It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70-Year-Old Hedge Fund Founder Shot Dead By His Son

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well, here we are in 2015 and it didn't take long for this to start happening again and I thought this was So 2014.

It looks like this guy Gilbert didn't do it to himself, but The Police are saying it was his 30 year old son. So, is this another one to add to the threads here on ATS about Banker/Financial Types Suicides/Murders?

Just seems these are becoming pretty common nowadays. Anyway, Thanks for taking a little read of this and I hope all of your New Year is going along just fine so far.

Peace
Arjunanda.

ADMIN: Removed massive copy-and-paste from external source.

ZeroHedge: 70-Year-Old Hedge Fund Founder Shot Dead By His Son

edit on 4-2-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: removed massive copy and paste, which is a terms and conditions violation

edit on 4-2-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Money can't buy you love. Can't buy you looooooove. Can't buy you loooooove. Everybody tells me so.

Failed parenting is harsh. How rich is he now? Chasing the paper only to be murdered by his son. Tragic to say the least.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Money can't buy you love. Can't buy you looooooove. Can't buy you loooooove. Everybody tells me so.

Failed parenting is harsh. How rich is he now? Chasing the paper only to be murdered by his son. Tragic to say the least.

Well dad was 70 so kind of redundant. If the kid is useful and/or gets the right lawyers (which he CAN afford) then it'll come to a tempest in a teacup. It'll just be blown off as another case of "afluenza" (or... something...) and the guy will get some rehab and maybe a little additional intensive counseling and a slap on the wrist. Barely a ripple. Rich People Rules are different.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

So the entire family has money, what does the son gain by killing his father? Inheritance seems like a motive, but then why would you leave the gun next to the body? Seems fishy to think that a person would lay the gun down and then flee... Defeats the purpose.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: safetymeeting

Maybe he was assassinated and the son was used as a scapegoat. I don't want to get my mind wandering about things I have no information on. I guess we'll never know why people do the things they do. I always thought it was because they wanted to do so.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
what i saw on the news was the father was paying the sons rent and giving him 400 bucks a week.
he decided to quit paying the rent and was only going to give him 300 bucks a week and they were fighting over that.

his mother was there with them before he was shot and went to get a sandwich and got worried and went back home and found the father dead, the son was gone.

here's a link
Home> U.S. Son of Slain Hedge Fund Founder Thomas Gilbert Sr. Charged With Homicide

nothing nefarious here. just a poor spoiled rich kid got mad.
edit on 5-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yep hounddoghowlie, It looks like this was just ANOTHER STUPID FAMILY ARGUMENT ABOUT MONEY, HOW UNUSUAL EH? This is just SO WRONG on every level. Thanks for your reply and Peace
Arjunanda a reply to: hounddoghowlie

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
A 30 year old still living off dear old dad is really just a time bomb waiting to happen. He should have taught the kid to fish....after all the kid had a great education. Sounds like daddy did not want to hire him since it does not list that he had a job, AND dad was paying for everything.

Wussification of America is what happened here.....sad that he killed his dad over a couple hundred bucks a month. Looks like he has now lost his gravy train AND his freedom, as well as his family. Seems this kid was either not raised well or had a propensity for being hotheaded.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The only good hedge fund manager is a dead one. Son killing father is poetic Justice.

Eugenics at its best.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

it is sad, but seeing how he was a late father, 39 ,40 when his son was born if he was 30 i can see him spoiling him. i got a brother that has a daughter born when he was 41 and his wife 40, child is rotten to the core, but we all love her

i bet it was much more than a couple hundred a month, apartments in New York city ant cheap, you do good to get a one room rat hole for 1800 bucks, and this man was claimed to live a playboy lifestyle. he liked the finer things.

edit on 6-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Heck Vasa croe, I know people in their Mid Forties still mooching off of Good Ol Mom and Dad. IOW, this isn't that unusual a case. It's just these people become dependent on the help that they get from their families and become very angry when that help is threatened to be cut off in any way. Good reply and a Star for you
Arjunanda.

a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

This is the final generation of the american dream. Money isn't what it used to be. People will argue all day that there has always been economies and wage disparity etc. etc. but never has the almighty Fiat monetary system been so ingrained into and in control of our lives.

Sure, people have been "in debt" to their overlords since societies first formed (maybe excluding some native american cultures) but this reliance on older generations that younger generations are being forced into has exploded to a whole new level.

Entitled excess aside (which I think is more what this situation was about), it is just a symptom of a much larger and expansive problem.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Interesting case of the father being Too busy making money, than actually being a parent.
Sort of like druggies neglect, but the opposite extreme......the obsession with money.
I remember reading many years ago about the son of a billionaire , who's father died young (40ish).
He said he hardly knew his father, and he was basically an idiot savant.
He never communicated with his children, just continually obsessed about making money, doing deals, "Working" etc.

As far as the "Family" looking after family, why not, it has always been the way.
There are many many rich families in Europe who have past properties, houses, titles down through the family to today.
Even the old days, families lived in the one house and looked after older generations.
It is only in the modern greedy era that people have left home to make their own life and fortune, leaving the oldies to be looked after in old folks homes, and left to rot away slowly.
Tho some older cultures still carry the ancient traditions.
Like Royal Families, rich Lords of England, The Illuminati, and Mega Billionaires of old Europe.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'd say yea Gort51, As it is said, Money isn't The Root of All Evil, but The Love for it Sure Is, Good Post and a Star for you Peace
Arjunanda. a reply to: gort51

top topics

join