It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Screaming At Wal-Mart

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:13 AM

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: Tangerine

Well... That's right. The only reason you invite someone is because you want the company. You can save money and feed only yourself if you're basically going to be there by yourself anyway. It's ridiculous.

I watched a couple one night go through their whole meal without a word to each other, but both were tapping away on the cell phones. I imagine it was a date as they were fairly young. What a good way to get to know each other...

You do realize they were texting each other, don't you?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:17 AM
a reply to: pheonix358

That's a far scarier prospect IMO.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:34 AM
Two words of one thing that will help on your next expedition shopping .. TRANQUILIZER DARTS ... safe.. effective .. fast acting ...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:43 AM
a reply to: Expat888

If only...

You could carry little mini tranquilizer darts on your keychain like you do pepper spray lol.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:53 AM
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

The sad thing about that??? In another year or two she will get him his own phone in hopes that he will leave her more alone so she can do what she wants to do on her phone. This the cycle...

Oh. my. gosh.....don't even get me going on THAT!!
*shakes head*

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:56 AM
a reply to: Expat888

Two words of one thing that will help on your next expedition shopping .. TRANQUILIZER DARTS ... safe.. effective .. fast acting ...

For whom, the Mom or the kid?

Just make sure to carry lots & lots of darts!!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:34 AM

screaming at decibels that make banshees look like Bob Ross on an especially relaxed "Happy Tree" day??

Hahahahaha, awesome!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:38 AM
ohh OMG you had me in tears laughing at how eloquently you wrote that piece. Having been a Wal-Mart sales floor veteran myself and recently quitting out of finally having a mental breakdown of the stressful environment that is the general public during peak shopping hours in electronics for ten years, I can confirm that this is at minimum a once a week event. Hell some weeks it happens daily. Wal-Mart is after all the highest volume retailer on Earth. It makes since it would have the highest volume of humans, with it comes every personality type, parenting style, and just plain wierdos the experience on the day to day.

It all just became white noise to me after year 1 though. Just tended to show up and focus on the job afterwards. In fact I would actually get some entertainment at watching the reactions of shoppers such as yourself before. Sort of like watching those youtube reaction videos? I mean I go so used to it sometimes I would not even notice it when I am just out at the mall or doing shopping myself. It could also be that I have 4 children of my own though.

Worry not fellow citizen, for statistically you only have like a 50% chance of encountering that during your trips to the big box for the rest of your life lol.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:24 AM
a reply to: snarky412

Both .. Though I leave that up to the discretion of the user depending upon the situation ..

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:27 AM

Thats why found best time to shop was late at night back when was in "civilization" .. less people .. get in .. get out fast ..

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:32 AM
a reply to: DYepes

I feel your pain. I pulled a two year stint there a few years back when money got too tight and while I loved the job, the people had me wanting to shave layers of my retinas off with rusty razors and jab ice picks into my abused eardrums at times.

You walk through the doors of Wal-Mart and it's like entering a whole other civilization sometimes. I worked 3rd shift and it absolutely amazed me at how Sue Beth and John Boy needed 3 guppies at 2:30 am. And not just any guppies. Noooooo..... The three that you can't catch that look like the other damned 800 in the tank, minus the floaters of course (we all float down here).

They need those 3 guppies, a key made, and a hunting and fishing license with no ID... And they need it all simultaneously. While they are merrily shopping, their 3 kids, Elly Mae, Bobby Sue, and Harley are all under the age of 6 and making their way to the bike rack and toy aisle... Unsupervised. Why bother supervising your kids in a store that size at 2:30 am. That's what the employees are for and they are more than glad to clean up the train wreck in between stocking the shelves after you've decided you've had your fun and purchased the best 3 guppies on the entire planet.

Wal-Mart puts the "func" in dysfunctional lol. The "public" are enough to give anyone nightmares.

edit on 1/5/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:34 AM

I was an an employment officer the other week and all around me were parents just waiting while their little snotty brats climbed all over the chairs (which are fixed in a row, so every time they kick, jump or pull, we all go for a ride) and scream at the top of their lungs to the occasional "now shh.." and nothing more. Essentially egging the little tyrant on into a rage to see how far he can push mommy.

And of chouarse when one does it, the others all go "Hey whats going on?" and start doing it too.

I had to get up and walk out, before I committed mass infanticide.

Suffering misophonia makes it unbearable...

edit on 5-1-2015 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:40 AM

Your answer was not in the form of a question, I'm sorry but we can't accept that

Aside from that, totally agree! And I'd like to add "don't wait till you're at the freaking register to check the balance of your gift card and then mutter "sorry" to the people in line as if that somehow makes the 20 minute wait better!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:44 AM
a reply to: sn0rch

The pat attempts to shush them piss me off almost more than not shushing them at all. I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I was beginning to wonder after this Christmas season. It was insane.

