It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God exists and he is truely our enemy...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

all we need is the wachowski brothers and we have the next blockbuster.

Lets make this happen! Can Scarlet So-Hot.son play a part in it?

no, because the point of the story does not include putting johansen on display.
edit on 5-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyliquidx
is an inter-dimensional being

has fear, he fears the possibility of something else evolving to his level because lets say he is not a creator but just a manipulator.

cannot stop living things from occurring because due to statistical probability, living things will pop up and amongst them

What does the great flood, tower of babel, garden of Eden all have in common? The acquisition of knowledge to increase ones own intelligence and greed

he cannot control our creation and can only try to keep us from reaching the heavens

It's almost as if you've combined the roles of God and Satan into one being. The things I've quoted of yours all describe Satan pretty closely. He might be an interdimensional being (demon), he doesn't create but actively manipulates, he cannot personally stop living things from occurring (or personally, physically kill them even), he tries to keep us from the heavens, and he definitely had a direct hand in all 3 of your examples.

The flood occurred because men's hearts were evil continuously, and because supposedly fallen angels (demons, minions of Satan) had children with people and possibly animals (creating "giants" etc).

The tower of babel occurred because Nimrod was evil and was aspiring to be as God. The real truth is, there's no way possibly to build a tower to heaven, and if you'd try, it would fall. His fell, which may or may not have had any Godly interference. The people's tongues changed as the story goes. Maybe people weren't literally thrown to the four corners of the world with all new languages instantly like the story might suggest; maybe the truth is closer to Nimrod's tower falling being the end of a great singular civilization from which many, many groups of humans split from, eventually forming new languages and settling new regions. A schism of sorts.

We all know the story of Eden, that Satan tempted Eve into eating the apple, then Adam. How could Satan take advantage of evil on Earth if no one knew evil? If no one had the knowledge that we do now as modern humans, we wouldn't be capable of the levels of evil in which we are. That was the point, in my opinion, and to get them to disobey a direct order from God, which was more of an instant reward. The fall of mankind afterward would provide rewards to Satan until the last days. Pretty smart entity if you'd ask me.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyliquidx

What does the great flood, tower of babel, garden of Eden all have in common?

Man being destroyed because of sin.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

God knows the possibilities and outcomes of random statistical probability but does not know the precise fact of it happening, does not know if a certain outcome will arise and due to his lack of absolute "omnipotence" may miss some factors from arising.

To this I do agree to a certain extent. He knows all the options and possible outcomes, but it is up to us to make the choice. It is like knowing all the possible combinations to a save-lock. That is how I see it.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: majestic3

Then too me it sounds like Dr who is God

Yup he did reboot the Universe

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If God feared for somebody taking his place we would all be extinct by now. Period. This thread would be a good tale to tell kids if they are naughty!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1

if we are destroyed, something more will take our place in the probability of creation. Only by coming together will we be able to destroy god.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
evolution is a competition

Earth exist in the middle of two extreme worlds we are all part of each one.

In one death rules and often it is the sole mission of a life to grow and perform one single task. recycle

In the other there is no death and life continues on and on and on. cycle

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
If God knows everything... but you know his mind and what he fears... does that make you... God? What level technology you at?

God knows everything except evil.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BushMaster16

god is evil...
he is good...
the omnipotent force i believe has no love, remorse, need as humans do
i am simply stating a possibility which does not hinder my religious beliefs, it is simply an idea to feed a more scientific prescience to god.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
So, the God-Level needs to be blocked? I can understand why it needs to be attained, but why does it need to be blocked?
edit on 6-1-2015 by MidNight sun because: Punctuation

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Do you believe the Bible?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyliquidx

god is evil...
he is good...
the omnipotent force i believe has no love, remorse, need as humans do
i am simply stating a possibility which does not hinder my religious beliefs, it is simply an idea to feed a more scientific prescience to god.

Satan is evil...
God is good... God cannot know evil hence He cannot commit evil nor participate in it.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Are you a biblical believer?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

God cannot know evil

If you believe that Yehoshua was Yahweh in the flesh, then your view is a bit incorrect. Yes, He can not do evil, but He can know it, as illustrated in Mat9:4

"And יהושע, knowing their thoughts, said, “Why do you think wicked thoughts in your hearts?"

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion

God cannot know evil

If you believe that Yehoshua was Yahweh in the flesh, then your view is a bit incorrect. Yes, He can not do evil, but He can know it, as illustrated in Mat9:4

"And יהושע, knowing their thoughts, said, “Why do you think wicked thoughts in your hearts?"

I meant "to know" in a similar sense as when Mary responded to the Angel saying "How can it be - I know not man." In that context - to know is to experience, and/or to participate in. As stated God will not participate in evil. Catholic theology says that God cannot cause, do, or otherwise participate in evil.
edit on 6-1-2015 by BushMaster16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Sorry, I misunderstood. Apologies

(post by deadlyliquidx removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

But none of those religions teach evolution. Just something I wondered about, although new bibles do have the "Gap-theory".

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

It's really a matter of the understanding of men. What is a day to a being that is not within the construct of time? We can say, 4,000 years ago that a day to God must be similiar to 1000 of our years, but this is only in the understanding of one who lived 4,000 years ago.

What we should say, is we don't know what a day is to a being that does not exist within the construct of time, who has existed for eternity, and will continue to exist for eternity.

God created man, in a time frame we have no understanding of. That is all we can say. We are not God, therefore we cannot say how exactly this occurred either. So, we say, this is what God said, and it is not a thing we fully understand because we are human.

It's like the book of Revelation talking about a time where there is a lot of heat on the earth, from our point of view, it would have to be hotter than this for us to consider there is a lot of heat right now, yet, we are sitting at the peak (heat-wise) of a 100,000 year ice age cycle, and beginning to go back downhill right now.

So, from God's point of view is then that time now? Or are we just sticking with what we "think"?

I'd say leave the thinking to God and decide that we don't know everything. We can be wrong about how we think, or what we think, simply because we are not God.
edit on 6-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join