It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Protesters Storm NYC Restaurants – Target & Harass White People Eating Brunch

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Nobody will like this but in truth this entire issue is a load of hooey perpetuated by some of the worst elements in the Black community.

Here is the Truth...

Over the last 20 years one of the most striking demographic changes in America has been the movement of African Americans into the suburbs and in the direction of the South, the reality is that Half of the African American population now lives in just 10 states and is Suburban having comfortably integrated into Caucasian communities or their own relatively comfortable if not affluent suburbs

What does this mean?

It means for the upwardly mobile half (and lets be honest half of any group of people is the stupid half) of the African community life has never been better, these communities aren't seeing Black people get shot at any rate different than Whites, the income is decent and in national norms, the education is good and racism which exists has largely been reduced to (justly) getting annoyed if a store clerk watches a guy who makes 60 G a year thinking he's a shoplifter... the gap in arrest rates vs Caucasians in these communities is still a bit higher but a couple of percent most of these African Americans don't speak or act very different than their white counter parts and fit in just fine...

Then there is the ghetto, the African Americans that didn't "Black flight" the inner cities over the last 20 years, the crime differential is massive compared to their suburban African American counter parts, the education available, rate of even voting is incredibly low and the neighborhoods are run over by drug dealers which leads to extreme police behavior

But as a fact, there are now 2 Black Americas... The integrated suburban Black America and the isolated by Choice very often Inner city (which has demographically declined substantially)

Inner city African Americans have essentially lost much of the educated base of the community and income that came along with it, there is little hope in what remains of these communities the young male inhabitants are very often violent and dangerous which further isolates those areas again and leaves the police on edge

It's just not 1989, suburban African Americans while they stand against racism are often as far removed (half) from these conditions as their Caucasian counter parts

It's not going to get better either, just worse... That was the mantra for decades "get out of the ghetto" and realistically Half of African Americans who had the brains the ethics and chutzpah did... What was left behind were the more dysfunctional families the addicts those who didn't choose a route of education very often.. but mainly this round of inner city strife wasn't about "White flight" and racism which made life difficult in the past, this round was and is called "Black Flight" and there is no one to blame, the upwardly mobile Black population moved on no one can blame them for that and blaming white people is just as foolish

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: deadeyedick

now tell me the correct number of yrs. it takes to remove such mental scarring?

How bout instead you tell me if any of these protesters were slaves.........

*crickets*

no crickets.
Your statment assumes that humans do not pass down through genitcs changes and physical imprints that occur from envrionmental stimulas.

i think the term genitic imprint covers it. In that case it would take a few more generations to reverse the effects of any serious stimulas that happens to a group over a long period of time.
edit on 4-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

I would describe being stomped,kicked,etc.by large numbers of blacks (on multiple occasions for no reason)as being pain.

By your logic,I should have the right to become like a racist "The Punisher".

I used to be extremely racist-because of what ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME-I can't imagine whining about something that happened to OTHER PEOPLE that lived in ANOTHER ERA OF TIME.

You are just making excuses for their behavior.

bs we are talking about the slavery of a whole group of people and not just the horrors of my or your life as individuals. Even more to the point i am speaking of the trait that blacks have of sticking together or the group mentality and your post gives proof. I have not made the claim of if this mentality is good or bad but that it exist.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: deadeyedick

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Goods points but you danced around my implication that due to their unique circumstances in life they became even more culturally intwined than just about every other ethenic group other than the jews who have had similar paths. The unity and overall sacrifice to survive attidude is actually one huge factor in what made america great. That is often the case anytime pressure is appplied to things.

It's 2014. The black community that you paint with stereotypes did not grow up in slavery, or even segregation. You know slavery ended 150 years ago, right?

Let's snap back to reality.

The events that triggered the protests were 2 cases where a Grand Jury heard all the evidence, considered the evidence, and did not find enough evidence to bring charges based on the law.

Justice does not mean getting the results you want. Justice means allowing the system, however flawed it might or might not be, play out.

It's the same justice system that many of the same people praised when OJ Simpson was found not guilty of murdering his wife and Ron Goldman.

To equate people going into a restaurant and disrupting diners because of these cases really diminishes their credibility, imo.

It's so outrageously counter-productive I would think looking at it as false flag may be a better angle. Who decided this was a smart thing to do? Who in the media decided to make this a headline story?

