It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO ejects orb over South California

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Definitely plausable and to even contradict an earlier comment of mine, maybe someone exposed him on the comment section, then he disabled the comments.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man
How about..
Ken R films something amazing. His kids tell him to put it on Youtube.
Mister E notices the hits and offers Ken R some money to add to his channel?
Closes comments so Mister E can deal with the Youtube pseudo experts.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

i suspect mister e spends a lot of time looking to be the first to get new material - quantity over quality though

either scenario seems possible, or maybe something else

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Logiciel

If you don't mind me asking, how did you come across this video so soon after it was uploaded? At the moment, the uploaders page says this vid was uploaded 12 hours ago. That's around 4 am PST, and this thread was posted at 9:29 PST.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: alldaylong

really ok, no problem! haha

Or they could be toy drones.
My grandkids fly theirs in the dark....very similar but not as high.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Playing this over a few times, I noticed as the object comes to the telephone pole that it actually notches the pole as it starts to go behind the pole and as it reappears on the other side of pole. It doesn't look right for something that is passing behind the pole. It took me a few plays to catch it but it's very noticeable. Can someone freeze those frames and post them?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
OK here

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I take any video into question that doesn't allow me to comment or rate...

The camera pan when the orb breaks off looks unnatural... Just my observations.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Here's a zoomed-in and stabilized animated GIF of the "orb" object.

It appears to be spinning -- supporting the notion that it might be a chunk of the original object (being a mundane meteor) that exploded in the heat of entry.

I have to say that the footage still looks genuine (despite my suspicions about the poster), for example how the object scintillates exactly how you would see it when you look at a far object through a telescope or zoom camera lens.
IF it is a fake, CGI...it is *very* well done to look genuine.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

What would you do?

If I *saw* something like that I would ignore any negative comments and tell them "kiss my a$$", to be honest.
Because what I saw I saw, regardless of what someone else says. I would not have a reason to feel threatened by negative comments or skeptical questions...because the skeptical questions would not change what I saw. Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Here are my personal red-flags:

* Video is titled "UFO crashing [...]". Why? How? We don't know what it is, neither does the video poster.

* Poster seems to pretend he wants to know whether someone else saw it, but doesn't give ANY information whatsoever when it was filmed and exactly where. A genuine poster who saw something like this and who would want to know whether people saw it too would add lots of information, like date, time, exact location. Worse, the footage is really worthless without a date since, yes, it could've been a burned up rocket or SpaceX burning up. Without a date, footage could've been taken 10 years ago for what it's worth.

* No one else saw it?

* Why not submit such an exciting sighting to news, ABC, CNN whatever?

* Poster is not a "legit" Youtube account, instead signed up the same day he posted the vid. Within an hour or two of posting he has a deal with some UFO Youtube channel person.

While the last point alone might not be very suspicious (someone seeing this could have never bothered to sign up with YT before, possible)...it's the sum of all the above things which make it suspicious.

For me it doesn't look like a legit person who is truly excited and looks for more witnesses of the event, in fact it looks more like a person who wants to hide something. Which is ironic since the footage ITSELF is decent.
edit on 1/6/2015 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

Here's something to think about. Not everyone uploads videos to youtube. I think I once had a youtube account years ago. He very well could have just opened an account specifically for this video. There's a link in this thread on one of the other pages of a news report about being flooded with calls and emails about an object in the sky. Another thing to think about perhaps this person did not put up location etc etc so they would not be flooded with questions about it.
edit on 6-1-2015 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
OK here

This is the "blooming effect". It happens when saturated light coming from any bright light source produce excessive charge emitted from the concerned pixels that overflew to the nearby pixels.

This is typical of CCD sensor. The difference with CMOS sensor is perfectly illustrated here:

In other words, under conditions where a CCD is exposed to very high intensity illumination, it is possible to exhaust the storage capacity of the CCD wells, and a condition known as blooming occurs. When this occurs, excess charge will overflow into adjacent CCD photodiode wells, resulting in a corrupted image near the blooming site. Some CCD sensors have built-in Anti-Blooming Gate design for prevent this kind problem.

This effect is particularly visible in contrasted areas, like these in the pole/background sky in the video. The effect occurs as well in the sky surrounding the "ufo/meteor/whatever", but can not be observed as well as around the black pole. So, in reality, the trail of the object is likely to be thinner than it appears.

Can not be a proof of anything, in the hoax hypothesis. Moreover, this effect can be created using post-process softwares and is commonly used in video games.

In Halo 3 (very exaggerated):

edit on 6-1-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Logiciel

beat me too it lol. i hit post 20 ago and my internet is lagging..interesting video to say the least..interesting how it coincides with the meteor shower though

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: aynock

if the feedback he got was of the usual youtube standard i can't say i blame him for shutting down comments

The last time I checked before he closed the comments down there were 2 comments , one from me asking where and when it was filmed and one from Mr Enigma.
I'm more inclined to go with the theory that this is a well played Hoax as time goes by without any other reports or footage of the object.
According to Open Minds the meteor reported on the news happened on Saturday 3rd Jan and the reports were from Northern California.

edit on 6-1-2015 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

simple: I'm not PST. I live in France... good side of jetlag I guess.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

thanks for the info - i'd still rather not condemn the uploader as a hoaxer just yet - his actions might be reasonable from his point of view - certainly a full story would be less suspicious

most likely scenario at the moment for me is doctored footage of a meteor - however why did he pan right? - quick thinking if it was because he was planning on puttting some cgi in

edit on 6-1-2015 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Appears too slow to be a meteor. Trail more like water vapor than smoke, as smoke would not dissipate that quickly...
The head of it is not much brighter than the entire display, so it does not appear to be ablating due to heat.

Object seems to be rotating and creating a vortex in the tail. Whatever that orb was that was ejected had way to much energy to be something that broke away from it and there was no explosion, or that would have left a marker as well, and the orb leaves no trail.

Without that shoot off of an orb, you might say space junk of some kind or a chunk of ice?

The wildest speculation would be that the orb thingy was guiding it down and then just took off. Hard to believe something like that, but the whole thing is a super mystery, so why not?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

but the whole thing is a super mystery, so why not?

Because it seems there were no other witnesses , there was no space junk expected to reenter , there are no reports of unexpected junk reentry , there are no UFO reports that match for south California , there's no date and location for the sighting , the uploader of the video asks the question "did anyone else see it " and then closes comments for the video when only two posters commented.

Something of that size would have been seen by others and reported by local news at least , unless it only existed on the youtube uploaders computer before it was unleashed.

For me there are too many red flags attached to this video and it's looking like it's just another Hoax.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Guten Morgen- This is a test, the object(s) You've seen are either one of 3 possibles:

#1) The object that is described as an 'orb' is a new defense system being tested and has been under the testing stages for the last few years. Due to 'more than a few' test pilots either crashing or coming back from test flights unable to fly after rigorous punishment to their bodies, shoulders and backs from the initial ejection of the 'orb' the system being tested is now deployed from rockets. The rocket gets fired laterally so all the Brass; Contractors: system engineers can SEE the actual test, as most rockets are fired "up" or at an angle for the flight arc..

#2) It was Jesus on His way back but en route He changed His mind...

#3) Uh.... er.....

Is the "SoCal" used in this video short for Southern California? Last report there were a whole bunch of folks living in that area and depending on which news source You use, many more 1,000's dying to get in and use up all our resources.. Were all the residents of SoCal returning all the crappy gifts? inside watching football?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join