It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A moment of truth: I am afraid for my life from you, your wife and your kids --at all times.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

He was not a "threat" to the cop other than maybe his job, and even then only if the LEO was doing something wrong. You know, like the police say to you when they want to search you or your belongings, "If you got nothing to hide, you got nothing to worry about.".
edit on 7-1-2015 by regor77 because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Things look like they may be getting worse I mean just wow. . . .

I once had a dream cops lined people up searched them and checked ID at random on the streets like lines of 100s of people showing IDs and papers, was pretty uncomfortable to say the least.

As to filming the cops and getting arrested, I wouldnt reccomend doing it as they are starting to lash back at those filming them and appear to be above the law in most cases. I remember watching a vid of them arresting a guy for filming them then shot his dog.

People get shot trying to show thier ID these days, its pathetic and sad to say the least.

There are a few options available to citizens that may help these situations, but until you replace the bad cops with good cops none of that will matter.
Giving them non lethal weapons would be a good start, but they could still beat people to death.
The police shouldnt be allowed to kill anyone ever.
Police should not be judge, jury, and executioner. . . However they are its pretty sad.
I think more government police survalience is also the answer, as well as 24 hour survalience.
Everything they do should be up for judgement wether on or off the clock, especially the internet pages they look at. We need to really figure out who are cops are and what they are thinking about for an accurate psychological profile.

I think a brain machine interface emotive like helmet would solve all the problems and would give 100% certainty that the police are doing thier jobs correctly, moniter thier vital signs so when they lie its instantly known.

May be a good time to move to another country where the police dont beat, arrest, and shoot the citizens as often as they do in the USA.
Yes there are crooked cops, but there are good cops too, we need less bad and more good.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
source material

In the process of heroing the bystander videotaping, the LEO openly declares his legal right to execute the bystander, his wife and children. That's what he did. Heroes don't joke around. I'll quote it for you.

Citizen: I'm afraid for my life and the lives of my family.
LEO: We'll I'm afraid for my life from you, your wife and your children -at all times.

That statement is not a declaration of his right to execute anybody.

---

He said, "I'm afraid for MY life from YOU...."

No he was afraid d of being recorded. That should have been obvious.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Seems to me in a culture where surveillance has been deemed necessary to prevent crime, that the "hero's" would welcome the help !

It's truly horrible those 2 police officers were murdered in NY, and I fear all that evil fool accomplished was to increase the tensions between the public and the police. Unfortunately too many police officers are blaming the public's recording them as the cause of the increasingly poor public perception of them. In this cops mind, I guess he believes it puts him in danger, what a mess.....

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
whats a leo

i often feel ATS's members take for granted that this forum is all-american, when in fact there are MANY here from all over the world, and I feel personally a bit excluded and left-out when I read something that clearly only Americans understand... And it saddens me ;(

this topic and the word LEO is obviously just an example, but it happens almost one time every time I browse the forums, I read a thread, comment, or something like that - that clearly reads as if though the writer is fully and absolutely not aware that there are non-americans on here.

please dont take it the wrong way im not being bashful or hateful, im just expressing that it makes me a little bit sad.
Also alot of abreviations of States for example... I know many of them but not all, and when out of context it can often confuse me alot.

Im not saying you should change the way you type because of me, of course not -
but please , (not you OP, noone in general, really) keep in mind that people all over the world read ATS and might not understand everything you guys in US take for granted

sorry for offtopic.

edit on 7-1-2015 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

No offense but we are talking about an American issue in America using American terminology. I get your point and would not look down on anyone asking for clarification on the meaning of an abbreviation as I run into new ones all the time. It took me a long time to decipher YOLO and DILLIGAF.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. It means Law Enforcement Officer.
edit on 7-1-2015 by regor77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

Yeah, because the police are never in danger from scum of the earth. Never.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

When I played full contact sports I was in danger to some degree knowing the risk involved. Boxers anticipate getting "hit"

Every time I get in my car I am in danger of being hit by a bad driver or even a drunk driver. However I dont run people over or run people off the road "in fear of my life"

When police are hired they are given a lot of responsibility. They are entrusted by the employer "the citizenry" to shoot only when there are no other options. That means when a suspect is armed and pointing a weapon at the officer in a threatening matter.And tazers are assigned to be used when there is a physical altercation. Guess what they rather use in a physical altercation ?

Deadly force , increasing exponentially

What it does not entail is killing unarmed citizens simply because they are insubordinate , unruly , disenchanted , disgruntled , drunk , annoying , rude or if the officer just does not like them or theier dog or the camera.

The officer lashed out like he got caught with his pants down. He acted like a bully fueled on testosterone and steroids. Im not sure what you mean by scum of the earth, however even unarmed scum bags shoudnt be shot dead without reprisal. We are not the Taliban.

When you sign up as a LEO you are suppose to know you are putting life and limb on the line ... its a no brainer it is common knowledge. If so many LEOs have such a yellow streak why are they even In the profession ? If they live in fear they need to quit and find a new career. They have no reason to have fire arms if they cant follow simple protocall ?

When in fact many bullies are attracted to joining LEO because they are narcacists with a power control complex . So they can "get some" just as alot of men join the military to "get some" ... its not like humanitarians are joining LEO in high numbers. There is something empowering in killing human beings with alot of these cops.

