It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of going to the trouble of writing a post here please?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Debate usually has different opinions. We're not saving the world posting or debating. It's a release really. I find out sometimes that the way I'm thinking about a certain topic is wrong. That's the beauty of debate.We can be right or wrong and it's not critical. Sometimes we learn something or at least a different perspective.

If we voiced most of the things we post in public, they would commit us. We can agree to disagree and still be friends. Some things we agree on and some we don't. Sometimes some of us may have had one too many beers and it shows. It's always entertaining. I try to be a little over the top to get things going. Levity lets me relax on very touchy topics.

The point is there really isn't a point. I'm glad we're all different because the world would suck if everyone was like me. Sun Tzu um... Expat888 is correct in a way. Everyone has an opinion.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

This is exactly why I stopped writing posts here. I do enjoy reading others' posts, though.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Do what I do. Just take a deep, cleansing breath and ignore it. They'll get bored and leave you alone.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Hey there Non-spec, what happend???

I hope it wasn't the pineapple???

This site can be a minefield.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

It's been my perception that much of the posting on this site has as it's primary purpose the flexing and stroking of the posting member's own ego. Really, people post here for the same reason they speak to others in their everyday lives, simply to express and strengthen their sense of "self". You've heard the phrase "talking to hear oneself talk". That's it in a nutshell.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

When you get conflicting agendas with sock puppets, ideological retards, school kids, religious fanatics, tough guy wannabees, political tyrants, absolute fools,
nerd cakes, fanboys, senile old geezers, tons of drunks, gamer addicts, meth heads, more styles of posers than its able to count, mean old women and some people that are just bat **** crazy....

Really what do you expect. It's just entertainment and to turn it into anything else is folly. However sometimes you can encounter brilliance and creativity by some members that makes wading thru all the BS worthwhile.

Best post I have read in a while here olaru.
Had me laughing and thinking at the same time.
A lot of truth in what you typed.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

What is the point of going to the trouble of writing a post here please?

My top picks

1.You’re bored with nothing better to do.
2.Thought you were engaging in a intellectual conversation.
3. Temporary delusion that someone might actually give a chit about what you have to say.

Guilty of all three recently, and have one to add.

Taking medication after surgery, which makes all three of those you mentioned magnified.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join