It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study links mercury in vaccines to autism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Here is a study stating that some children might have genetic predisposition and unable to detoxify the preservative poisoning on their systems.

My concern is that some flu vaccines still contain mercury!

Some Flu Shots Contain Mercury

(KRT) - ST. LOUIS - Children with autism may process mercury differently than most children, leaving them susceptible to damage from preservatives in vaccines and other sources of the heavy metal, according to a controversial report released Monday.

The report, by the independent Environmental Working Group, highlights the research of S. Jill James, a professor of biochemistry and pediatrics at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.

www.kansascity.com...

[edit on 13-12-2004 by psilocin]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/25/08 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm already concerned that my son may be autistic. He just turned 3 and he's not really talking yet, though he has started babbling more.

He doesn't sit there and bang his head or throw tantrums for no reason, though, which are two signs of it. He does understand things, and he's an affectionate little boy.

If I knew then what I know now, I would never have vaccinated him.

Then there's evidence that the DTP shot causes SIDS. I was reading a site where someone was saying that out of children who were breastfed exclusively and never vaccinated, they had never heard of a single one of those children dying of SIDS.

I feel like I was playing Russian roulette with my son's life and well-being.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This news does not surprise me! I have never like the vaccines they give babies either, all three of my children had varying reactions to them. Thank God they are all fine, but if I were to have small children now I would think twice about giving them the vaccines, although at least here in New York you cannot start school without them!

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
kidshealth.org

Although numerous studies have found no link between autism and vaccines, many parents have still opted not to have their children immunized, putting them at great risk of contracting deadly diseases. But a new groundbreaking report from the Institute of Medicine (IOM) reaffirms that childhood vaccines, as well as a mercury-containing preservative called thimerosal found in some vaccines, do not cause autism.

...This latest report from the IOM comes 2 months after a long-disputed 1998 study was retracted suggesting a possible link between autism and the MMR vaccine. Even before the 1998 study was retracted, it was rejected by all major health organizations - including the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, two prior IOM studies found no link between autism and vaccines....

In an effort to reduce child exposure to mercury and other heavy metals, thimerosal - an organic mercury compound - began being removed from kids' vaccines in 1999. Now, vaccines for infants and young children contain no or very little thimerosal. Nevertheless, there is no reason to believe that thimerosal is linked to autism, according to the latest IOM report, which is the final in a series on vaccine safety sponsored by the CDC and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID).

I never hesitated for a moment in my decision to vaccinate my two girls.

B.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise
This news does not surprise me! I have never like the vaccines they give babies either, all three of my children had varying reactions to them. Thank God they are all fine, but if I were to have small children now I would think twice about giving them the vaccines, although at least here in New York you cannot start school without them!

In most states, you can object due to religious/philosophical/medical reasons, though I'm not sure about NY.

Have you considered homeschooling? That's what I plan to do.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
A study I found done in Denmark:

An article in the September 2003 issue of PEDIATRICS (published by the American Academy of Pediatrics) is abstracted below. Denmark has a universal system of health care and maintains complete registries of health status, including mental health disorders and immunization status. Researchers were able to track the incidence of autism in Denmark during the period, 1971-2000.

Thimerosal was used in vaccines from 1971 through 1990. During this period, there was no increase in the incidence of autism.

However, an increase in autism occurred between 1991 and 2000, during a period when thimerosal-containing vaccines were not used.

These data are good evidence that thimerosal does not play a role in the incidence of autism. autism-biomed

If thimerosal was causing autism then the incidents of autism should have dropped dramatically from 1999 to 2000 when it was no longer in Danish vaccines.

B

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Bleys,

The Denmark study has been faulty since day 1.
That study was paid for by the Pharma interests that don't want to be held responsible. This study is faulty if you actually look at the statistical methods employed. They can get any result they want Bley. Have you ever taken a statistics 101 class?