They call the hippies , pot heads , protesters and other undesirables to the establishment "scum bags" im sure.

edit on 7-1-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

That man also grouped you, your wife and kids in the same category you just mentioned. Welcome to the scum of the Earth clan.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Just my opinion as an outside observer from Canada, the guy filming the cop was shadow projecting recent events from Ferguson onto an entirely separate incident and being very stubborn and unnecessarily confrontational. Even his wife was trying to tell him to STFU. He asked to play the game, so the cop came over. From my own perspective, minding my own business in public, and avoiding it as much as possible, seems to be the best option in regards to social tensions like the one depicted in this video.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

No offense but turning a blind eye is exactly how we got this deep in the mess in the first place. We all have to be held accountable for our actions and that goes for those who usually get to hold the accounts. No man is above reproach and if some of these fellows were capable of controlling their egos I must say that these situations could at least if nothing else be reduced in numbers a touch. As it stands now all of us white, black or whatever sweat just a bit when being engaged by an LEO, fearing for our personal safety when a simple traffic stop could be a life or death situation and not just a threat to your bank account. The same person you rely on for help could be the one who ends your life, over some cigs or something even more pointless. I guess you can hide if you want but that will serve no justice.
edit on 8-1-2015 by regor77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: regor77

Except that myself, my wife and my kids are not scum. We do not stupidly confront the police. We offer them the respect we would choose for ourselves and it is returned by the officers.

I have never, ever acted like a rude, crude idiot to the police and, as such, have never had any issues whatsoever.

You want to be "profiled?" Act like one of an ignorant group of criminals and you will find yourself treated like one. Surprise! (Although it shouldn't be).

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The LEO was making a blanket statement about all citizens not just the ones carrying a camera and being disruptive. I think you are missing the core of the point.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

No...I am not.

I have frequent contact with LEO, as you put it. I am semi-retired and manage a small apt community. I find them quite respectful even when I wish they would not be.

It's quite often jerks who initiate confrontations intentionally that see the "wrong end of the stick" and then whine about like the losers they are.

I am 60 years old...you would think that I would have some negative experiences with LEO if it was as widespread as some would have us believe. Even when I was a college student in Texas, with long hair and practicing the consumption of illegal substances I can honestly say I was never hasselled.

Quite often you get from a relationship what you put into it. Police see the absolute worst that humanity has to offer, quite often on a daily basis. There is no way I could ever have been an officer...I do not have the patience for stupidity it would take.

When people lie to you daily...when you respond to calls involving "scum of the earth" almost daily, when you see the victims crime leaves, can you blame them when their trust in humanity becomes eroded?

Perhaps, instead of being armchair quarterbacks, some of us should get in the game and see what life is really like.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

No...I am not.

I have frequent contact with LEO, as you put it. I am semi-retired and manage a small apt community. I find them quite respectful even when I wish they would not be.

It's quite often jerks who initiate confrontations intentionally that see the "wrong end of the stick" and then whine about like the losers they are.

I am 60 years old...you would think that I would have some negative experiences with LEO if it was as widespread as some would have us believe. Even when I was a college student in Texas, with long hair and practicing the consumption of illegal substances I can honestly say I was never hasselled.

Quite often you get from a relationship what you put into it. Police see the absolute worst that humanity has to offer, quite often on a daily basis. There is no way I could ever have been an officer...I do not have the patience for stupidity it would take.

When people lie to you daily...when you respond to calls involving "scum of the earth" almost daily, when you see the victims crime leaves, can you blame them when their trust in humanity becomes eroded?

Perhaps, instead of being armchair quarterbacks, some of us should get in the game and see what life is really like.
You are asking us to "get in the game" when in fact that is what this individual you have labeled as "scum" was doing. You seem as jaded as all the police people are so concerned about. I know good police officers but I can spot an abuse of power when I see one. I wouldn't engage a police officer in this situation myself. He would be filmed without even knowing it was occurring. You get the better juicy footage that way anyway.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Meant to add to above post lol. Any how I agree to disagree. Your points are valid and you have lived a charmed life to have escaped any harrassment ever. Many are not so lucky and some pay with their lives for it, some deservingly. It sounds like you engaged in some high risk activity in your youth, as did I, so, let's be happy we have made it thus far intact. I count us both lucky.
edit on 8-1-2015 by regor77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: regor77

The LEO was making a blanket statement about all citizens not just the ones carrying a camera and being disruptive. I think you are missing the core of the point.

That was a blanket statment that would have givin the prosecutor evidence to get the cop off the hook had he chosen to shoot them.

How convienent that he choose his words so carefully as to cover his rear.

Even more convienent to have people come to his defense.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

I like to think of them as LEOs -- Loud Egotistical Oafs.
edit on 1/8/2015 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
When i film my local law enforcement
I use my old, bulky, hernia inducing 80's camcorder

'Fight 1984 with 1984; is my motto.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

Genius. The more 'below average intelligence' among them might mistake you for a news cameraman and let you go about your duty without harassment.

A big downside I can think of is that it wouldn't be able to upload the video directly to the cloud, or livestream even, like you can with a phone camera. There have been numerous cases where unscrupulous cops (is there any other kind?) delete 'unflattering' video from a victims phone (otherwise known as tampering with evidence, for us plebs). People have been able to either forensically recover the video evidence or access is straight from a Cloud-based service. Information technology is a very powerful weapon against the oppressors, it's little wonder they hate being recorded so much. It's the only way for them to be held accountable, and it rightfully scares them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join