It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Has Daughter Born Without a Face

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- When most parents have a baby, they spend months dreaming about what their bundle of joy will look like. Will she look like mom? Will he have dad's eyes? But for one local Navy family, the birth of their daughter didn't give them the answers to those questions. Their daughter was born without a face.
First Coast News

First a warning, a little graphic photo, and if you click on the video, it's pretty shocking to see the little girl. Not for the faint of heart. It makes you realize how lucky you are. I felt so bad, I just wanted to give her a big hug! What strong parents she has! The father is in the Navy, so luckily the expenses is one less thing to worry about.

It makes you realize how fragile we are.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Oh my God
How could this happen? Poor little girl. Hmm you say her father is in the navy? Maybe the government was experimentin on the father and the side effects showed up in his dauter. I hope she can get some sort of treatment or something.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Its shocking, but things like this happen on an pretty frequent occurance(I do agree the severity of this mutation is intense). Sometimes a gene sequence coding for the creation of certain structures(in this case her whole face) is altered. Somewhere a replication process went wrong, and instead of terminating, the whole mutated gene kept on processing.
We're all mutants to some extent, most of the time we have more "normal" cells outnumbering the oddball ones so we at least appear normal for all intents and purposes.

Theres my two cents

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
i am saddened by this... i feel sorry for the child

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The chances that this will occur in some form are 1 in 10,000 births. Most never reach anywhere near the severuty of the case in this thread. Here is some additional info on it.

www.kidsplastsurg.com...
www.treachercollins.org...
www.faces-cranio.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i usually joke around on this ats....not really caring about what i write..but for that...danngg i really feel soorrrry for the family..heart goes out to them..hope things can be helped..

REALLY PUTS LIFE INTO PRESPECTIVE...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yep we often forget how lucky we are, We often moan about how we look, are hair makeup ect, But in all honesty we have what we have and we should be so thankfull for that,
This little one will grow up with an amazing strength from within,

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Oh my God
How could this happen? Poor little girl. Hmm you say her father is in the navy? Maybe the government was experimentin on the father and the side effects showed up in his dauter. I hope she can get some sort of treatment or something.

cause the military expierments on its airmen, soldiers, sailors and mariens.

# like that happens. you think all of those little buggers that come out of you dick are perfect? sheer luck of the draw!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I hope she can get some sort of treatment or something.

Yea, i doubt that somehow lol. On a positive note she will have nothing to compare her life to, so for her that is normality. Also from what i can make out shes blind, so again she cant compare her severity of mutation to other people, although no doubt she will be aware of it to some extent.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Oh my God

No. That didn't happen. It's a birth defect and a known one, and not "common to the Navy" or any other armed forces branch.

new topics

top topics

join