The IOM is flatly ignoring studies like the study on mice that shows autism in mice with mercury injections the same as what our children got per pound of bodyweight. There is a very simple graph that shows the autism rates skyrocket a couple years after 1990 when the mercury containing vaccines were doubled in our schedule. They ignore those too.
They also ignore solid biological science testing showing mercury to destroy braincells in a lab environment.
They instead place all their findings with the statistical studies that show no correlation.
How can they make a sound judgement on statistical clay, molded by the people who paid$$ for the study?

LOOK UP MERCURY.. IT IS THE 2ND MOST TOXIC SUBSTANCE ON EARTH!
SECOND ONLY TO PLUTONIUM!!!

You say that you never hesitated for a moment in vaccinating your 2 girls.
You blindy take the word of someone who is paid$$, on your children's safety.

Let me ask you a question.
If there is ANY question on the safety of a medicine for your children, are you going to blindy accept the safety arguement from a paragraph in an article written by someone you don't even know, and have never met?

Or are you going to be cautious and demand the toxin free version of the medicine that your child needs, JUST IN CASE there is some truth to the idiot parent's claim?

Your daughters probably came out fine, since autism affects boys 4 times as often as girls. Good for you all.
My son came out Autistic. He is 7 now.

Do I wish I had known more about vaccines before he was juiced up 11 times in 1998 with mercury in his first year of life? You bet I do.

Do people who blindly accept what their told in regards to safety of their children bother me. You bet they do.

try this:

Safeminds
www.safeminds.org

National Autism Association
or this www.nationalautismassociation.org...

If you need more proof I can provide it.
But I shouldn't need it, as you can see the National Autism Association already knows the truth.

Time for you to realize the truth.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The government are phasing out Timerosol, though it is still widly used, some common influenza vaccines using Timerosol (Mercury) as a preservative...

FLUSHIELD

Influenza Virus Vaccine, Trivalent, Types A & B. Wyeth-Ayerst, 1-800-934-5556. Produced using gentamicin sulfate, formaldehyde, po!ysorbate 80, tri(n)butylphosphate, (thimerosol)*. Medium: chick embryos.

FLU VIRIN

Influenza Virus Vaccine. Medeva Pharmaceuticals, 1 -888-MEDEVA (716- 274-5300). Produced using embroyonic fluid (chicken egg), neomycin, polymyxin, (thimerosol)*, betapropiolactone. Medium: embryonic fluid (chicken egg).

Plus a host of other vaccines....

befreetech.com...

A statement has been prepared by the American Academy of Family Physicians, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, and the U.S. Public Health Service in response to 1) the progress being made in achieving the national goal declared in July 1999 to remove thimerosal from vaccines, and 2) the results of studies to better assess any potential relationship between exposure to mercury in thimerosal containing vaccines and health effects.

www.aap.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The point of my post was to provide an alternative point of view - not to engage in a debate on whether I am a fit mother or not. We can respectfully disagree on this issue without making it personal.

Originally posted by kdx175
The Denmark study has been faulty since day 1.
That study was paid for by the Pharma interests that don't want to be held responsible.

I am curious about this since it appeared that it was conducted by Danish Health agencies - which pharmaceutical?

Time for you to realize the truth.

Why is it the truth just because you agree with it? There are just as many, if not more, articles critical of the relationship between autism and vaccines. It is up to each parent to determine what is in their child's best interest based on all available information. To date I have not read a peer reviewed study that led me to conclude that I should not get my kids vaccinated.

B.

CDC facts on thimerosal

BTW- I do agree with the government's decision to phase it out. If alternative preservatives can be found there is no reason to keep it the vaccines even if that means that vaccines have a shorter shelf life.

[edit on 12/21/04 by Bleys]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
The point of my post was to provide an alternative point of view - not to engage in a debate on whether I am a fit mother or not. We can respectfully disagree on this issue without making it personal.

True... we can agree to disagree.
I am sorry to make it personal, my apologies.
But to me, this is the most personal of issues as it concerns my son's past present and future. I will turn into a pitbull on this issue, believe me.
The way you said "I never hesitated for a moment" ...well nuff said.
I know if I would have been better informed on the issue, I sure would have hesitated.

I am curious about this since it appeared that it was conducted by Danish Health agencies - which pharmaceutical?

