It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2015)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
a reply to: ArMaP

pictures then..

OK, I see the picture, but that doesn't answer the question: what geologists?

PS: whoever they were (if they are real and not a figment of your imagination), they should know that water drops act as a lens and change the shape of what's behind it.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

not in this instance.

the geologist are there in nasa's text i intially posted, its the whole reason they're whitebalancing the pictures.

slowedownloads almost ready , was 480 meg though so it creeping up

funbox

edit on 5-7-2015 by funbox because: wolves pass through a pocket of slowtime , whilst chatting amongst themslves

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So they say in your link the sky would be bluer than earth's if not for the dust.

It seems so odd that dust stays suspended in such a low atmosphere that also holds water vapor.

Sometimes if feels like they hold back what they know and make Mars seem as vastly different as they can until too much is known and they have to release information. I suppose their true hope would be to find some kind of material that would make a good weapon. Seems this is all science is about anymore.

water vapor condense as a liquid in the planet's soil at night and evaporate away in the morning.

www.vox.com...
You would think this would affect the fine particles in the atmosphere.
They used to say that Water CANNOT form on the surface and we were proved correct.

he research, published today in Nature Geoscience, shows that high amounts of salt in the soil lower the melting point of water, allowing it to temporarily pool as a liquid despite the subzero temperatures.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

the geologist are there in nasa's text i intially posted, its the whole reason they're whitebalancing the pictures.

Not really, the NASA text says white balancing the photos "helps scientists recognise the rocks", but I doubt geologists need to look at white balanced photos to identify a rock.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
So they say in your link the sky would be bluer than earth's if not for the dust.

Not bluer, darker.

It seems so odd that dust stays suspended in such a low atmosphere that also holds water vapor.

That only depends on how small the dust particles are.

Sometimes if feels like they hold back what they know and make Mars seem as vastly different as they can until too much is known and they have to release information.

Why do you say that, in this case?

The fine particles in the atmosphere are not in the soil

They used to say that Water CANNOT form on the surface and we were proved correct.

They still say that, as the atmosphere doesn't have enough pressure for pure water to exist in the liquid state.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

i suppose in your eyes they would use a biologist *sluggy snickers in the gnarlyground*

anyway the eyes too slow, still see the droplets forming this anomoly ?

136 in will show a zoomed box at 2% speed

shot at 50 fps

funbox

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Darn, you are good at what you do. Kind of rules out droplet magnification. Since this isn't a Mars topic maybe you should open up a new thread on it, get a wider opinion. I don't think it would be pulled because it came from another thread, being a bit off subject, except for the Martian firefly connection.

Well, maybe it would. ArMap, would creating a thread about an off-topic post(s) violate:
15h.) Spamming: You will not Post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

edit on 5-7-2015 by Aleister because: rule book ouch

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

good point Aleister, dont want Mr Shift moaning im mucking up the thread ... where is he btw?

*up*

www.abovetopsecret.com...

funbox

edit on 5-7-2015 by funbox because: lightning wolves

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

But, if the atmosphere
were to clear (I've blown forecasts before :-) ), the sky would be bluer,
but not the light blue that we see on a terrific day here on Earth.

Not bluer, darker.

Guess the link was funbox
quest.arc.nasa.gov...

They still say that, as the atmosphere doesn't have enough pressure for pure water to exist in the liquid state.

They said water they did not specify.

The fine particles in the atmosphere are not in the soil

Yes I was speaking of the mix of water and dust in the atmosphere.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

i suppose in your eyes they would use a biologist *sluggy snickers in the gnarlyground*

I don't understand what you mean by that, could you try to speak in a way other people understand you? Thanks in advance.

anyway the eyes too slow, still see the droplets forming this anomoly ?

136 in will show a zoomed box at 2% speed

The problem was not the eyes, was the image you posted, that had a droplet in front of the anomaly. If you had posted an image without a droplet in front I wouldn't have said that. In the video we can see that it wasn't the droplet that was causing the anomaly.

Anyway, why did you post this off-topic image?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
ArMap, would creating a thread about an off-topic post(s) violate:
15h.) Spamming: You will not Post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

I don't think so, seeing that it's off-topic here.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Guess the link was funbox
quest.arc.nasa.gov...

That's the link I posted, but they say darker blue, not bluer.

They said water they did not specify.

True, but it's also true that when we talk about the press and temperature at which the water freezes or boils we are always talking about pure water.

Yes I was speaking of the mix of water and dust in the atmosphere.

As far as I understand it, there is no such mix, as I don't think the Martian atmosphere is dense enough to support water droplets or dust particles mixed with water, only the smaller dust particles.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

darker blue, not bluer

Humm sounds like the same thing.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Humm sounds like the same thing.

To me, a darker blue is a blacker blue, not a bluer blue.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

As far as I understand it, there is no such mix, as I don't think the Martian atmosphere is dense enough to support water droplets or dust particles mixed with water, only the smaller dust particles.

so what was the Curiosity measuring in those 200 sols then zilch? what was it that was 60% then 5% , some odd kind of scotch-buttered-mist ?

Nasa *gastalt entity mind* like's minds *joethecowboybuilder* to be in perpetual contradictory circles, and please , dont ask what i mean

funbox

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

so what was the Curiosity measuring in those 200 sols then zilch? what was it that was 60% then 5% , some odd kind of scotch-buttered-mist ?

Water vapour, not water.

Nasa *gastalt entity mind* like's minds *joethecowboybuilder* to be in perpetual contradictory circles, and please , dont ask what i mean

I suppose I have to start ignoring your posts then, specially after that mention of geologists "that were also watching a lightning-bolt", it looks like you are more interested in confusing people (or just me) than in real information.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

no ArMaP just my odd sence of humour, what is it you dont get about, what i said about Nasa ?

Water vapour, not water.

state change ,is just splitting hairs , waters water. in whatever shape its in, even if its vapour its not immune to sunlight, thus effecting the look of the atmosphere/sky color

funbox

funbox

edit on 6-7-2015 by funbox because: added wolf caltraps

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This looks pretty interesting -

found it here

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

indeed , there been a lot of these holes striking up , maybe we should change the subject to anomolies again

i wonder what type of errosion causes these holes ?

is this water based or laser beam warfare based errosion , from instant to aeo's

any suggestions ?

funbox

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

no ArMaP just my odd sence of humour, what is it you dont get about, what i said about Nasa ?

Because of what you call "your odd sence of humour" I understand half or less of what you write, and I'm tired of making an effort to try to understand what you mean. I have better things to do with my time.

state change ,is just splitting hairs , waters water.

Call me when you drown in an iceberg.

in whatever shape its in, even if its vapour its not immune to sunlight, thus effecting the look of the atmosphere/sky color

OK, what change of colour happens on Earth when the humidity is higher?

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join