It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO ejects orb over South California

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
a reply to: Violater1

Yes it does mate, about the 11 second mark, it's quite faint but its there. I watched it on a big screen for better viewing.

OK, I saw at approx 9 seconds, the camera man turns the camera back towards the building. In the middle of the frame at 10 seconds, the white dot appears in the middle and then travels to the left of the screen.
IMHO, I still think it's fake.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
People who have never seen a UFO will think anything is fake. People who have witnessed real orbs in real life will not think this video is fake. So being a hoaxer gains nothing. Believing is seeing in real life in person. Even if you are a person who is a non believer, seeing a UFO(s) in person will take years to really grasp mentally. Based on our society's notions.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
So being a hoaxer gains nothing.

Go ahead, click and watch the OPs video again. Yes, go ahead and wait for the advertisement to stop playing first. You know the advertisement that the hoax uploader had to first allow, and link to his bank account so he can get paid when you watch his video.

1.2 million views on that video so far... the hoaxer may have laughed all the way to the bank with more than $1000.00...

Gained nothing? I think not.
edit on 8-1-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Well...i want my cut

Thanks for the extensive explanation. Some of the things sound almost understandable even to me

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
so this has been proven a hoax?
can someone quickly resume the reason? I was working hard didn't have time to follow this thread as much as I wound have liked to...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Logiciel

the explanation is linked in your OP...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

thx Mario.
So WeAreOne is the debunker. I guess his expertise has been verified.
If this is proven to be a hoax well I'm ******.
A border has been crossed where hoaxes are really becoming ultra-realistic. Might as well just forget about my little UFO sweet tooth.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I am not sure whether I would agree with the debunker re: banding compression artifacts.

It is my opinion that banding compression artifacts depend on the color shades/fading in question, it doesn't matter whether the shading (say, the sky) is an image or a real view of the sky. So I am unsure whether I would agree with this particular way of debunking.

BUT...this is not even needed since there are other, less complex ways to debunk the video.

One of the most obvious and easy to see is that this footage is in no way shot on a cell-phone but 99% likelihood using a stand...or CGI (fake) pans and zooms. There is simply no way to get those smooth pans and zooms on a phone. Aside from 100 other indications that it's fake, but we already covered them.
edit on 1/8/2015 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

thanks

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
People who have never seen a UFO will think anything is fake. People who have witnessed real orbs in real life will not think this video is fake.

Of course we have subjective opinions about things. But the honest truth is we can't really trust our own observations. That's why we try to use empirical evidence to sort it out. We can still choose to believe something without good objective evidence. It all depends on what kind of "truth" you're looking for.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Just an update...

TheHoaxKiller has made his comments on this video:

He also mentions that the video uploader changed his name from "Ken Roberts" to "UFO Viral Videos". Go figure.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So what. This was another hoax? We sure got a lot of people spending all kinds of time and effort to put a hoax on video so people will do what? Ah! Now a days I suppose you can even have video of the president shaking hands with a gray and it will debunked as cgi in a few minutes, even if it was real, nobody would know the difference with today's technology. It could all be done.

This one is still my favorite.

And this one is like a short culmination of pretty much all vids that have been argued about here on ATS the past few years, I still remember the long as hell thread on the one with the creature in the sewers.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
For what it’s worth, I’ll make 1 last post on this subject. I’ve gotta admit, though, it’s been a fun read.

In my previous posts I stated that I have twice witnessed what looked exactly like what’s in this vid, excluding the orb. And what I saw were confirmed rocket launches from Vandenberg AFB. I see them all the time, but they usually take a much more vertical ascent. Sometimes, however, depending on the orbital parameters, the launch is not vertical and rocket can be seen racing across the sky. This vid looked exactly like the others I saw. People living anywhere from Santa Barbara to Redondo Beach see the contrails from these rockets frequently. Other than the orb, there was nothing that unusual about this vid. I think I read that the vid was taken around the Santa Barbara area.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t notice a date anywhere indicating when the video was made. All I’ve read is that it was around 7 PM. Taking a longshot here, I found an article in the Santa Barbara Independent newspaper Jan 11 Edition regarding a Dec 15, 2014 launch from Vandenberg of an Atlas V Rocket at 7:19 PM. The article described the launch as “The Atlas V rocket, with its four solid rocket boosters and a new second stage engine design, produced around 2 million pounds of thrust that rumbled through Santa Barbara and lit the evening sky.” You can read the full article HERE if you wish.

That’s my final 2 cents. Except for the orb, I don’t think it’s faked...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join