Thats not the point.
The point is the study has flawed methodology, and is not valid.
I will try and dig up a link that shows the real methology, but this is old news.

What you should really be asking yourself is why they are looking at data from a country other than your own.
Where is the data from the USA of Autism rates in correlation with Vaccine's with mercury?
The answer is.. in the VSD database run by the CDC.
The same database they closed to the independant researchers when a direct correlation to the increase in ADHD and Autism was found with the introduction of more vaccines containing mercury. What they found was children vaccinated with Thimerosal 27 times more likely to develop delayed development, ADHD, AUTISM, SPEECH DELAYS. 27 times more likely than children not vaccinated with Thimerosal.
Like I said... the VSD was closed to the outside research after that. And only studies done by the CDC are allowed.

Why is it the truth just because you agree with it? There are just as many, if not more, articles critical of the relationship between autism and vaccines. It is up to each parent to determine what is in their child's best interest based on all available information. To date I have not read a peer reviewed study that led me to conclude that I should not get my kids vaccinated.

What you have read in the past is moot. Articles posted in past Pediatrics is moot. The old articles are outdated and no longer apply to the current research and what we know now.
Everything recently published past 2001 acknowledges the problem and discusses the strategy for removing Thimerosal asap.

Even articles published by the CDC, FDA admit to the problem, and thus the solution of removing Thimerosal, but at the same time they imply ignorance on their part if you read between the lines in their statements.

The way I read the official CDC's statements is like this:
"We have initially found a slight relationship between tics, speech delays, etc with Thimerosal exposure, but the data is inconclusive, and we need to run more tests. In the meantime, instead of erroring on the side of caution, we will continue using the same substance for preservative, and phasing it out as time/money permits. "

Wouldn't erroring on the side of safety be wiser?
Wouldn't you agree?
Or is saving time/money better for our children?

You are debating a dead horse, the issue is already known.
Did you even goto the link I provided and read the whole Petition from the National Autism Association?

Your sig says Deny Ignorance, but you are still ignorant on this particular issue.
The truth is not going to change.
There is going to be people who will never accept it, like you, because they cannot fathom they once put their children in that kind of danger.
You are not wrong for believing your side, your just human.
This is the only rational reason I can come up with that you and others like you would fight for their side.

BTW- I do agree with the government's decision to phase it out. If alternative preservatives can be found there is no reason to keep it the vaccines even if that means that vaccines have a shorter shelf life.

OMG, Why do you agree with the removal if you think it is perfectly safe??
It boggles the mind!!

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Wouldn't erroring on the side of safety be wiser?
Wouldn't you agree?

I did by agreeing with the government's decision to remove thermosal - yet you criticized me for doing so. Kind of damned if I do or damned if I don't, but whatever.

Your sig says Deny Ignorance, but you are still ignorant on this particular issue.
The truth is not going to change.
There is going to be people who will never accept it, like you, because they cannot fathom they once put their children in that kind of danger.

Am I ignorant because I want to see proof? Even the autism community is still waiting for definitive proof and is no longer supporting litigation against vaccine manufacturers. This from an autism news site I found:

Studies on the link between thimerosal and autism have been mixed. Besides the CDC, NIH and other medical organisations, the Autism Society of America - the nation's largest autism group - has not publicly supported the new batch of lawsuits because "the evidence is still out," says its president, Lee Grossman. autismconnect

It's interesting to note that the study that got this whole ball really rolling to begin with has been retracted by 10 of its 13 authors. It was also discovered that the individual who headed this study was being financed by lawyers of parents who had autistic children. Link

Like I asked for earlier - show me a peer-reviewed study showing a causal link and not one based on supposition and I'll reconsider my position.

B.

[edit on 12/21/04 by Bleys]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

It's interesting to note that the study that got this whole ball really rolling to begin with has been retracted by 10 of its 13 authors. It was also discovered that the individual who headed this study was being financed by lawyers of parents who had autistic children. Link

This link you provided us is about the MMR(Measles Mumps Rubella) vaccine which does not have Thimerosal in it and never did. This has nothing to do with mercury. Please stay on topic. The MMR vaccine, and the fact that live measles virus have been found living in the guts of autistic children, is a seperate issue. The other issue with Autism may be immune system damage. Do you really want to talk about this seperate issue as well?

