It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A moment of truth: I am afraid for my life from you, your wife and your kids --at all times.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I'm not sure I see the problem. Clearly this armed individual was looking for an opportunity to attack this heroic officer. This heroic officer had no choice but to express his dominance or this armed individual might forget his place.

Sarcasm aside it's these type of thugs all those good officers need to remove from their ranks. I'm disappointed this individual didn't stand his ground but I can completely understand. He must have known that a shooting would have been made completely justified in these circumstances.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
source material

In the process of heroing the bystander videotaping, the LEO openly declares his legal right to execute the bystander, his wife and children. That's what he did. Heroes don't joke around. I'll quote it for you.

Citizen: I'm afraid for my life and the lives of my family.
LEO: We'll I'm afraid for my life from you, your wife and your children -at all times.

That statement is not a declaration of his right to execute anybody.

Is English your first language?

He said, "I'm afraid for MY life from YOU...."

Ummm, I somehow think you're missing the play one words. It's a rather good one, in my humble opinion.

Bravo to the OP!

- NF

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: Jamie1

Is ignorance your first language? Surely those civilians posed no threat to the officer, to suggest they did is simply foolhardy. If the officer feels that he should be - "afraid for my life from you, your wife and your children -at all times." - then he is nothing but a coward with a badge. Maybe be should try food service. Wussy.

Yes, everything is easy to judge after the fact. Of course you can know that those civilians posed no threat now.

Last year I witnessed the SDPD stop a car outside of Whole Foods. Two suspects in the car. I watched from the parking garage roof above the scene as it was unfolding.

Police cars blocked the alley so the car had no way out. Cops got of of the two cars, drew their guns, and began ordering the suspects to exit the car. The suspects didn't budge. They sat in the car.

The situation was very tense. The cops barked orders, "Driver. Open your door. Driver. Put you left foot on the ground. Driver. Put your hands above your head.

Stuff like that, until both the driver, and the passenger, removed themselves from the car, raised the shirts to show no weapons, laid spread eagle on the ground, and were handcuffed and walked into the police cars.

I have no idea why they were stopped.

What I do know is that a crowd of dumbasses started forming around the police cars. They started harassing the police while their guns were drawn and aimed at the suspects. One of the spectators actually got his phone out and tried to put it in front of the cops face while he was aiming his gun at the suspects.

Stupid. He looked like a young college kid. Another cop grabbed him from behind, under his right arm, almost like the initial hold the cop put on Garner. Only this kid was skinny. The cop basically lifted him from the scene like a child. He was whining something about his rights as he got shoved into the back of another car.

So yes. Innocent civilians videoing a cop making an arrest have the right to do so. They also need to have common sense and be aware that from the cops perspective, they have no idea who they are, if they're working with the suspects, if they have weapons, etc. The cops want to make the arrest, get the suspect in the car, and make sure nobody gets shot.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Does anybody understand the legal authority the law grants to police? Police are given, by us, the community, a very broad legal authority to stop and take legal control over other citizens who may possibly be breaking the law. Police are not school crossing guards or playground monitors.

Yes, if you do something that makes a cop feel like you may possibly be a threat, his legal authority to respond is very broad.

Yes, actually, I do understand the use of force granted to police under color of law, including the abuse of force, up to and including death. And that's the problem, for me and many others. Obviously, considering the outrage and uproar over this abuse of force and pseudo-legal authority, it was not given by us, the community. Indeed, our Bill of Rights says government -- and therefore law enforcement -- does not have the legal authority to do much of what they do. Where you see "broad legal authority to stop and legal control over others citizens who may possibly be breaking the law," we see broad abuse of policing powers to stop and wrongfully control citizens who may or MAY NOT be breaking the law.

And, yes, I understand that if I do something that a cop doesn't like, he can simply claim that he feels like I may possibly be a threat, and his his response can include shooting me dead in cold blood. And since I do have both arms intact, I must be armed and dangerous...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

source material

In the process of heroing the bystander videotaping, the LEO openly declares his legal right to execute the bystander, his wife and children. That's what he did. Heroes don't joke around. I'll quote it for you.

LEO: We'll I'm afraid for my life from you, your wife and your children -at all times.

Why doesn't the cop just be honest with the guy?

