It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Protesters Storm NYC Restaurants – Target & Harass White People Eating Brunch

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Goods points but you danced around my implication that due to their unique circumstances in life they became even more culturally intwined than just about every other ethenic group other than the jews who have had similar paths. The unity and overall sacrifice to survive attidude is actually one huge factor in what made america great. That is often the case anytime pressure is appplied to things.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

No BS. It wouldn't bother me.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: deadeyedick

a true visionary.

Imagine a world goverened by morality. A place where instead of legal meanings and definitions one would simply weigh the moral necessity of actions based on earth and human needs.

Ironic.

That's pretty much the point the dude from the college in Alabama was trying to make with his video, and atheists were outraged and demanded an apology because he referenced "religion" as being what helps people obey laws.

religion and other moral teachings will always be needed until everyone honestly can answer the question "pleasure or pain" the same.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Everyone's ancestors were slaves at some point.

It's called growing up.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

It's called growing up.

perhaps that statment has truth in it.

now tell me the correct number of yrs. it takes to remove such mental scarring?

The group in question is by far the youngest in this land when viewing through the lens of slavery.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

It's called growing up.

perhaps that statment has truth in it.

The group in question is by far the youngest in this land when viewing through the lens of slavery.

My grand father was an abusive alcoholic, my mom was scarred by him, I was not. This feels more like holding a grudge.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

No problem...

126 Black people killed by police in a population of 45,003,665...
That's 1 in 357,171

326 White people killed by police in a population of 245,532,000...
That's 1 in 753,165...

Population stats from Google...
The shot & killed statistics made famous by Bill O'Reilly come from 2012 apparently...

There is no regulation of statistics in general in the U.S.

So we can safely say that in 2012 Black people were twice as likely to be killed by police...
What the stats would tell us for 2014 is pretty much impossible to find out.

Edit: You're correct Jamie we can only speculate on the cause, & that benefits no one anyways.

edit on 4-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
link   

I would describe being stomped,kicked,etc.by large numbers of blacks (on multiple occasions for no reason)as being pain.

By your logic,I should have the right to become like a racist "The Punisher".

I used to be extremely racist-because of what ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME-I can't imagine whining about something that happened to OTHER PEOPLE that lived in ANOTHER ERA OF TIME.

You are just making excuses for their behavior.

link   
a reply to: opethPA

"Angry/delusional whites on #BlackBrunchNYC don't understand what racism is. Black people lack power dynamic necessary to be racist 2 whites."

LoL I know right, So angry they were having brunch! RAWR!

Do you think it physically hurts to be as stupid as some of these protesters out doing this stuff?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Goods points but you danced around my implication that due to their unique circumstances in life they became even more culturally intwined than just about every other ethenic group other than the jews who have had similar paths. The unity and overall sacrifice to survive attidude is actually one huge factor in what made america great. That is often the case anytime pressure is appplied to things.

It's 2014. The black community that you paint with stereotypes did not grow up in slavery, or even segregation. You know slavery ended 150 years ago, right?

Let's snap back to reality.

The events that triggered the protests were 2 cases where a Grand Jury heard all the evidence, considered the evidence, and did not find enough evidence to bring charges based on the law.

Justice does not mean getting the results you want. Justice means allowing the system, however flawed it might or might not be, play out.

It's the same justice system that many of the same people praised when OJ Simpson was found not guilty of murdering his wife and Ron Goldman.

To equate people going into a restaurant and disrupting diners because of these cases really diminishes their credibility, imo.

It's so outrageously counter-productive I would think looking at it as false flag may be a better angle. Who decided this was a smart thing to do? Who in the media decided to make this a headline story?

Who benefits from this? What's the consequence if their is more division and backlash?