Look, I have been researching the Mercury-Autism link for 5 years since my son was 2.
How long have you researched this? a day or 2?
You want some links?
fine, this is a closed issue for me, but I will entertain your inquiry.

27 times more likely to have developmental delays:
www.bioprobe.com...

Children recovering after removal of Mercury:
www.mothering.com...

Here is a group who discusses nothing but the Mercury-Autism connection.
There is over 4500 active members dicussing it, and how to remove mercury.
health.groups.yahoo.com...
Here is a little challenge, go there and post your point of view.
See if you can get the proof you need.

I don't have time now to provide more links, but the folks there would be more than glad, believe me.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by kdx175]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

This link you provided us is about the MMR(Measles Mumps Rubella) vaccine which does not have Thimerosal in it and never did. This has nothing to do with mercury.

I brought it up to show that this study was the one that got everyone on the "don't vaccinate" bandwagon. Anything and everything that is wrong with our children we want to blame on vaccines. Doesn't matter if someone relies on flawed research conducted by someone who was on the litigators payroll. As to how long I have been interested in vaccines - I guess it would have to be since I was pregnant with my first child 10 years ago and made the decision to vaccinate. To date the only vaccine I have chosen not to give my kids is the chicken pox vaccine.

27 times more likely to have developmental delays:
www.bioprobe.com...

Your link says a group of researchers reviewed a database from the CDC and found this 27x more likely trend. The press release also notes that they were going to present this information to IOM on February 9, 2004. What were the results of the presentation - did anyone buy it? Doesn't look like it.

From the IOM's final report issued May 2004:

This eighth and final report of the Immunization Safety Review Committee examines the hypothesis that vaccines, specifically the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine AND thimerosal-containing vaccines, are causally associated with autism. The committee reviewed the extant published and unpublished epidemiological studies regarding causality and studies of potential biologic mechanisms by which these immunizations might cause autism.

The committee concludes that the body of epidemiological evidence favors rejection of a causal relationship between the MMR vaccine and autism. The committee also concludes that the body of epidemiological evidence favors rejection of a causal relationship between thimerosal-containing vaccines and autism. The committee further finds that potential biological mechanisms for vaccine-induced autism that have been generated to date are theoretical only. IOM

B.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Your link says a group of researchers reviewed a database from the CDC and found this 27x more likely trend. The press release also notes that they were going to present this information to IOM on February 9, 2004. What were the results of the presentation - did anyone buy it? Doesn't look like it.

Here is what the IOM based their decision on.
If you would have bothered to check the 2nd link, you would have read this. The same flawed Danish study is mentioned, as well as the reasons it is flawed.

It appears the IOM based most of their findings on a Danish study by Anders Peter Hviid. Mr. Hviid clearly stated that from four months up to nine months of age, the discrepancy widens between the Danish and the US schedule showing clearly that American children have a much higher mercury burden than children in Denmark.

Another flawed study the IOM has seemed to base their findings on was by Elizabeth Miller of the UK. Ms. Miller stated that the children of the UK do not get the flu shot nor the hepatitis B shot as American children do. She goes on to add, "the only source of exposure to thimerosal containing vaccines in the UK children in the first year of life is the DTP or DT containing vaccines." Which yet again reiterates that the American vaccine schedule clearly exposes children to a much higher amount of mercury containing vaccines in the first year of life.

Dr. Boyd Haley, while questioning Mr. Hviid's findings asked him the rate of autism per 10,000 population in Denmark versus the US and Britain because he was showing two different vaccine schedules, Mr. Hviid was not able to give him an answer.

"The reason I asked the young man the question, our work is comparing apples to cows when we compare the American autism situation to the Danish situation," says Dr. Haley.

