It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO ejects orb over South California

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

I have been thinking about this one. If you follow the "orb", you notice it moves past any point of reference as if it was moving away from the main streak. I keep thinking an ejection if the object was spinning out of control, but that seems so unlikely. I would expect an ejection to shoot away, then kind of stop in order for the chute to open. (That's not the type of thing I would expect someone to live through either.)

Fantastic footage and thought provoking to say the least.

Making into some MSM sources.
sploid.gizmodo.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I just want to say something about the comments regarding this object travelling too slowly to be a meteor/fireball...
A couple of years back (or longer...?) I was outside my back door doing something or other and I noticed a fireball travelling across the sky. I became quite excited as I have never seen an actual fireball! Many meteorites, but never a fireball. Anyhoo - I yelled at my wife and daughter to come outside and check it out, and they both had enough time to come outside and see it for themselves. Now I'm sure this thing was going several times mach speed, but it took enough time to travel 1/4 the way across the sky (as my roofline was blocking part the view) that they were able to get outside and see it...I'm going to guess it was at least 30 seconds of watching before it disappeared from view behind some trees.
I'm just saying that it doesn't have to zip from horizon to horizon in a couple of seconds for it to be a fireball.

Having said all that, this video does seem suspicious to me. Too many odd things as everyone else has already pointed out.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Strangely I came across a still of this video on an image hosting site (imgur) with a link to the original uploaded video. At that point there was only 1 visible comment from mister enigma saying something along the lines of "contact me immediately I have an offer for you" the comments counter actually said there were 80 odd comments but strangely I could only see the one.

Of course my next step was here but the video had already Been posted for a few hours. This was sometime between 1900 and 2100 gmt on Monday evening.

I have no idea what is but I found it in a strange manner, maybe it is way to generate hits by spamming popular sites like the one mentioned previously.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This has indeed sparked my curiosity. I second the possibility of the object that is ejected being a kind of escape pod, but what surprises is that, if it was ejected, wouldn't it have greater speed? And if the main object was really an alien spacecraft, assuming that aliens have the potency to travel interstellar-wise, why don't they have a sort of auto reparation technology? Some kind of cloaking abilities to keep it from being seen? I suppose that if extraterrestrials haven't come out and met us yet, it's because of their wanting to be hidden? My best theory on this is that the ETs wish to let our species evolve and learn before coming out to meet us- our civilization is rather young, in comparison to the extraterrestrials that've been seen orbiting our world.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Looks like we can add this to the HOAX bin. www.ufo-blogger.com...

According to Monash University's Dr Michael Brown who lectures in physics and astronomy said, released UFO has very constant brightness and moves very smoothly.

Dr Brown also noted that the uploader had only posted one other video, which showed ordinary seagulls, two hours before he posted the "UFO".

"He supposedly recorded a UFO video during the evening, coincidently same day he created a YouTube account, but he first liked things and uploaded a video of seagulls, and only hours later uploaded his video of a crashing UFO."

While Dr Brown did concede that seagulls can be mesmerising in themselves, he said the timeline was another sign that the video was a hoax.

"If you saw a crashing UFO, wouldn’t you upload it ASAP?" he asked.

edit on 6-1-2015 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Uhh, ya know, I seem to recall posting a rather succinct version of that rationale www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Very interesting piece of video. I'm no metallurgist but in most meteor vids I've seen the colors of the flames change as different minerals and chemicals in its composition burn off. Most elements burn at different spectrum's of visible light. This object seems to be consistent in its burn trail and makes me wonder as to what its composition is. Also the same applies to the orb it pooped out.
edit on 6-1-2015 by cprnicus because: after thought.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

I know he doesn't have to be the one to do the convincing but not exactly the greatest argument for hoax i've ever heard.

Doctor and physics lecturer but his debunking rationale makes no scientific comment.

For all the debate, i've not seen anyone able to adequately debunk this so far.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Move Along Folks Nothing to See Here!

It just one of these that's been around since the 1920s and 30s !

Mystery of the glowing orb: Bizarre fireball that splits in two could be a meteorite burning up in Earth's atmosphere

Strange fireball was spotted by commuter Ken Roberts as he drove home
American Meteor Society received 1,500 fireball sightings in the past week
UFO experts say the bright orb flying in the opposite direction is 'peculiar'
Sighting has sparked speculation that it may be a UFO or aircraft crashing
Fireball may have also been a meteorite breaking apart in the atmosphere

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ilmed-flying-fireball-California.html#ixzz3O4fyQ8Bs
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.dailymail.co.uk... ilmed-flying-fireball-California.html

in another NOTE!