Who benefits from this? What's the consequence if their is more division and backlash?

Who wins? I promise you it's not the black community that wins from this type of protest over what happened with Garner and Brown.

What i know is that my great grandfather who i met when younger owned slaves.

i know i was a 5yo boy being called sir by grown black men with fear in their eyes.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Chinatown's Sex Slaves - Human Trafficking and San Francisco's History

Just to let you know, blacks weren't the only slaves in America.

yes but the numbers are not even close.

You also have to take into account their ethenic cultures where they came from. The religious views of the two groups account for much.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

They are committing more crime-so obviously they would end up being shot more by the police.

or perhaps the truth is that they are committing the same amount of crime as others but they are being policed more than others.

no police profile the one percent for reasons of stopping crimes from happening.

in order for your statment to be fact you would need the total number of crimes committed by everyone and not just the number of prosecutions or arrest.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

originally posted by: DrJunk

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: DrJunk

Sorry, was there a racial segregation policy I missed at these restaurants the jackasses were protesting?

There is a racial segregation you must have missed. The Right to Life is being denied black people by the police at a rate of 21 times that of their white neighbors.

Genocide is genocide.

I'm a stats geek. Can you provide your source?

Thanks for your input.

I'm not interested in discussing this topic with you.

Anybody else know where to find stats that show blacks are being killed at a rate of 21 times their white neighbors? Or is this just made up nonsense?

Don't know how updated this is, but have a go & see what you think?? Wish I can bring the graph here. Still can't figure out how to post pics: www.fbi.gov...

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

It is bulls#...

It's not even close to 21.

Thanks. I like knowing the real stats, the facts. This really shouldn't be that hard of a number to figure out.

Still, no matter what the number it's not meaningful unless there is an established causation. Claiming skin color is the cause of the stat is incredibly naive and stupid. If you had to make your living analyzing stats and making decisions based off of that analysis, and simply used correlation, not causation, you would be broke.

Exactly. Blacks commit way more crime per capita so it stands to reason there is a higher likelihood they will be in violent encounters with police. Not racism. Just math...

Exactly, and probably not skin color as much as education, income level, and I would bet neighborhood.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

i am ok with calling it blind unity used for the benefit of a certain group and is often hijacked by some in the group that do not work for the benefit of the group but claim they do.

i think it can be summed up by saying they defend eachother when they get a chance and guilt is not a factor. This is exactly the tactic the police often use also and it was present when the police backed up wilsons lies.

Both cases of the use hurt the overall betterment of society.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

why would a successful black man/woman recently out of the ghetto ever wanna invest in these neighborhoods? Why would any educated person ever wanna go back to that?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

then explain the multitudes of people who have had horrible childhoods and upbringing and succeed and are good people despite it....

There are too many examples of people rising above their situations, to use what happened 60+ years ago as an excuse......

The people carrying out this sort of thing in the black community dont need a crutch, they need a reality check

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

"Storm" and "harass" in the title just don't belong there.

After watching the video nothing seemed confrontational about it - which is the opposite feeling of what I though by reading the description and tweets. I saw no one yelling or singling anyone out. Annoying, possibly but that's about it - a small inconvenience.

I do wish they would stop with the justice for Mike Brown stuff.
I thought it was proven he was not only assaulting the officer but had robbed a store earlier in the day.
Not the kind of guy who deserves all the attention imo.
There are much better examples than him at any rate.
edit on 4-1-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
You have to remember that we are not that far removed from Jim Crow. My parents were part of the civil rights generation. They grew up drinking out of "colored" water fountains. This country has literally gone from brutal racism and segregation to having a black President in the span of barely two generations.

In some ways the black community is still scarred. However, I believe the black community has not moved forward because of liberal progressive politics that emphasized victimhood.

In fact, I would say the main reason we see these racial issues coming from the black community is because the civil rights era was too successful. We've made so much progress on the racial front that I think it actually has caused the black community to not recognize how far we've come. This is why younger generations of blacks act as if they are oppressed by BS "microaggressions" and not really understanding the what real racism looks like.

As a black man, yes I've been slighted. However, I'd never act like I experienced the same level of discrimination and blatant racism that my parents and grandparents endured. It isn't even close. As a 40+ year old black man, I've never been told to go to the back of the bus. Never received a letter from the Klan warning me not to go to certain schools like my father did. Never seen someone lynched.

