It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A moment of truth: I am afraid for my life from you, your wife and your kids --at all times.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
source material

Citizens, myself included should always get LEO's on video. It's the only record of their heroic actions. It's a citizen's duty at this point. Cops get such a bad rap these days.

This is an example of why it is not always easy to do the right thing. This guy is filming the hero from halfway across the parking lot. Cops hate that for some reason. IDK why they wouldn't want their heroic actions all over youtube. Just humble heroes I guess.

In the process of heroing the bystander videotaping, the LEO openly declares his legal right to execute the bystander, his wife and children. That's what he did. Heroes don't joke around. I'll quote it for you.

Citizen: I'm afraid for my life and the lives of my family.
LEO: We'll I'm afraid for my life from you, your wife and your children -at all times.

Awesome! Just like Chris Kyle. So cool to be just like him.

A true hero. FYI, he can legally execute everyone. Give that guy a paycheck and a pain vacation! I'm glad my taxes go to pay guys like this.

All you good Americans out there know this hero probably had a good reason to declare a threat on his life -right? He wanted to terrorize these criminal elements to protect his heroic life. The guy filming must have been a criminal scumbag, hippie, commie, or a Sharpton illegitimate child? C'mon help me out here good Americans. Let's wait for the investigation shall we? Don't judge heroes. Pay them and STFU.

You are the enemy combatant. Act like it.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I fear we are teetering on the brink of the abyss.

I am concerned that 2015 will be a year that will live in infamy.

edit on 1 5 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
source material

In the process of heroing the bystander videotaping, the LEO openly declares his legal right to execute the bystander, his wife and children. That's what he did. Heroes don't joke around. I'll quote it for you.

LEO: We'll I'm afraid for my life from you, your wife and your children -at all times.

That statement is not a declaration of his right to execute anybody.

Is English your first language?

He said, "I'm afraid for MY life from YOU...."

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

source material

[...]

[...]

You are the enemy combatant. Act like it.

If citizens had the right to execute people at will like this guy did, he'd have been taken out back and shot by now.

Afraid for his life by some kid with a camera and a crying infant. Real hero, right here.

At least he didn't get a running head-kick from across a field on a guy pinned to the ground by another officer, though.
edit on 5-1-2015 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

When that is the reasoning behind nearly all police shootings, that's exactly what it is.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Why wasn't the woman with the dog arrested? she was clearly obstructing justice.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Yes. He sounded and acted quite fearful to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

source material

Not that TheArrow's response wasn't basically on point - to elaborate - If a cop feels that his life is in danger he has the right to respond accordingly. It seems rather likely that he didn't actually feel his life was in danger, and that he was making the statement to justify his temperment, but by making the statement he is effectively giving himself permission ( and telling the video tape the same ) that he 'feels threatened' - a reason to start shooting if he pleases.

Now... I haven't seen the video, but based on the synopsis, it doesn't sound like anyone had any weapons or that anyone was posturing, so I'm not sure why this officer felt his life was in danger. It is appropriate to be weary of potential threats; but to assume that your life is in danger 24/7 will not only drive you over the psychological edge, but is also not a way to conduct yourself as a civil servant. It's my opinion that this gentleman is due for a psych review - but it's also my opinion that he won't be let go for these types of thoughts, because his training is too valuable.

Good read - hate to hear that even with everything going on cops are still toting the 'Judge, Jury, & Executioner' label for as long as they can. Best of luck out there everyone.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Yes. He sounded and acted quite fearful to me.

*sigh*

That pic...

Recent, no? Truly infuriating.

ETA: That's a big motha@$)#a too.
edit on 5-1-2015 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Is ignorance your first language? Surely those civilians posed no threat to the officer, to suggest they did is simply foolhardy. If the officer feels that he should be - "afraid for my life from you, your wife and your children -at all times." - then he is nothing but a coward with a badge. Maybe be should try food service. Wussy.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I actually cringed when the little Jack Russel dog walked past the cop in a friendly manner, but he didn't kill it. Phew!
I am serious!

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

When a cop says that, it's one of the precursors to a shooting. It's a 'CYA' phrase, to be used during the 'investigation' of the officer involved shooting.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The proper response in this situation would have been to refuse to identify until the officer answered the question of:

Officer, am I being detained? If so, then ask, what crime do you suspect me committing? If he mentions a specific crime he suspects you of committing then you have to identify but you need to force the issue, either let him arrest you or continue videotaping.

You can't let them get away with this or they will just keep doing it. Had he been arrested, he could easily file a lawsuit and win and the cop knew it. He pulled out the bully tactics to see if the guy would cave and he did. The second he gave his full name and date of birth without asking the right questions the cop knew he had him dead to rights.

Stand your ground, assert your rights and make sure you have the knowledge to assert them properly. If you have to take the ride, then take it and file suite the second you make bail.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Oh poor copper scared of behing filmed, people remember this all you have to do is say your name, ask if you are behing arrested and then ask for the offciers name, thats all and they cant do anything about it.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wow. So the cop is afraid of this man and his family because he dared film them? A person filming a cop from 25 or more feet away is "interfering with an investigation"? I'm just trying to understand the game change under the new fascist policing guidelines.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Do they put roids in cops meals of something?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I fear we are teetering on the brink of the abyss.

I am concerned that 2015 will be a year that will live in infamy.

You are correct, it will be. At least the "start" of the living on in infamy part.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

When that is the reasoning behind nearly all police shootings, that's exactly what it is.

Uh... and you know this is the reasoning behind nearly ALL police shootings? Do you have stats on this?

Because I thought the reason behind nearly all police shootings was an eminent threat, you know a gun pulled, gunfire exchanged, someone coming at them with a deadly weapon, displaying life threatening behavior towards civilians.......

your supposition would mean that nearly ALL of police shootings are unjust.......which is completely false

Look im all about taking control back from the out of control police departments......I have even made a thread about it...

what im NOT about is making blanket statements that are patently false.........

You dont follow the virtue of truth and justice by distorting the facts to fit your agenda

edit on 1/5/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

I agree with you in your post, what I dont agree with is the poster insinuating that nearly all police shootings are unjust......

That just doesnt compute.......

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

Well then it's probably really super smart for people to be aware that when a cop is in the middle of an arrest he might be on edge, and concerned that other perps will be coming around the corner with a gun or something.

And when cops who might be concerned they're going to get shot tell you to do something, just do what they tell you instead of acting like you're the star of your high school debate team and pleading your case.

Does anybody understand the legal authority the law grants to police? Police are given, by us, the community, a very broad legal authority to stop and take legal control over other citizens who may possibly be breaking the law. Police are not school crossing guards or playground monitors.

Yes, if you do something that makes a cop feel like you may possibly be a threat, his legal authority to respond is very broad.

Great video. Maybe it will help people understand this better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join