It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2015)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Also, I think you might get a spiral, but why wouldn't it wash away the radial spokes?

are we talking about the same picture? did the rock move after this structure was formed or did water flow sideways in Mars's prehistory

funbox

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

Also, I think you might get a spiral, but why wouldn't it wash away the radial spokes?

are we talking about the same picture? did the rock move after this structure was formed or did water flow sideways in Mars's prehistory

funbox

I had been thinking some ancient muds or clays possibly? ATS gives me a virus everytime I come on and all words disappear so been difficult.
Mud
en.wikipedia.org...

www.geos.ed.ac.uk...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

edit on 26-3-2015 by SyxPak because: Removed Post... oops...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

a reply to: ArMaP

no wonder you've been so stressed for all this time ..., one second

It's not stress, I just like truth.

better ?

No.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

No.

how so ? its truth not what you like ?
or is my updated version a lie ?

funbox

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

interesting , and a very similar in way it looks ,sinuous and interconnected , although I don't think it has much of a colour change between patterns and surrounding rock , unlike the off whitish were seeing in contrast to the dark greys .. indicates two different materials in my eyes

looks good , colours a bit off

funbox

edit on 26-3-2015 by funbox because: missing W

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

just to step back a little, ive managed to remove the shadow as it was detracting from the shape a little, a little white balance/ masking /readjustment layers
I can still see the segmentation, although its has that *insert name here* look about it

files.abovetopsecret.com...

funbox

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I can still see the segmentation, although its has that *insert name here* look about it

"What something might look like after mild weathering for a couple billion years" look?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

interesting , and a very similar in way it looks ,sinuous and interconnected , although I don't think it has much of a colour change between patterns and surrounding rock , unlike the off whitish were seeing in contrast to the dark greys .. indicates two different materials in my eyes

looks good , colours a bit off

funbox

Very true and I didn't look further at other clay formations in the world, but the temperature and conditions it formed in would have to make it different, also we would be seeing maybe bedrock pushed up with the clay. Just a thought not something I feel sure of at all.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Doesn't look quite as impressive in this one.
*SHRUG*

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

like a weathered spokey thing

mahli

seems like we're have an interesting mix of material's in this spot , you should have a look over at mahli , there's been an influx

funbox

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
one of those drip drip moments

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

funbox

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Something that looks like something, but really isn't:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 30-3-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

It appears to be some slight source off to the right of where the image was taken. It got bright as it passed by, and then went back to normal. You can see the shadows shifting from one position to another as if something just passed by. Odd.

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBorg

did you see the change in specularity on some of the rock surfaces too ? notable in the lower left hand corner of the picture , also a gradient shift on one of the more angled smoother surfaces in this same region,

as mentioned earlier the rovers filters maybe responsible , but then why is there no significant change in the shadowed regions ? would the filters used effect the entire picture equally ?

funbox

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
from Mahli, the sinuousness root like constructions appear clustered in parts of this picture , note the triangular junction

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

anyone like to take a guess at whether this is the ground, or part of a rock ?

in places it looks more like the bottom of a fish tank

funbox

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Kind of interesting rock here far left middle
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

This broken pot has a plaque on it...anyone read it?
Forky thing also.
Middle center
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 1-4-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

a saddle springs to mind, do you see the unusually curved one just above it ? , like a scooped out egg

funbox

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

a saddle springs to mind, do you see the unusually curved one just above it ? , like a scooped out egg

funbox

Yes I noticed that and a few other interesting things in that area also.

That second picture I put on sure has some weird rocks, just wish I could focus the picture, I swear they are less focused now than they used to be, camera getting worn out I guess.
edit on 1-4-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I cant find forky thing? , I can see something like the prongs of an upturned rake semi buried in the sand though , ill image later,

might not be the forky thing you mean though, this whole landscape appears to be rising in height and curios..

funbox

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join