It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Glasgow bin lorry Crash more than meets the Eye?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There are several explanations as to why the driver is being protected..
This is a high profile story with a lot of emotion attached.
This could be just to hide something.. For example the driver was drinking, taking drugs, an illegal immigrant, criminal record's, known criminal.. who knows..
This type of scenario would be more like likley and it will come out eventally.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It is way outside the bounds of normal to withhold simple details like the cause of the crash for 2 weeks when so many lives were impacted. I feel this fact should open up the gates of citizen investigation since the authorities are clearly not going to provide details promptly. Digging for the truth is in no way disrespectful to the victims.

The location, timing and similarities to the French incident are too much to be a coincidence. Sorry to the victims but this incident may very well have terrorist links.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Some things are simply just what they appear to be......not everything is a conspiracy.

A lot of rather insensitive speculation.....but I've got to say the lack of solid information from the authorities is bound to feed these rumours etc.

I can understand the need to keep the drivers identity anonymous - I can't imagine the tortures he must be putting himself through.
If he is indeed of Asian ethnicity some people will believe the accident was intentional regardless of evidence presented, the persons safety would definitely be in danger.
Who knows, maybe it was and the authorities are simply biding their time and collating all the fact etc.

I honestly don't know what course of action the authorities should take - I suspect they'll face criticism from some quarters no matter what they decide to do.

If the driver is entirely innocent, which the official story at present clearly suggests, then I pity the poor driver almost as much as the families of the victims. He will carry an enormous burden of self-guilt for the rest of his life - few people are ever the same in such instances.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
Lots of deaths by bin men in Scotland lately

www.scotsman.com...

A MAN has died after being hit by a bin lorry on a busy city street in Inverness.

The horrific accident involving a man in his 20s happened near a pedestrian crossing outside the Town Hall at 7.30am this morning.

Well that is weird.

I wonder what's wheely bin going on?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

originally posted by: douglas5
Lots of deaths by bin men in Scotland lately

www.scotsman.com...

A MAN has died after being hit by a bin lorry on a busy city street in Inverness.

The horrific accident involving a man in his 20s happened near a pedestrian crossing outside the Town Hall at 7.30am this morning.

Well that is weird.

I wonder what's wheely bin going on?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
In answer to your question, no it is not.

Sometimes REAL tragedies actually happen. I reckon this is one.

Think it`s a bit early and a tad out of taste to be starting conspiracy threads about what happened so soon after.

imho

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: fenian8

I agree however I think we are to find out more about this one yet!

love your avatar btw

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: GERRY041284

It was an accident, plain and simple. If it was some Jihadist attack then he would probably have driven fast across George Square as it would likely have been jam packed with people. There was a thread on here the other day when someone mentioned that when you awaken it is easy to see conspiracy everywhere. This is one of those times.
edit on 6-1-2015 by DrunkYogi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'm having my doubts various things have been popping up relating to this, such as the witnesses saying the driver was slumped over, there's a pic doing the rounds of him sitting normally in the cab, some of the witnesses were supposedly too far away to really see. dailyeuropa.files.wordpress.com... m-96_1419430457070.jpg?w=440

The council's secrecy, I've never known this in my life, train drivers, bus drivers, hell anyone involved in a fatal accident has always been named.

Anyway, maybe we'll never know...

CX

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I've never driven a bin lorry so I wouldn't know, but we were discussing this down the local the other day. Apparently there were two men seen leaping from the truck before it crashed, and the guy was slumped over the wheel.

My question was if there was anything the passengers could have done, like apply the handbrake, steer it somewhere else or any other safety intervention?

One of my mates said he's sure those trucks are automatic and you couldn't have just whales a brake on likevca normal car. No idea myself.

Yes I appreciate that it's not easy stopping a truck that size at speed, but anything would have been better than what happened.

Maybe if the other guys did jump out, they just panicked and chose flight over fight.

Hard to say if we weren't there I guess.

CX.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If it was a terrorist attack, wouldn't the driver have kept on mowing down pedestrians til he was stopped instead of crashing into a wall ?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
This OP is in bad taste.

The condition of the driver has not been "clarified" because the only people who are desperate to know are voyeurs.

Regards

I completely disagree. We should be able to talk about it.

I did not follow the link provided in the OP but there is something i am wondering about ever since this terrible accident.. In my country there are 2 or 3 people in the lorry. One driver and one or two workers who take care of the bins.

Is it the same in Glasgow and if it is then where were/are his co-workers?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Exitt

originally posted by: paraphi
This OP is in bad taste.

The condition of the driver has not been "clarified" because the only people who are desperate to know are voyeurs.

Regards

Is it the same in Glasgow and if it is then where were/are his co-workers?

On Sick leave on full pay with a shut yer mooth clause..?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Crazy to think that this street is one I've personally walked down a few times in the past. Not even that long ago in fact. Anyway, In regards to a conspiracy, I'm not seeing it at all. There's no proof and any I've seen is either purely ridiculous or just a down right lie.

Sad and unfortunate incidents do happen, and this appears to be one. Also, as a Scottish national myself and to the people I've seen making jokes.. Innocent people died here going about their daily lives shopping for loved ones. Its not funny. Maybe I'm being over sensitive by it - I've seen it in other places as well - but I just don't like it, it should stop.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
If it was a terrorist attack, wouldn't the driver have kept on mowing down pedestrians til he was stopped instead of crashing into a wall ?

Ah...maybe hitting the wall stopped him? Hitting Large walls tends to stop vehicles. You do know how long he drove down the sidewalk hitting people before hitting the wall right???
edit on 6-1-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Driver released from Hospital..

It is not known if police have questioned the man, believed to have had a heart attack or seizure at the wheel, before losing control of the bin lorry which careered down a busy Glasgow street for 300 metres hitting Christmas shoppers on December 22. A Police spokesman said: "We would not confirm who we speak to as part of an ongoing inquiry" and a report on the horror crash is expected to be sent to the Crown Office within weeks.

Story here. more pics and video of aftermath inside.

Pic of Lorry before it came to a standstill. Note driver is not slumped as reported.

edit on 7-1-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
On a side note, Here a pic of the Lorry at a standstill. seems like the driver (or someone) gained control enough so as not to damage the front off (Drivers) side of the vehicle...Headlamp still intact at impact point.

Or maybe a impact with the Silver car slowed the lorry enough, as it appears the left hand side light is out or maybe the light was knocked out by a pedestrian. Who Knows, someone does though they aint telling. ??

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: michael1888

Why thank you Michael1888.

Cracking year wasn`t it 1888

COYBIG

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: fenian8
a reply to: michael1888

Why thank you Michael1888.

Cracking year wasn`t it 1888

COYBIG

Nearly as good a 67, but then 12-06-2012 was just awesome. still laughing

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I heard it was the extremist branch of Glasgows waste management division, apparently headed by some geezer called Hamish MacBin-liner

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join