for the most part, common sense.
But then I was also licensed to drive in Japan for a while so maybe I'm just good at taking tests.
As for Illegals failing these tests, They are ILLEGAL, send them home!
But we all know they will just dumb down the test until they get a higher pass rate.

edit on 5-1-2015 by RedmoonMWC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi
I agree. My kids had passed theirs on their first try, also many of their friends. Less then a handful that failed.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What are they showing up expecting a Spanish translation version of the test? Are you saying there isn't one? Cant even buy anything without an English/Spanish translation in the instructions. Maybe they will just change the road signs.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u
Good, now we have more people on the roads with cars. I hope i don't get hit.

Yea better make sure you have uninsured motorist on that policy. Its not likely that Cal-a-fornication is going to enforce insurance laws on them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join