It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonic Boom!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm sure these have been posted before.

But they are still neat to watch.

Boom!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The guy in the video when the camera follows the Jet looks disappointed, like he was expecting it to be so much better.

Awesome video mate

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Yah, Baby…

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Definitely fun to watch! Thanks!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
thats awsome,

I was in San Francisco, one year for the fleet week blue angles show, and as astounding as the super sonic bay level pass was, i was more impressed by the just subsonic pass down one of the main thouroghfares, in downtown, at 3d floor level, and then there was the outside loop around the GG bridge.

Back to the supersonic thing, when syria invaded the golan heights in the early eighties, i remeber watching a news cast of Israeli fighters making supersonic passes at less than fifty feet, along a ridge top as syrian infantry come over the top.
The wing wash sent peope and small vehicles flying like something out of a video game.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Those are vapor cones which do not need the aircraft to break the sound barrier.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bhaal
Those are vapor cones which do not need the aircraft to break the sound barrier.

Keerect! You can get a Prandl-Glauert singularity at less than Mach 1. They are cool though.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Damn, bhaal and Bedlam beat me to it.

Agreed that they aren't breaking the sound barrier, however they would be getting pretty close. Prandl-Glauert clouds/vapor cones form very easily at low level and especially above water when you are approaching Mach 1. Most of them are probably doing M.95-.97. I did notice in the video posted by intrptr that the last aircraft shown did appear to exhibit a double bang as it passed so who knows, maybe he pushed it a little too hard?

One of the contributors on here (I forget who) posted some very nice pics he took of the Blue Angels doing a display over San Francisco harbour a few years back with some close ups that appeared to show shock waves beginning to form while at very low level above the water.

Pilots, don't push it past Mach1 because it can blow out windows and cause all sorts of havoc that tends to cause base commanders and squadron leaders to go purple in the face with rage and insert their shoes in the fighter jocks as*!

LEE.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Arguably the most hated B-2 picture ever, since this is what led to the whole "B-2s use antigravity" crap.

Nice pic of a "supersonic" P-3.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Nice pic of a "supersonic" P-3.

HA!!11! This is a giveaway!!1!! The prop ISN'T EVEN TURNING. Obviously, this is an anti-gravity plane.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

You know I hate you most days right?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian
Edit to my last post. I just found the thread with the pics I was referring to. It was in late 2007 (where did all the time go?). It actually wasn't shot by the OP but the photographer kindly provided permission to use them. Some interesting shots in there. Follow the link to see more.
Blue Angels on the deck at San Fran

LEE.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You notice they FORGOT THE TAIL!!11!! It's probably a hologram over a flying saucer!!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Since we have these anti grav flying saucer P-3s, why do we need the F-35? It's gun doesn't even work. What a POS.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

I know, right? I mean how are they going to make other planes suddenly blow up like in Hollywood movies without a gun!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Yep. Definitely hate.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Employ Tom Cruise as a fighter pilot. He can blow them up with just a steely look!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Here is a story that always made me laugh reading it. The entire page is interesting but for the story scroll about halfway down to the title in yellow "First through the sound barrier".

Prior to heading back to North American to brief the engineers, George telephoned Millie Palmer. Excitedly, Millie related that a terribly loud ba-boom had nearly blown her out of bed. The time was noted and it corresponded to George’s dive. “Pancho”, Millie related, “is really pissed. You know how she feels about Yeager.” Apparently, Pancho claimed the boom was a result of mining operations going on 30 miles away to the north. Of course, no one had previously heard any mining explosions, nor could that account for rattling windows only on the east facing side of the Fly Inn. Welch chuckled and swore Millie to secrecy.

First through the Sound Barrier

Here is a nice one but its quick, obviously
You might need to turn the volume up some though.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Lol! That P3 must be maxed out near it's top speed of 470mph...absolutely DESTROYING THE SOUND BARRIER

LMFAO

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
These pics always makes me happy

Cessna sonic boom
747 sonic boom

top topics

join