It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

California Illegal Immigrant at DMV: ‘Nobody’s Passing’ Written Test

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Strange.

Looks like many "illegal" immigrants who can now get "legal" drivers licenses in CalIFornia might be failing the required written test !!

Similar things happened in Nevada last year when "illegal" immigrants could "legally" get a drivers license.

Long waiting times are a problem also.

Apparently there are non-government sponsored programs to help with the tests.

CA Illegal Immigrant at DMV: ‘Nobody’s Passing’ Written Test

Many illegal immigrants at a Northern California DMV reportedly were failing the written exam when applying for driver’s licenses on Friday.

Under the AB 60 law that Governor Jerry Brown (D) signed in 2013 and took effect at the start of 2015, illegal immigrants were able to apply for driver’s licenses on Friday. And nearly 1.4 illegal immigrants are expected to apply for licenses in California in the next three years.

this should catch the attention of some folks....

At a DMV in south Sacramento, Veronica Oropeza, a 28-year-old illegal immigrant who has reportedly been driving without a license for six years, reportedly failed her written exam twice.......

Oropeza had “already spent more than three hours at the DMV,” and “she couldn’t stay to take the exam a third time, she said, because she had to get to work.”

and then drives to work anyway !!!

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Strange.

Indeed. Maybe we should do what Mexico does and just let them.....

Oh wait, Mexico won't let Illegals get a license.

The Hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

So since one lady said it, it must be true right?

Wonder if there is any actual numbers to back up the statement.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Enjoy the system working (as in they don't get the liscence) I expect next year the state will spend more money it doesn't have to have everything available in Spanish... Or they will hire someone fluent in Spanish to translate... All at taxpayer expense of course.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Really?

Is it they can't read or they shouldn't drive?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Last month I was at the Secretary of State here in Michigan same as the DMV. A woman was coaching a guy through the test and he had about 10 pages of stuff to fill out. She did all the talking and he had the deer in the headlight look.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If this is true, you know the next step will the gobacks will be waived the written test....

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Enjoy the system working (as in they don't get the liscence) I expect next year the state will spend more money it doesn't have to have everything available in Spanish... Or they will hire someone fluent in Spanish to translate... All at taxpayer expense of course.

The truth. Now we, Americans, will provide tutorial lessons for illegal immigrants at a cost of taxpayer $$$$.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If the gov is just going to keep picking and choosing which laws have to be followed in the US then why should we be responsible for any laws we break?

I have a DUI from when I was 22 maybe I should go back and take it to court to get it removed under the grounds that since the Federal Gov can decide which laws they can break and choose to enforce, and certain groups of people are exempt, then I am not culpable for the infraction that broke.

Infact I think every American that has ever been convicted of anything should flood the supreme courts on these grounds.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Personal responsibility is all about doing something cause some one else did right?

Shoot I actually agree with you in principle, just don't get why this is the straw that breaks the camels back when the Gov has been doing this for decades.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What we should do is arrest and deport them, first stripping them of all ill gotten gains they acquired in this country.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Let me guess these poor Mexican nationals can not make the cut so they will keep lowering the standard for them until they do.......ENOUGH ALREADY.

This is what should happen any employer who is caught employing illegals will lose the business permit. All children who are born to illegals do not get citizenship. All illegals who are caught breaking the law can never get citizenship in the future. Illegals can not get any welfare or health care of any kind accept urgent care. Mexican nationals would not be allowed to send money out of the US.

If we do nothing America is going to become a 3rd world country in the next 20 years. Look around this is not the American way or dream.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This same problem happened in Washington D.C. also ....

Illegal immigrants in D.C. fail written driver’s test at 80% rate

Monday, July 14, 2014

Four out of five illegal immigrants seeking driver’s licenses under a new D.C. law have failed a written knowledge test — a rocky start to a program that in its first two months has issued 268 licenses, according to city officials.

The failure rate of 80 percent compares with a 58 percent failure rate for people seeking traditional driver’s licenses, the Department of Motor Vehicles told a D.C. Council committee. In addition, a check of the DMV website this week shows a massive backlog in appointments required to apply for the District’s “limited-purpose license.” The first available date for an illegal immigrant to get an appointment is in March, and more than 6,000 appointments are pending.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Personal responsibility is all about doing something cause some one else did right?

Shoot I actually agree with you in principle, just don't get why this is the straw that breaks the camels back when the Gov has been doing this for decades.

There has to be "the straw".

Look @ Ferguson for example.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Thats just it, its all about the principle of the matter, my point is I wonder if this sort of thing happened and the courts were flooded with lawsuits and requests to nullify judgements if they would reverse their actions........

probably not, but its a nice thought

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Deport em all lol. Before they overrun you.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Use a train system, Can build a train that can deport these people deep into the interior of Mexico

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

A Body Shop is non-existant in Mexico because why fix your car when some drunk is going to re-align your panels at the next town.

Now do they get it?
edit on 5-1-2015 by Granite because: word insert prop

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

A Body Shop is non-existant in Mexico because why fix your scarified some drunk is going to re-align your panels at the next town.

Now do they get it?

umm what?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Not sure if this is everywhere, but here in WA you can take the written test in any language you want. I think they have about 20 different ones on hand,from Tamil to Swahili to Arabic to Espanol. And if they DONT have it on hand they will get a translator.

You should see the f***ing driving here...It's like Moscow and Hong Kong had a baby, and that baby CAN"T READ THE F***ING ROADSIGNS.

Korean Lady once explained "Yield" to my dad: "It means wait for one car then it your turn you go." Perfect.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join