He also points out, "So the conclusion that I have is, there appears to be a subset of the population that cannot effectively excrete mercury and they are at greater risk for exposure in the general population. The presence of the other heavy metals, antibiotics, may enhance the toxicity of thimerosal."

Dr. Mark Geier comments on their studies, "At the high levels (of thimerosal exposure), it is undeniable there is a causal relationship, and we have gone to high levels. Their studies, therefore are not relevant, I am not saying they are wrong, although there are many criticisms of it. It is just not relative to the US situation."

Dr. Geier�s study published in the peer-reviewed Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons concludes that there is an increase of neurodevelopment disorders following the use of Thimerosal containing vaccines.

And..... Dr. Geier's study was published in the "peer-reviewed" Journal, just as you asked earlier...

You also have not said anything about my challenge to post on the Yahoo group.

Your arguements are beginning to wear thin.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I did review all of your links. I was particulary interested in Geier's study but that was ruined when the peer reviewed article contained the following disclaimer:

Dr. Mark Geier has done consulting work and appeared as an expert witness and Dr. David Geier has done consulting work in cases before the NVICP and in civil suits involving vaccine adverse reactions.

He has a vested interest and that taints his credibility. It also does not change the fact that the IOM dismissed his conclusions as theory without evidence.

The committee also reviewed evidence related to possible biological mechanisms by which immunizations might trigger autism...

However, no evidence has yet been found that the immune system or its activation play a direct role in causing autism, the report notes. Autism also has never been documented as a consequence of exposure to high doses of mercury. While the committee agreed that the studies exploring these hypotheses raise interesting questions, they do not address the specifics of how autism could result. Therefore, evidence for any biological mechanism linking vaccines with autism can only be considered theoretical.

Autism is not a single condition, but rather a complex set of severe developmental disorders -- also referred to as autistic spectrum disorders -- characterized by sustained impairments in social interaction and communication abilities, as well as restricted or repetitive patterns of behaviors and interests. It is unclear how many cases of autism there are, but two reviews of published studies put the prevalence at one case for every 1,000 children. While some information suggests that autism rates may be rising, it is not clear whether the observed increase is real or due to factors such as heightened awareness of the disorder or the use of a broader diagnostic definition.

It should also be noted that the committee relied on numerous studies:

Five large epidemiological studies conducted in the United States, the United Kingdom, Denmark, and Sweden since 2001 consistently provided evidence that there is no association between thimerosal-containing vaccines and autism. Similarly, 14 large epidemiological studies consistently showed no association between the MMR vaccine and autism. The committee also reviewed five studies that reported links between thimerosal and autism and two that indicated a connection between the MMR vaccine and the disorder. However, limitations in how these studies were conducted and how the data were analyzed led the committee to conclude that they did not provide evidence supporting an association between vaccines and autism.

As to your offer to post my comments on a board with similar views to yours - not a chance - you've made up your mind as have they. My posts are not meant to convert, only to get people to explore alternative points of view.

B.

Source

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

He has a vested interest and that taints his credibility.

Oh this is about money?
I thought this was about children. Heck if you want to bring $$money into it, why not figure out how much money the Pharma company brings in for vaccine$.
And then figure out how much they make of Ritalin and other drugs for kids with later diagnosed with ADHD. Billion$$.
And the government, I suppose they don't have any interests in this?
Does money make the Geier's findings 100% wrong?

Why are we talking about money anway?

This is about children, and the skyrocketing rates of autism, AND the raw facts about mercury, AND the raw facts about mercury laced vaccines in tiny babies bodies.

This is about SCIENCE, not money, or the politics of government.

You said there were 5 studies that the IOM based their findings on?
And I easily established that 2 of them were flawed.
So the IOM was %60 correct?
What if I established that the USA study was found flawed as well?
Would the IOM be %40 correct?
Who are the IOM anyway? There is no toxicologist on their board. None of them has any special knowledge. They are political figures in a great medical establishment.

Where was the other side's biological science showing Thimerosal's safety?
Where was their study that showed mercury to be safe with brain cells?
Where was the other's sides study on mice?