UFO Intercepts and Hits the Meteor That Fell in Russia
www.youtube.com...

Breaking : UFO seen after Meteor Blast in Russia Nov 2014
www.youtube.com...

Real Ufo Destroys Meteor 2014
www.youtube.com...

So I guess UFOs like Meteor's Playing a Real to Life Atari Game Called (Asteroids)!
Saving man Kind ! LOL...

Orbs been known Since Man Could Grab a Piece of Charcoal ! and Drew them (Orbs) on a Cave Wall...

1561 celestial phenomenon over Nuremberg
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I was going to say meteor, but that thing then shot out in the other direction. That was no meteor.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
a reply to: Logiciel

The 'ejection' definitely looks like cgi,maybe it was added post production.

Why didn't the guy filming it attempt to either follow the ejection or the main object with the camera?

Well when things are not what they should be and you are filming this event you only have seconds for your brain to guide your hands and eyes.

Have you ever been witness to a car accident? They happen so fast but compared to this event a car crash would be like the tortoise and the hare race.
Also throw in the "awe" factor which would confuse anyone mightily.

Just my thoughts on your very good question.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

Who knows. Looks like a noob w.e hes doing anyways.

Looks like a noob? With them CGI skills?

if he's a noob and he made this, we could all make this, I'm not a noob and I'm not
even sure where I'd start let alone get a perfect blend.

As for the other posters who are obviously harrassing the guy, what do you expect him to do when
the 'Orb' breaks off. Say "WOOOOOW" etc.

If I filmed this on my own, I'd probably be silent, absolutely silent.

I love how some think its fake purely based on it's title, talk about idiots.

Gotta love the try hard debunkers.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Comments and likes disabled is a give away. CGI.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Logiciel

It doesn't look like any plane to me. A meteor
or comet could make such a large plume, however
they would come into the atmosphere at thousands
and thousands of miles per hour; this appears to be
moving about the speed of an airplane, but not at all
looking like an airplane.

Also with a meteor or comet that close, you would
expect to see lot's and lot's of smoke behind it if it
was indeed traveling that slowly which they wouldn't.

So, It's definitely a UFO. I have no idea what it is,
or the thing that appeared to fly out of the middle
of it.

Rebel 5

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
Looks like we can add this to the HOAX bin. www.ufo-blogger.com...

According to Monash University's Dr Michael Brown who lectures in physics and astronomy said, released UFO has very constant brightness and moves very smoothly.

Dr Brown also noted that the uploader had only posted one other video, which showed ordinary seagulls, two hours before he posted the "UFO".

"He supposedly recorded a UFO video during the evening, coincidently same day he created a YouTube account, but he first liked things and uploaded a video of seagulls, and only hours later uploaded his video of a crashing UFO."

While Dr Brown did concede that seagulls can be mesmerising in themselves, he said the timeline was another sign that the video was a hoax.

"If you saw a crashing UFO, wouldn’t you upload it ASAP?" he asked.

Just wondering, I have never used YouTube, if I had a video I thought was worth sharing I may upload another and try it first along with learning how the whole system works. Could this be a possibility?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morg234

I really don't think its a give away at all.
Maybe we should wait a while and see if someone else videoed the same sighting.
Someone must have seen it.....look at the meteor in Russia...loads of footage. Although I know there was a few from dash-cam footage.

It looks genuine to me....but I`ve been fooled for decades !

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morg234

Just wondering, does anyone turn them off because they know many are going to call them a liar and they prefer not to have all that stress? I think i would since I have seen how it can be on ATS.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The plume looks authentic enough, though the cheesy looking"orb" is post production. Another digi-plonker wanting to big up the résumé with the oxygen of publicity.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I said meteor. But yeah, no, it's not.

Colour me intrigued. I'll keep an eye on this. Thanks for posting!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
My husband and I saw this too. Thing is we were in a car in Alabama. It looked like whatever it was was going to crash near us. Imagine my surprise to see it made it all the way to California. The object that separated from it looked to take off up into the sky until it was as small as a star. Glad to see picture as we had no time to get camera.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join