Sometimes you wonder if their shrill screaming is like a dog whistle and only you can hear, because so many seem to be able to just tune it out completely. My eye starts twitching and I can feel my low blood pressure steadily rising.

What's worse is that these parents are making it hard on their children to have a successful life as far as friends, spouses, jobs, etc. nobody wants to be around people like that. You are raising your children to be unlikable. People draw the blinds and hide behind the couch when they see your minivan pull up in their driveway for the love of all that is holy!!!

Stop the madness and quit giving the stink eye to people who look at you with pleading in their eyes to at least ATTEMPT to do something that slightly resembles parenting after 20 minutes of screams and tantrums!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:39 AM
Always wear dark shades and carry a cane in Walmart and pretend you are blind.
Then when you hear the screaming from Hell yell "I'll save you!"
Starting swinging your cane wildly in the direction of the sound.
If you can make it stop you'll get a standing ovation from everyone in checkout.

Some may find that approach too subtle so you could just wear earbuds and crank up loud music to tune them out.
Then just look at the offending parent and smile understandingly when the little beast starts wailing.
edit on 5-1-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:43 AM
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I KNEW I liked you!!! You are officially invited to all of my future family gatherings.

I could picture myself doing exactly what you described... Only adding in "FORE!!!" to make it seem more like I was winning while I was doing it lol.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:55 AM

When I was little girl my Grandmother and I would go shopping together quite often...she would buy for me a box of animal cracker cookies...and as we were shopping she would explain to me what we were shopping for ...and let me help her to put items in the shopping cart...I was very well behaved; happily munching on my cookies.

Maybe people should go back to some of the so-called (old-fashioned) ways.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:00 AM

You are the best form of birth control there is ...

True. My teenage daughter wants no part of having kids. She works part time at a busy store and she sees them at their worst - dirty, germ filled with running noses, loud, messing up aisles of goods that she had just neatly stocked .... She wants no part of kids. This actually works well because when she's going out with friends sometimes I'll tell her to be careful or she'll end up with a kid like the kind that drive her crazy at work. Excellent birth control method ...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:17 AM

That sort of behaviour aggravates me no end. My best friend in the world, though I love her like a sister, has this habit of inviting one over for an evening of tea and televisual entertainments, and then sitting there half the night with her smartphone, texting, or IMing people over the net, or looking on ebay....

My favourite moment of the last little while came about thusly. I had gone over to her place for a cup of tea and a wag of the chin, since it had been about two weeks since last we had met up. I had been ill, she had been working, yada yada. So, we sit down for a cigarette and a chat in her kitchen, and she explained how hard she had been working, and how many hours, and how much she wants to slap her employees sometimes... I nodded, smiled, and interjected where appropriate, took a legitimate and full part in the conversation, and in what she was saying.

Then I began to speak about the things that I had been up to, how well my medication was working, what I had been up to at work, updating her on other matters... then I explained that my undergarments were actually made of lemmings, stuck together with chewing gum, and fairy spit, and that all you have to watch out for is that they squirm a bit when you sit on them.

She did not bat an eye at any of what I said, because ONE SENTENCE into my delivery, she had injected her persona into the internet, and out of the room, and indeed, out of our conversation.

The thing is, bad parenting with a telephone is very much like being bad at any other interpersonal relationship as a result of using the net on ones phone, but has much worse consequences. Its basically saying "Here, Son/Daughter, you must behave yourself, because I am going to indulge myself in a habitual escape from reality via the internet, so I will not be watching, and I will not respond to you one bit, no matter how much of a pain in the rear you are being, and no matter how much danger you are in!".

So it is not enough that the child will not be protected due to a lack of diligence, and it is not enough that the child will learn no manners, because they do not receive admonishment when they are rude, but these things will all happen purely because of the selfishness and skewed priorities of parents!

Its bad enough that people like my friend, who has no children and therefore no particular responsibility in terms of setting examples, are prepared to throw themselves into the net without any regard for those around them, but that parents are prepared to do it to the point of endangering their child... Bah. I give up. I think I need to find a cave in the mountains somewhere, build a nice fire, and hope no one sees the smoke!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:30 AM
a reply to: caladonea

Your last sentence is dead on IMO. Dead on. We've lost touch with everything. The old saying... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind.

We didn't have kids coming out in droves a generation ago talking about how badly they'd been abused and how things needed to change drastically before the world imploded. But to see the direction it has taken in just one or two generations... You would think that's exactly what had happened.

Back to basics/old fashioned ways in many aspects would not be a bad thing IMO.

a reply to: FlyersFan

Hey.... if it works!!

Lol... My daughter is the same and she is only 17. She says that she is NEVER having kids for many of the same reasons you stated. My husband is more bothered by it than I am. I have no urge whatsoever to be a grandmother so badly that I expect her to produce for my happiness. With the state of things these days... I'm praying she will stick with her decision at this point in all seriousness.
edit on 1/5/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>