It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urban Outfitters Ordered to Remove Outrageous Thigh Gap Picture on Their UK Website

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yes. Now photos of thigh gaps are "harmful" and "iiresponsible."

Urban Outfitters was ordered by the UK thought police to remove an image of a model because the size of the gap between her thighs was too large.

Irresponsibly large. Yes, irresponsibly large thing gaps are a serious public issue these days.

But not just irresponsible. The photo of a too-large thigh gap is also harmful.

Yep. We can't show photos of women who are too skinny. And we can't drink 32 oz Cokes or eat normal meals during lunch at school because well... that will make everybody too fat. We have to conform to what our government tells us is proper. Thank God we will be protected from our own inability to manage our own lives.

The most chilling part of this new era of thought police?

Source

Yes, we now live in a world where bureaucrats will measure the gap between your thighs, determine if that gap is the appropriate size, and then force 3rd party search engine companies like Google to ban you from search results if your thigh gap size is irresponsibly harmful.

Be careful what you post on ATS. The British thought police may find it harmful and irresponsible, and force it to be removed.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
near naked women ads are a public risk

Moscow Boob Ads Cause 517 Car Accidents in 24 Hours
edit on 5-1-2015 by Indigent because: dunno why but i always put DDs when i can, its a sickness

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Now it's only advertisements, soon you'll have police on the street equipped with tape measures. Offending thigh gaps will be affixed with a restrictive device to keep the legs closed. Wake up people!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
So.......anyone have the pic of the irresponsible thigh gap to put up?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
So.......anyone have the pic of the irresponsible thigh gap to put up?
If you follow Jamie's source, it'll show you.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Well the knickers are very nice, gap or no gap! Quite a sexy yet classy design.

A style I would say looked very nice.

I don't get all this fuss about body parts and Victorian shame. What's wrong with a woman's more intimate regions? There are all different kinds of body shapes. Why the obsession with body image?

I better go and flog myself now. I must supress all wicked thoughts until I'm so pent up it bursts out like an explosion of weirdness!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I wonder if they would have a problem with some store that caters to plus-size women posting photos of women that are overweight?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Meh. I'm more of a satin kind of guy.
Funny thing the little differences UK vs. US...over here, social media would have taken care of it, if enough people complained. Kinda like the play-doh toy that parents thought looked too much like a penis for people that see penises everywhere and are fearful of them.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
While I fully agree that the over-policing of EVERYTHING has got to stop.... I do wish companies would use more realistic looking women (and men) in their ads. It doesn't bother a lot of people, but there are a lot of people who really react to ads like that. They try to achieve the "perfect" body and gain health and mental issues during the process. It's interesting how much MSM can affect our own ideas and beliefs.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Meh. I'm more of a satin kind of guy.
Funny thing the little differences UK vs. US...over here, social media would have taken care of it, if enough people complained. Kinda like the play-doh toy that parents thought looked too much like a penis for people that see penises everywhere and are fearful of them.

Now I see a penis in your avatar.
Great.
Thanks a lot.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The Aviator Mammaries

LOL.

They should higher Howard Hughes guy.
edit on 5-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Yes ladies, if your thighs do not rub together with every step, you're dangerously and irresponsibly underweight. God forbid everyone not be a revolting blob.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: alishainwonderland
While I fully agree that the over-policing of EVERYTHING has got to stop.... I do wish companies would use more realistic looking women (and men) in their ads. It doesn't bother a lot of people, but there are a lot of people who really react to ads like that. They try to achieve the "perfect" body and gain health and mental issues during the process. It's interesting how much MSM can affect our own ideas and beliefs.

It's probably a better idea to be responsible for our own thoughts and beliefs, rather than delegate that responsibility to unelected government bureaucrats.

Plus, why the attack on thin women? Why are bureaucrats obsessing over the gap between a woman's thighs? Isn't that body shaming itself, the very thing they're claiming to protect us against?

We can't make fat people feel bad about their bodies so we ban using skinny girls in ads.

edit on 5-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The After photo is much more asthetically pleasing, I'm not too keen on the anorexia look, those knees just look too thin and boney, but then again as a 36 year old male with a beer belly I'm not their target audience. I do think advertisers should be responsible, promoting an anorexic look is pretty irresponsible, there's no need for it and generally makes girls/ women more conscious of their weight.
edit on 5-1-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thats a bad shop of the poor woman but hardly the first, go to the psdisasters website and you'll see all sorts of things that'll make you go hmmm..how has he got 3 hands and she's got 4 feet etc

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Meh....I mean should they be regulating this stuff, probably not. Having said that I actually prefer the second picture. It is sexier in my humble opinion. The first picture is an obvious photo-shop job. Just look at it closely. Its very easy to spot. So to reiterate. No to government regulation of thigh gaps. No to photo-shopping models to look like concentration camp survivors. So a hardy meh all around.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: alishainwonderland

Do you think that this "perfect" body is propagated by men or women?

Is it women who are putting the pressure on themselves or are men dictating to women what their ideal of the perfect body is?

The current ideal of "perfect" is really totally contrary to what is natural for women. It is squeezing women quite literally into an unrealistic shape. I guess this has always gone on in history; head binding, feet binding, neck lengthening, on and on.

Also, the perfect body for whom? The perfect body in which era?

As a guy, the most positive thing I can do is to not put the pressure on. I'm happy with the diversity that nature presents us with, that is beautiful enough for me.

edit on 5-1-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: spelling.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I don't know if they should be regulating this stuff..but, I remember reading an article about this and how it is THE in thing and a lot of women are obsessed with this, they have to have that gap....not everyone can have a thigh gap even if they are skinny...depends on the body shape and build, fat distribution...

the article was scary, it was like this was the measure and they were a total fail if they didn't have the gap

edit on 5-1-2015 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Here ya go!

www.refinery29.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Is that 1st image from the actual ad?
Only saying as it's a really crappy Photoshop job, look at the pixelation down the legs and colour difference at the top of the thighs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join