All the HARD BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE that ws presented was called "theoretical" by the mouthpieces at the IOM, with no plans for further research.

No plans for further research? After children have been cured by removing exess metals and mercury? My own son has shown remarkable progress after treatment. No they claim that is doesn't work and prescribe Ritalin instead.

This is particulary sinister to keep covering this up now.
what could possibly be the motivation for this sinister cover-up? oh thats right.. you were talking about money..

The sites you are quoting now for your arguement are official government sites, and they are spouting the official government byline.

If you blindly beleive the IOM, and back their flawed studies, then I can't change your mind.

Unless you can bring up some biological science to back Thimerosal's complete safety, don't bother.

As to your offer to post my comments on a board with similar views to yours - not a chance - you've made up your mind as have they. My posts are not meant to convert, only to get people to explore alternative points of view.

Of course you won't post on Autism-Mercury on Yahoo and see if anyone responds. Your not actually interested in learning anything. Your only interested in "winning" this arguement for our viewers right?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

groundbreaking report from the Institute of Medicine (IOM) reaffirms that childhood vaccines, as well as a mercury-containing preservative called thimerosal found in some vaccines, do not cause autism.

GROUNDBRAKING?! I'm sorry but this is funny. Reaafirmation of safety after majority of scientist did conclude that there is a link betweek autism and thimerasol?! Who is paying whom here?

IOM had studies that were not flawed, and not paid by pharma companies.

David Baskin, M.D. Relation of Neurotoxic Effects of Thimerosal to Autism. IOM presentation, Feb 9, 2004.

Audio : www.iom.edu...
pdf: www.iom.edu...

This is quite scientific presentation by a professor of neurology who makes it clear - thimerosal is neurotoxic.

IOM seems to have discredited alot of studies and paid attention to those that seemed to suit their needs, and the needs of the vaccine manufacturers to keep cheaper process of manufacturing.

Thimerosol free vaccines are just a bit more expensive.

But why pass out recomendations and suggest that there is no clear evidence of toxicity after there have been many studies that proof toxicity!

Even a single study that raised questions about the safety of thimerosol should prevent CDC and FDA from keeping the label of " no clear evidence".

It's unfortunate but true - FDA and CDC are owned by big pharma. I'm not even talking about IOM.

Don't wait for products to be pulled, protect yourself.

Keyword here is conflict of interest.
Here is some stats regarding IOM recent study.

US National Academy of Sciences
Institute of Medicine
Washington, DC
Immunization Safety Review Committee Hearing
Monday - February 9, 2004 8:30AM � 5:00PM

Out of 15 speakers polled:

60% (9) felt there IS a link to Autism etc. (This represents all those with NO conflicts of interest)

26% (4) felt there is NO link to Autism etc. (This represents all those WITH conflicts of interest)

14% (2) were noncommittal. (This group likely to have conflicts of interest)

100% of those with no conflicts of interest are convinced there is a massive problem.

(See Stats on Consensus)

www.universityofhealth.net...

====================

Partial list of studies linking thimerosal to Autism

Bernard S, Enayati A, Redwood L, Roger H, Binstock T. Autism: a novel form of mercury poisoning. Med. Hypotheses. 2001 Apr;56(4):462-71. PMID: 11339848

Geier DA, Geier MR. An assessment of the impact of thimerosal on childhood neurodevelopmental disorders. Pediatr Rehabil. 2003 Apr-Jun;6(2):97-102. PMID: 14534046

Geier MR, Geier DA. Neurodevelopmental disorders after thimerosal-containing vaccines: a brief communication. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2003 Jun;228(6):660-4. PMID: 12773696

Geier & Geier. Parents' worries about thimerosal in vaccines are well founded! pediatrics.aappublications.org...

David Baskin, M.D. et al. Thimerosal induces DNA breaks, caspase-3 activation, membrane damage, and cell death in cultured human neurons and fibroblasts. Toxicol Sci. 2003 Aug;74(2):361-8. Epub 2003 May 28. PMID: 12773768

Mady Hornig, M.D Etiologic factors and pathogenesis of autism: evidence from clinical studies and animal models. IOM presentation, Feb 9 2004 Audio only: www.iom.edu...

