It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2015)

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: egidio88

There is another item in the NASA linked image that shows something totally floating, or at least the shadow you can see has no apparent point of contact with the ground at all, unlike the long spoon object.

Quite a few odd things in the image.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: egidio88

There is another item in the NASA linked image that shows something totally floating, or at least the shadow you can see has no apparent point of contact with the ground at all, unlike the long spoon object.

Quite a few odd things in the image.

i remember that, and that was actually a game of shadows, but this...gosh...this is long and thin, and clearly not a game of shadows...because we can clearly see THAT'S ITS SHADOW TOO, thin and long indeed. I mean, guys. Somebody has to give more credit to this!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
i.imgur.com...

from the same picture.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: egidio88
how is nobody quoting this. GUYS, ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? WHAT IS THIS?

That looks like part of a rock that was harder than the rest and was less affected by the erosion, there are many examples of that on the photos from that sol.

This one just has a more original shape.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

My experience of these threads has been a very good one of quite balanced arguements. But my feelings are very mixed. While there is no doubt Mars is a strange and wonderful, beautiful planet, i am really not sure if life got started in its basic form. Maybe algae and limpets at most in my opinion. As far as crocodiles, rodents and the like are concerned, no, i dont think they ever existed there.

Like an Earth 2.0, it would be nice to have a Mars 2.0 to compare too, to be really sure about the commonness of life-like rocks. My thinking, is that anything that would be left over would only be skeletons and fossils rather than defined shapes like the rodent or the finger for example. If something stood out i am sure NASA would take a closer look. The problem i have with a lot of the Curiosity pictures is that the near and far sections can be a bit blurry at times, which obviously gets worse when you zoom in. Like the supposed recent Martian Crab, we would like a closer picture so its not blurry but we havent got one (that i know of).

Overall, the threads, pictures and discussions have been excellent. Its good to see another persons view on something to balance your own opinion and sometimes realise that what you see isnt what you think. I have just learnt how to post pics, so if i see something i will post it. I would like to write a bit more, but am time limited with work.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

This thing is weird...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: egidio88
how is nobody quoting this. GUYS, ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? WHAT IS THIS?

Here it is from a different angle. It appears to be some of that harder calcium deposit that runs through this stuff, but with the softer "sandstone" worn away. Very delicate wind work.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Worm holes.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Does the lower gravity and atmospheric pressure on Mars allow these kind of structures to retain their shape longer than they would on Earth? Probably. So never mind. But, yeah.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I was just wondering what could of made these marks in the soil. There is also a strange circle. The circle of course, could be made from a meteorite, but doesn't really look like it to me. And looks like little cave entrance at the bottom there as well.

edit on 1-9-2015 by Moohide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

It's hard to say, but they look like micro landslides.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

And looks like little cave entrance at the bottom there as well.

seems rather adequate for a family of mice.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Worm holes.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

those are quite interesting...but could still be completely natural.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Clonevandal

A ninja turtle sitting on a rock...watching the sunset....

Now the holes make sense. It's that rodent ninja master's lair.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
An image from the ChemCam here. Just wish it was in colour. I was looking at the curved piece of rock, when i noticed the light jagged impression on the rock behind it. Looks kind of like the teeth on a cog.

Its not being caused by the shadow of another rock, and its not a reflection off the curved piece, so i assume it is just a natural formation on the rock. I very much doubt its a fossil. Odd.

goo.gl...
edit on 2-9-2015 by Moohide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here is the full pic with the floating spoon..

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Looks like IFL have brought up the Spoon and gave credit to another site that found it 2 days after ATS

www.iflscience.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Looks like IFL have brought up the Spoon and gave credit to another site that found it 2 days after ATS

www.iflscience.com...

I'm not in this for the credit or glory. I'm just bored.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

But it's possible that you may get some credit and some glory for all the research you've posted here. As for bored, aye, I like that kind of bored. Sixteen thumbs up!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hatchling. Bird? Dinosaur? Rock?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join