"Sir, I'd prefer that you didn't record me while I'm performing my job because I don't want anyone to find out that I commit criminal acts in the line of duty on a semi-daily basis."

I'm sure he would understand.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: TheArrow

When that is the reasoning behind nearly all police shootings, that's exactly what it is.

Uh... and you know this is the reasoning behind nearly ALL police shootings? Do you have stats on this?

Because I thought the reason behind nearly all police shootings was an eminent threat, you know a gun pulled, gunfire exchanged, someone coming at them with a deadly weapon, displaying life threatening behavior towards

You'd think that.

How many people killed by police in the last few years were unarmed?

Would it shock you if it was 60%? Think that's too high? Cut it in half. 30% Still too high? What is a high enough number for you to feel that police use the "eminent threat" line far too often?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Wow, scary you have to worry will the guy be a target from then on as they took his name for no reason at all!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Yes. He sounded and acted quite fearful to me.

The person with the camera may have not known what was going on. Also, the cop may not know what is going down, like a setup. Cops can beat you down if deemed necessary. People see this everyday and some don't do or say anything. It just goes on. IF NO evidence of said abuse, then the judge is sworn in to believe a cops words over yours because the judge and cops get paid by the same entity, the state. Why would a cop, or judge buck the system from which they get paid? They would get fired the next day. This is like telling your CEO at work that your going to investigate and turn in any fraud going ons. You would get fired that same day.You don't buck the system or the system gives you the BOOT TO THE HEAD.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

source material

Citizens, myself included should always get LEO's on video. It's the only record of their heroic actions. It's a citizen's duty at this point. Cops get such a bad rap these days.

This is an example of why it is not always easy to do the right thing. This guy is filming the hero from halfway across the parking lot. Cops hate that for some reason. IDK why they wouldn't want their heroic actions all over youtube. Just humble heroes I guess.

Awesome! Just like Chris Kyle. So cool to be just like him.

A true hero. FYI, he can legally execute everyone. Give that guy a paycheck and a pain vacation! I'm glad my taxes go to pay guys like this.

All you good Americans out there know this hero probably had a good reason to declare a threat on his life -right? He wanted to terrorize these criminal elements to protect his heroic life. The guy filming must have been a criminal scumbag, hippie, commie, or a Sharpton illegitimate child? C'mon help me out here good Americans. Let's wait for the investigation shall we? Don't judge heroes. Pay them and STFU.

You are the enemy combatant. Act like it.

If you honestly feel so strongly then withdraw your tax contribution to the government tax is a voluntary contribution.

and there is no way you would pay tax to a government that is meant to act for you and produces people that act like this If you do not stand together the evil that runs this world will win it has clearly taken over the elite families and governments.

But you got to stand together else its pointless,

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I don't think the cop was in fear for his safety.

I think he was sarcastically responding to the man after he stated he was in fear for his safety.

Regardless, people have the right to film the police in most situations.

This cop overreacted and was a class A jerk.

Shame.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u

originally posted by: Klassified

Yes. He sounded and acted quite fearful to me.

The person with the camera may have not known what was going on. Also, the cop may not know what is going down, like a setup. Cops can beat you down if deemed necessary. People see this everyday and some don't do or say anything. It just goes on. IF NO evidence of said abuse, then the judge is sworn in to believe a cops words over yours because the judge and cops get paid by the same entity, the state. Why would a cop, or judge buck the system from which they get paid? They would get fired the next day. This is like telling your CEO at work that your going to investigate and turn in any fraud going ons. You would get fired that same day.You don't buck the system or the system gives you the BOOT TO THE HEAD.

Another boot to the head.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I know I would have receive a beating. I would have cussed him out and then we can go the brutality route. I'll take the ass whooping as long as he pays dearly. Hard ass cop can't even talk to the guy with a civil tongue. He just had to push his authority down this guys whole families throats. You can bet I'll take that beating. The worse that can happen is I die and the family will be taken care of by suing the city. Die on your feet or live on your knees. Alpha male my ass, he's a coward.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

When that is the reasoning behind nearly all police shootings, that's exactly what it is.

Well then it's probably really super smart for people to be aware that when a cop is in the middle of an arrest he might be on edge, and concerned that other perps will be coming around the corner with a gun or something.

And when cops who might be concerned they're going to get shot tell you to do something, just do what they tell you instead of acting like you're the star of your high school debate team and pleading your case.

