It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps its really time for a HUGE change

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Personally I think it all evens out in the long run, I understand your costs involving heath care but as other Canadians have posted on your thread it is a very taxing country.

Sure our wages might be higher in some sectors but our taxes are unforgiving to say it nicely. Our energy costs are sky high because of the taxes and the very big "Green Energy" Push going on at the moment. Let me tell you our gas prices are out of the world and we are energy wise self sufficient. They tax you left and right big time too we are not talking a small amount here.
Texas alone has more people than all of Canada but yet we are a huge sized country that would hold probably 20 states the size of Texas yet only a mere 26 million souls pay the rent here.

I can relate to your worries about the health care costs in the USA. I will be honest I had a couple of major issues last year and if we did not have our blessed government heath care coverage at the time we were doomed financially.

I can only guess at the cost but I would put it at about a million if we lived in the States, that said I can understand your fears and I think they are correct concerns for sure.

Sometime the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.....other times not so much.
If you are curious just hit my profile and look under "ICD" implant or just look at the medical forum.

I wish you all the best whatever you decide to do.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: coop039

I'm retired and thinking of leaving. But I want to go where it is warm. A latin American country is the ticket for me. I need a place where my money will go further so I don't have to scrape every penny or peso. any suggestions people? I'm still open for them.

Costa Rica .. reasonable cost of living .. warm most of year ( it can get cool during rain season ) enlish fairly common .. beautiful scenery .. havent been there in years but doubt its changed much ..

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I have been reading about Costa Rico and it does look inticing. Also been looking at Panama.Its hard to make up my mind really,but yet I do need to come to some sort of consensus and pretty soon too. Any and all help is appreciated.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Theres also a sizeable group of retiree's living in costa rica and bit easier to get residency visa there ..
panama bit leery of due higher crime there and have my doubts about the panamanian government .. far more corrupt than costa rica ..

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Will be reading up more on Costa Rica tonight to see what the cost of living is there( due to my disability, I had to burn through my 401k to survive until I get my SSD,sucks but the government is determined to strip you of everything first). So now I have my SSD which is the max amount you can get for my level of income to live off of till I die. So I have to go where my money will stretch pretty well. I have arthritis so cold climates aren't working for me (live in Missouri currently and boy does this cold hurt). So warm climes,money goes far,and I'm not afraid to step out my door works well. Please keep any and all info coming. Thanks

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

The American Dream isn't dead, You just have to go to South or Central America to obtain it.. "They" changed the rules. It once was: go to college to get a good job. Now when You graduate You get saddled w/debt and more debt. And the jobs if You can find one, will only be for 30 hours so the company won't have to provide insurance (see Walmart™)

Uruguay 22-1 exchange rate, look at what an apartment rents for in Montevideo (The Capital city) If I didn't have familial ties I'd been gone a long time ago. You have Brazil right next door, the Gov't. participates in the sales of cannabis

Edit: See if central Flori-Duh would suit You.. the zip code of 34450 Plenty of jobs around here. Look at "job opportunities"
avantecenters.com.

That is if You want to stay in the US. It is currently 71º out on My deck/dock.
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: added job listing.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I've been thinking about relocating to a monastery somewhere. Any suggestions?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join