It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2015)

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

another from that image , very similar

funbox

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Right next to it:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

interesting conglomerate's

chowder is looking optimistic

funbox

edit on 26-8-2015 by funbox because: wolf broth

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
interesting conglomerate's
chowder is looking optimistic

One of the things that has kind of disappointed me while I look for these things is that on Earth you rarely find just one of any kind of living thing in a spot. Life tends to cluster because when living things find a good spot to settle where they can get food or water or whatever, they reproduce to the limit of the available resources. It's hard to find clusters of anything on Mars, although I can kind of rationalize that by allowing for the fact that we're looking at a surface several billion years old that has been churned and blasted and rocked by meteorites and volcanoes and water and maybe it's not going to be so easy to find those fertile layers or clusters of life (fossils).

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

but every now and again , time and attrition open up little windows , maybe this has to do with local environmental climate spikes , pockets of erosion/less erosion/ fresh erosion /accumulation accretion micro climates within the crater itself, we've travelled a little distance so far , less than one percent, yet much variation has been seen, could we expect much more, even if Nasa let show anything more than a shell or two,

drip drip Mr Shift

funbox

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
That's something I have said before, finding one or two things that look like signs of life is one thing, but from what we can see here on Earth one species doesn't live alone in a specific area, it lives in an ecosystem, and that's something for which I haven't seen any signs on Mars.

But we can keep on looking.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Yeah, it doesn't hurt. It's like a hobby. From the smallest to the biggest, at this point it doesn't look like Mars ever developed (or was seeded with) any kind of life. I haven't seen any definitive proof of it yet. I think it may have a lot to do with Mars never having tides.

It has to be a big disappointment to all the folks out there who think that just because you get a rocky planet with water in the Habitable Zone, life is pretty much guaranteed.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Is like a military defense base, with cannons every where.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

so how do we find these eco systems as we ride along the path ? what are the signs we are looking for ? obviously a few palms and an oasis would be fairly indicative , but , and after pulling out a few of NASA's ball park time scales, out the hat, how are we to interpret these ecosystems and the potential fossilised life held within them ? what do we look for..

museum gates and a sign ?

funbox

edit on 28-8-2015 by funbox because: dust woven wolves

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: funbox

First of all, we can only find them if they exist, obviously.

Then, we need to look for them, so if we find something that looks like a fossil barnacle we should expect to find fossils of other animals from other species that eat the same thing (like mussels) and we should expect to find also their predators, like sea snails or starfish (or their equivalent).

The higher in evolution we go the more different species we should find, as a rat, for example, feeds on plants and other animals (that we should also find) and is food for several other species like snakes, owls or cats.

The problem is that if live ever existed on Mars but never went beyond something like algae or plankton it will harder to find, not only because their fossils would be harder to exist and find but also because an ecosystem that never went beyond those species may have just a few small species that would also be hard to find.

That's why I never expected to see a Megalodon tooth on Mars, for example, as for that we should also find many other species that haven't appeared.

PS: the museum only comes in the end.

edit on 28/8/2015 by ArMaP because: Added a missing "if" and a missing "s".

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

First of all, we can only find them if they exist, obviously.

Then, we need to look for them, so if we find something that looks like a fossil barnacle we should expect to find fossils of other animals from other species that eat the same thing (like mussels) and we should expect to find also their predators, like sea snails or starfish (or their equivalent).

so that would be the sporadic chowder we've been finding

The higher in evolution we go the more different species we should find, as a rat, for example, feeds on plants and other animals (that we should also find) and is food for several other species like snakes, owls or cats

that would be great though wouldn't it ?, finding aquatic cat creatures owls and snake biological mutated remnants at the bottom of this old lake bed

The problem is that live ever exited on Mars but never went beyond something like algae or plankton it will harder to find, not only because their fossils would be harder to exist and find but also because an ecosystem that never went beyond those species may have just a few small species that would also be hard to find.

back to sniff *sniffing them elements eh , grabbing the gestalt by the throat and ramming it back together to form a bigger shape ,yeah not really doable by us I guess

That's why I never expected to see a Megalodon tooth on Mars, for example, as for that we should also find many other species that haven't appeared.

what teeth?

funbox

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
so that would be the sporadic chowder we've been finding

I think the finds have been too sporadic and inconclusive.

that would be great though wouldn't it ?, finding aquatic cat creatures owls and snake biological mutated remnants at the bottom of this old lake bed

When I used to go fossil hunting on the excavations for the construction of a building near where I live the problem was not getting back home with bags full of fossils of several species, including a megalodon tooth that I found and what looked like a fish tooth (needle-like, maybe 1 or 1.5 cm long) that my sister found but let fall to the ground and never found again.

Unfortunately, my mother didn't like to have the apartment full of rocks, so we had to throw many away.

Your second image doesn't work.

edit on 28/8/2015 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

ahh I replace it with a sign to another

sol t shirt sale

might make a good Tshirt , ← im with Anomaly

funbox

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That last picture from Funbox is very interesting. That seems to me like just a hole in the rock i think.

But what caught my eye, is that worm-like thing at the top of Curiositys wheel imprint. I know there are now various holes and dents on the wheel that could make that shape, but it just stands out to me.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

decapitated Beezer shapes even

rabbit

funbox

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

That reminds me of the end of Doom.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

the end of doom ?

funbox

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yes, Doom with a capital "D", this one.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

indeed , but what about the end of doom ? does cyber-demon madness bare any resemblance to this rabbit shaped head?

funbox

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Maybe I should have said the ending of Doom, just look for it on YouTube, if you don't see the relation to a rabbit head.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join