The black community and liberals NEED racism because without it we would then be forced to look inward at our own failings.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Jamie1

No problem...

126 Black people killed by police in a population of 45,003,665...
That's 1 in 357,171

326 White people killed by police in a population of 245,532,000...
That's 1 in 753,165...

Population stats from Google...
The shot & killed statistics made famous by Bill O'Reilly come from 2012 apparently...

There is no regulation of statistics in general in the U.S.

So we can safely say that in 2012 Black people were twice as likely to be killed by police...
What the stats would tell us for 2014 is pretty much impossible to find out.

no we can not safely say that, I seriously doubt that Obama and his family are twice as likely to be killed by a police officer than a white meth dealer in new York city.

The best that we can say is that blacks in high crime areas probably have a higher chance of being killed by a police officer than say a white person, like bill gates,in low crime areas.

we also have to take into account that since blacks commit more crimes than whites that they probably have more interactions with the police than whites do. More interactions would increase the odds of being involved in a police shooting.

There are too many variables to draw any safe conclusions from statistics.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

then explain the multitudes of people who have had horrible childhoods and upbringing and succeed and are good people despite it....

There are too many examples of people rising above their situations, to use what happened 60+ years ago as an excuse......

The key word i used was group mentality

Your example is incorrect because blacks have made it out too. There will always be some that rise up despite the odds. It is niave to think that every american will rise to great levels cause there is not enough room at the top for us all.

The point should be to effect as many as possible with better lives and it will take more work to get there.

Tell me what was the message of mlk? It was not to rise up and leave your like behind. It wwas a message of unity that allowed blacks to have their first glimpse at freedom. I agree at some point that unity has to be widened to start including everyone.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
2012 FBI Statistics...

White Crimes...69.3%
Black Crimes... 28.1%
Everyone else makes up the remainder...

So with that in Mind...why do people keep saying "Black people commit more crime"?

Deny Ignorance...
Take off the White Hood & Robe before you log in to ATS is my advice.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

2012 FBI Statistics...

White Crimes...69.3%
Black Crimes... 28.1%
Everyone else makes up the remainder...

So with that in Mind...why do people keep saying "Black people commit more crime"?

Deny Ignorance...
Take off the White Hood & Robe before you log in to ATS is my advice.

I'll give you a few minutes to delete/amend your post before I embarrass you with facts.
edit on 4-1-2015 by Edumakated because: forgot something

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

A 2:1 ratio says I can safely say that.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Goods points but you danced around my implication that due to their unique circumstances in life they became even more culturally intwined than just about every other ethenic group other than the jews who have had similar paths. The unity and overall sacrifice to survive attidude is actually one huge factor in what made america great. That is often the case anytime pressure is appplied to things.

It's 2014. The black community that you paint with stereotypes did not grow up in slavery, or even segregation. You know slavery ended 150 years ago, right?

Let's snap back to reality.

The events that triggered the protests were 2 cases where a Grand Jury heard all the evidence, considered the evidence, and did not find enough evidence to bring charges based on the law.

Justice does not mean getting the results you want. Justice means allowing the system, however flawed it might or might not be, play out.

It's the same justice system that many of the same people praised when OJ Simpson was found not guilty of murdering his wife and Ron Goldman.

To equate people going into a restaurant and disrupting diners because of these cases really diminishes their credibility, imo.

It's so outrageously counter-productive I would think looking at it as false flag may be a better angle. Who decided this was a smart thing to do? Who in the media decided to make this a headline story?

Who benefits from this? What's the consequence if their is more division and backlash?

Who wins? I promise you it's not the black community that wins from this type of protest over what happened with Garner and Brown.

What i know is that my great grandfather who i met when younger owned slaves.

i know i was a 5yo boy being called sir by grown black men with fear in their eyes.

You must be a purdy old man to have ever met anyone that owned slaves. The 13th amendment was ratified in 1865. So if he owned the last American slave when he was say 15 years old, then he was born in 1850. That makes him 100 in 1950. So you were born in 1945 then so you must be 70 years old.

Is that about right?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Embarrass me?

How are you gonna do that when it is written in the FBI.gov link about 4 posts above mine?

But go ahead...
"Embarrass me"!!!

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join