Who wins? I promise you it's not the black community that wins from this type of protest over what happened with Garner and Brown.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Chinatown's Sex Slaves - Human Trafficking and San Francisco's History

Just to let you know, blacks weren't the only slaves in America.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Not that I have an argument with exercising your 2nd Amendment rights but what good would it do you in this situation? I try to imagine myself being there and what I would do. Being a bit of a loudmouth in crowds I would be tempted to get up on a table and yell "what exactly do you want US to do about it?, this issue crosses racial lines because all races are being victimized by police out of control. Do you want help or do you just want for us to hate you ?"

This tactic is so far beyond stupid it must be designed to generate more racial animosity. Question is who is behind it ?

If it looked opportune I might even ask one of the protesters if I could buy them brunch and let's talk about it.

This is exactly how I feel about it. This issue does cross racial lines because blacks are not the only ones being victimized. If they want support for their cause, don't attack the very people you need on your side! They've only weakened the movement and justified police to be overly cautious of African Americans. They're behaving in a way which only helps justify the actions of the police. They're escalating and misdirecting their anger which only gives more credibility to police stereotyping the black community.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

They are committing more crime-so obviously they would end up being shot more by the police.

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

It is bulls#...

It's not even close to 21.

Thanks. I like knowing the real stats, the facts. This really shouldn't be that hard of a number to figure out.

Still, no matter what the number it's not meaningful unless there is an established causation. Claiming skin color is the cause of the stat is incredibly naive and stupid. If you had to make your living analyzing stats and making decisions based off of that analysis, and simply used correlation, not causation, you would be broke.

Exactly. Blacks commit way more crime per capita so it stands to reason there is a higher likelihood they will be in violent encounters with police. Not racism. Just math...

link   

"Hey.... I have an idea. We can make sure that NOBODY has any sympathy left for them. Let's hire some protesters to go into restaurants and harass white people having lunch!"

Sympathy? Nobody? Fairly obvious what you're saying here...

I think maybe we've reached a point where relying on the kindness of strangers - or some kind of benevolent fallout from undisturbed white folks is not going to bring us the kind of change we're looking for

Peaceful protest doesn't guarantee that people will not be bothered. If they're doing something illegal - I'm guessing they've factored that into their plans and are willing to accept responsibility for their actions and accept the consequences

Gateway Pundit - seriously? :-)

edit on 1/4/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

That's speculation & I'd rather not get into that.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

How bout instead you tell me if any of these protesters were slaves.........

*crickets*

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

The unity to riot and protest when someone in the black community (usually of dubious origins) gets slighted by the man? Or the unity to exclude any help from other races that may be sympathetic to them? I see you painting a picture of the black America that is WAY different than reality. The black America I see is one that lets itself be blindly led by liberal media usually fueled by a race baiter of some sort (Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc) who never actually does anything to improve the black community's problems. They do this while trying to hide behind travesties done to people in this country before anyone in it was even alive to hide from culpability that their own actions may also be partially at fault to their situation.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

No problem...

126 Black people killed by police in a population of 45,003,665...
That's 1 in 357,171

326 White people killed by police in a population of 245,532,000...
That's 1 in 753,165...

Population stats from Google...
The shot & killed statistics made famous by Bill O'Reilly come from 2012 apparently...

There is no regulation of statistics in general in the U.S.

So we can safely say that in 2012 Black people were twice as likely to be killed by police...
What the stats would tell us for 2014 is pretty much impossible to find out.

Edit: You're correct Jamie we can only speculate on the cause, & that benefits no one anyways.

Thanks!

Yes, without knowing the causal variables focusing on ethnicity or race is dumb. Maybe it's a factor and has some weighting. We don't know.

So all told there were 452 people shot by police in 2012.

There were 388 shot and killed in Chicago in 2014 by criminals. That's 1 person every 19 hours shot and killed in Chicago. There were 2231 shootings in Chicago in 2014. That's 1 shooting every 3 hours.

That's just Chicago, not the entire U.S. Over 3 times as many people shot dead in Chicago alone in 2014 than blacks killed by police in the entire country in 2012.

Who called this a genocide? Maybe you should take a couple weeks and visit Sudan.

Maybe the protesters should be going into the high crime areas of Chicago protesting instead of nice restaurants in NYC.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join