Does anybody understand the legal authority the law grants to police? Police are given, by us, the community, a very broad legal authority to stop and take legal control over other citizens who may possibly be breaking the law. Police are not school crossing guards or playground monitors.

Yes, if you do something that makes a cop feel like you may possibly be a threat, his legal authority to respond is very broad.

Great video. Maybe it will help people understand this better.

What a joke. You must be seriously deluded if you think a man and his family filming an officer from a distance is somehow an imminent threat; let alone an impediment to the officer conducting an "investigation."

That was legitimately mind-numbing. I seriously feel like punching myself in my face from reading that nonsense, just so I'd think about something else.

I'm the sort who typically takes the "don't mess with police and they won't mess with you" stance, but more and more lately, people are absolutely justified in their defiance toward this oppression. This nonsensical stance of acceptance that you're trumpeting is why we're in this situation to begin with. If more people stood up to these bullies, they wouldn't be half the disgrace they are nowadays.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Police forces across the country have become businesses and when you run a business it is about the bottom line. This equates into writing more tickets and seizing more property. It is not the officers fault in a way it is the system that has rotted from it's core.

The only way this stops is by stopping the flow of money and military grade weapons. Also officers should have to wear cameras 24/7/365 while on duty even undercover. This is the only way to stop the rising police state and truth be told this will never happen.
edit on 6-1-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

Well then it's probably really super smart for people to be aware that when a cop is in the middle of an arrest he might be on edge, and concerned that other perps will be coming around the corner with a gun or something.

And when cops who might be concerned they're going to get shot tell you to do something, just do what they tell you instead of acting like you're the star of your high school debate team and pleading your case.

Great video. Maybe it will help people understand this better.

kinda like how darren wilson was so concerned with the second suspect so he decided to chase down brown and fire at him as he is walking away and the second perp is actually closer to wilson than brown was.

No it is a matter of rage. Instead of going around feeling everyone is out to get you they should just check in to a mental health place and get the true help they deserve. There is a clinical term for that type of illness.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
I don't think the cop was in fear for his safety.

I think he was sarcastically responding to the man after he stated he was in fear for his safety.

Regardless, people have the right to film the police in most situations.

This cop overreacted and was a class A jerk.

Shame.

the response would have givin the officer a way out in court if he decided to shoot anyone for having an object in their hand. On the outside it seems sarcastic but it was a calculated response that highlights a serious problem we have today.

Stretching probable cause beyond its intended limits and harassment of citizens in an effort to gain info without any crimes being reported comitted.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

One thing these courageous heroes wont tell you is how much the banks and corporations "donate large sums of cash" to police departments around the country "same companies that get huge tax breaks" so they can reward these unsung heroes id imagine. Maybe because these super heroes in black and blue are humble for those brand new armored vehicles and para military weaponry , LRADS and stingers. Because these heroes deserve to be protected from those dam tax payers. Those damn citicens are expendable in the presence of these heroes. After a long day of getting cats out of trees and stopping crime from happening at all ... those damn cameras start to look like assault weapons from across the street. Shoot first ask questions later just to be safe. Time to go on a cruise to cancun expenses paid. Those charitable klansmen will cover it bless thier hearts , with a paid vacation funded by those nosy citicens. Dont mind that unarmed black teen bleeding in the street for making heroes fear for thier life , the taxpayer will pay his family in good coin anyway. A heroes gotta do what a heroes gotta do. Heroes got that job stability the kind that come with a unconditional gurantee . Thank a hero for protecting yourself from yourself.

#policesavekittensoutoftreesandshootdogstosavecats
edit on 7-1-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
What is a LEO ???

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
What is a LEO ???

Use to be Law Enforcement Officer

LEO is a big ill tempered Lion with a blood thirst in 2015

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I retract the Lion statement. Lions are majestic animals. Police are just attack dogs creating revenue for the state under the fallacy of serving and protecting the citizens. They serve and protect special interests "friends and contributors" of the police farce. Cant leave out the prison industry, big money to be made at the tax payers expense lining lobbyist and contractors pockets housing non violent offenders at 30k a year plus. Heaven forbid we put chemicals ( drugs ) in our body ... thats Monsanto's and big pharmas job. All friends of the farce

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join