It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Yes. That is Barrack Obama’s daughter in a Pro Era t-shirt"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

I expect their peers do a better job at encouraging such things. You sound like someone from the 50's talking about when Rock and Roll came out, I believe people said the same thing. Parents who actually parent talk to their children, it starts early, like at birth. Issues are discussed as they arise. Guidance is about setting boundaries of behavior, you also need to pick your battles. Clothes unless they are tiny strips of cloth, or falling down, and music, a wise parent lets those be. imho
edit on 5-1-2015 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Your point?
Curiosity can influence young kids to dabble in the occult, sex and drugs.
Human nature alone can influence young kids to dabble in the occult, sex and drugs.
Their peers can influence young kids to dabble in the occult, sex and drugs.
Don't blame Music, Games and or Books for human choices.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen
music can influence young kids to dabble in the occult, sex and drugs because they make it cool. a reply to: Iamschist

That is a dumb statement.
A one that some religious fanatic parent would make about their kids listening to rap/metal.

I never heard of somebody say "yeah, let's go out and kill some people.... I heard it in a marduk song, seems cool" or "Hey let's do some coke, the rap song I just heard makes it sound like a lot of fun"

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
She seems to be a fan of (Pro Era)...thus wearing the T-shirt.

"Pro Era, also known as Progressive Era, is an American hip hop collective from Brooklyn, New York City. The collective includes, among others, rappers Joey Bada$$, CJ Fly, Kirk Knight, Nyck Caution, Dyemond Lewis, A La $ole, Rawle, Dirty Sanchez, Ali and T'nah Apex, along with producers Chuck Strangers and Powers Pleasant."

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

She likes hip hop...she is a teenager...to me this is normal.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
im just saying looks like pro era gonna have an insider in the white house now. They are determined to cause a shift and gaining the president's daughter support is just another step for them and they are using this picture to gain more following and send a message in a way. These kids are well informed for their age.

Obamas daughter is listening to music that talks about opening 3rd eye, chakras,psychedelics, burning herb, astral projection, freemasonry, Egyptian philosophies, she basically just hopped on the new age movement bandwagon in a way.

reply to: caladonea

edit on 5-1-2015 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Another logo pro era uses "47 logo"
Either she is really ignorant or she is down with the shift these groups are trying to bring.

"I started astral projecting more and more and saw deeper into the future and i was like yo, we basically have to create a group of all indigos. We have to come together and create our music. Like eventually were gonna have to be about our message which is taking over the government. So i guess on some 47 # that's our next step you know." - Capital STEEZ

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Funny. I automatically thought ERA - Equal Rights Amendment and that It was a girl power thing. Now I find that it's some kind of rap thing or something like that? Okay. Never heard of them. If she's really smart she'll go get $$$ endorsements to wear different t-shirts for different musicians she likes. She can sell t-shirt space and promise to get her picture taken in them or something. It would be enterprising.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Obamas daughter is listening to music that talks about opening 3rd eye, chakras,psychedelics, burning herb, astral projection, freemasonry, Egyptian philosophies, she basically just hopped on the new age movement bandwagon in a way.

How do you know she is listening to their music? I sometimes wear a "All Dogs" tshirt and I don't even know who they are. It was a gift from a friend.
And Wearing a T shirt signifies that she has jumped on the new age movement bandwagon. That seems like a leap in logic.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Just because she listens to the music doesn't mean she believes in what the songs talk about. I listen to Led Zeppelin sing about the stairway to heaven but that doesn't mean I believe in heaven.
edit on 5-1-2015 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My son wears gay pride t-shirts does that make me Gay......NO! It is his opinion. This thread makes no sense whatsoever unless it is yet another pathetic I hate Obama thread.

I hate Cameron (UK PM) but I don't start threads about his family...........sheeesh what has ATS come to!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I agree but shes in a pose where she wants you to clearly see the logo on the shirt. Which makes me wonder if this is an intentional picture for attention.a reply to: buster2010

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I agree but shes in a pose where she wants you to clearly see the logo on the shirt. Which makes me wonder if this is an intentional picture for attention.a reply to: buster2010

A teenage girl seeking attention! Showing off their newly developing breasts. How is that possible?

sheesh....indeed!
edit on 5-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
She probably follows them on Twitter, record label probably sent over a few free t shirts. People talking about pro era. I've never heard of them before, but will probably check out a few of their vids on YouTube coz I like to be down with the yoof for real

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

How do you know she is listening to their music? I sometimes wear a "All Dogs" tshirt and I don't even know who they are. It was a gift from a friend.
And Wearing a T shirt signifies that she has jumped on the new age movement bandwagon. That seems like a leap in logic.

Quite true. I had a t-shirt from a local country music station when I was a kid. But at that time, I absolutely hated country music and wore it because someone gave it to me & it became just another shirt in the drawer.

@ElOmen, If her wearing or listening to this group I've never heard of is this massive of an issue for you, avoid New Age. I mean, it never made me question the government or dabble in the occult or alternative stuff, but oh my god, it could if you say so. /sarcasm
edit on 1/5/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I used to dj and i can peraonally tell you music can really influence peoples minds from what ive seen.a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I used to dj and i can peraonally tell you music can really influence peoples minds from what ive seen.a reply to: Nyiah

And i produce, shoot, edit, direct music videos and play 6 instruments but That in no way makes me an expert on how music affects people.
All people are different in how they perceive all media, not just music. Media is meant to influence people but the environment, social status, cultural milieu etc is what determines their perception and reactions.

I think you are just looking for a reason to rag on Obama...that's cool!

Thanks for the opportunity to post up some of my work. This one was for the 48hr film project where we write, shoot and edit a film in 48 hrs.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

That still doesn't mean she believes in what they sing about just that she likes their music. If I like AC/DC's highway to hell does that mean I'm promoting Satan worship? Seriously she is a kid and you need to get off her case. Attacks on kids which is just what this thread is are pathetic.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Fancy that, so did my husband in his college years. He's pretty certain that it's the poisons of choice & company that lead to influences, rather than the tunes.

You have no idea how much music I listened to as a teen/younger adult where I completely ignored the lyrics. Had no clue that what I listened to from Ginuwine, for example, as a teen was so explicit, lol. The rhythm is what hooked me, so maybe it's the same for her.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
thats one of the problems, that if the beat of the song sounds good. you could insert any lyrics you want into it they will completely ignore the lyrics and still enjoy the song not knowing what its about. Thats when it gets into their subconcious mind without them realizing it.reply to: Nyiah

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

thats one of the problems, that if the beat of the song sounds good. you could insert any lyrics you want into it they will completely ignore the lyrics and still enjoy the song not knowing what its about. Thats when it gets into their subconcious mind without them realizing it.reply to: Nyiah

How does this one effect you Mr. DJ?

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join