Richard C. Deth, Ph.D. Effects of Mercury on Methionine Synthase: Implications for Disordered Methylation in Autism DAN! 2003 Philadelphia - 216.117.159.91...

Richard C. Deth, Ph.D. A Link Between Thimerosal and the Brain: Can Vaccines Affect Central Nervous System Function? Molecular Psychiatry 2004, Volume 9.

Vojdani A, Pangborn JB et al. Infections, toxic chemicals and dietary peptides binding to lymphocyte receptors and tissue enzymes are major instigators of autoimmunity in autism. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2003 Sep-Dec;16(3):189-99. PMID: 14611720

Jeff Bradstreet, M.D. A Case-control Study of Mercury Burden in Children with Autistic Disorders and Measles Virus Genomic RNA in Cerebrospinal Fluid in Children with Regressive Autism. IOM presentation, Feb 9, 2004

Slides: www.iom.edu... - Audio: www.iom.edu...

Valsamakis A et al. Altered virulence of vaccine strains of measles virus after prolonged replication in human tissue. J Virol. 1999 73(10): 8791-7. PMID 10482633 jvi.asm.org...

The CDC's original findings before the CDC began to manipulate the data, obtained via the Freedom of Information Act: High risk values for thimerosal injections and a range of neurologic problems, including ADHD, tics, language problems, and autism. factsformedia.com...

Excerpts from CDC�s in-house conference: Thimerosal sequelae www.nationalautismassociation.org...

Congressman, Dr. Weldon's letter to the CDC director, available at: momsonamissionforautism.org...

Institute of Medicine presentation of Congressman Dave Weldon, M.D. - www.nationalautismassociation.org...

Geier MR, Geier DA. Autism and thimerosal-containing vaccines: analysis of the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS). IOM presentation, Feb 9, 2004. Slides: www.iom.edu... -- Audio: www.iom.edu...

David Baskin, M.D. Relation of Neurotoxic Effects of Thimerosal to Autism. IOM presentation, Feb 9, 2004.

Audio only: www.iom.edu...

[edit on 22-12-2004 by psilocin]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm bumping up this thread. I don't need the points and what I heard today on MSNBC fits into this topic.

On Imus in the Morning today, they were talking about how a lawsuit was being brought against drug companies. Since 1989, kids began getting more vaccines. More vaccines, more and more cases of disorders such as ADHD and autism.

Within the last five years there has been a burgeoning body of scientific and medical evidence suggesting that neurodevelopmental disorders, including autism spectrum disorder (ASD) are caused by thimerosal. Thimerosal has become a major source of mercury in children who, within their first two years, may have received a quantity of mercury in excess of safety guidelines. Since the 1930's, pharmaceutical companies and drug manufacturers have used thimerosal as a way to prevent the formation of bacteria in their vaccines. However, there are safer alternatives to keep vaccines contaminant-free.

lawsuit details

I did find the guest on the Imus' show
avid KIrby. He was discussing his new book Evidence of Harm

New York Times contributor David Kirby explores the chilling possibility that a vaccine additive may be fueling an apparent epidemic of autism, ADD, speech delay and other disorders in America’s children.

Other links:
THIMEROSAL: ETHYLMERCURY IN VACCINES, a possible cause of autism-spectrum disorders including autism, ADHD, PDD, & anorexia
evidenceofharm.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.mercola.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I know that these vaccines cause autism. My son has Aspergers (a form of autism). Prior to the vaccines he was perfect, but immediately after he received the vaccine everything changed. My son now goes through IV Chelation therapy (not covered by insurance) to remove the mercury that he received from the vaccines.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Mercury is no longer in Vaccinations. Studies indicate that even in countries where they have not used mercury in vaccinations for a long time, autism is still on the rise. Mercury in dental fillings has never been linked to autism. There is a great deal of BAD Science surrounding the plight of Autism. Much more work needs to be done and blaming vaccinations needs to end.

What about the toxic use of Flouride in drinking water?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join